EA Forums - Banner

My Two Accounts Overlap in this FORUM

Hi
I have two accounts. When I login with DONCARRIERE and then choose the FORUM from the main menu, once the FORUM page shows it puts the name of my second account, on the top right side. I would of thought it should not do that. I am using Mozilla. Just installed it today.
Thanks
Don

Replies

• I have messaged this post not as this user but as Don Carriere. On the main login page it does state Don Carriere so why, I ask, does the system think I am not?
    Thanks
    Don
  • I shut down and rebooted my PC and the issue of the "user name" seems to be clear. My initial issue still persists. I can only use Mozilla or EDGE to log into my account.
    Very strange
    Don
  • gamerdruid
    3490 posts Moderator
    It's one of the strange effects that developed from the change of landing page. You need to log out of the game and log out of EA system otherwise it still maintains a link.

If you're logged into the game with one account, but decide to enter the forums from the game, you may not be logged into the forum with the account you expect.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • thank you for your reply and I think I missed the issue when I posted. That is a minor issue. My biggest is I can no longer use CHROME. After logging in with CHROME it gives me a momentary welcome screen (just a flash then it is replaced with a similar screen with two red boxes. One says "server offline", Rank cannot be provided. and of course, there is no display of the world I am on. If I use EDGE or MOZILLA, I have no issues login and playing except all my plug in's are for CHROME and would need to install for MOZILLA.
    Do you recommend that I de-install CHROME and IE?
  • As I have logged in now as DONCARRIERE you can see from the posts that another player posted those in my account. How can this happen? Plus if I look at My History it shows the other players questions and not the ones I know I have made over the last two years. I appears to be mixed?
    Cheers
    Don
  • gamerdruid
    3490 posts Moderator
    edited July 12
    My advice is not to delete/remove chrome.
    Re-installing chrome tends to use previous settings if they're not deleted or changed.

If you go to chromes settings there's an option to delete almost everything. Use that to delete session files (which seem to be the cause of many problems) and the usual cache, history and cookies. Check to see which accounts you're storing passwords for. Can you show a screen shot of the My History - blank the end of names if they're not you - so those that understand these things can see the issue.

The aim is to be able to reproduce the issue on test machines and by cleaning out your machine you may solve the problem.
  • Thanks for that. Now this afternoon I log into the welcome screen and still get "server off line" red buttons but on the top right button I can select "play now" and it runs the game no issues. So now I have chrome working just fine but in my hurry I removed the CnCTA script and re-installed it. Now I have issues as some of my displays are gone. Nothing to do with EA. Getting back to the issue. I am now logged into Chrome as I write this. So why does my browser tell me the server is offline? but accessible via the right hand button. Don't they both point to the same thing?
    BTW I will use your advise to delete session files in the option menu.
    Let you know if it changes things. He is a pic.
    6srcgtq07gw9.jpg
    Don
  • I have done as instructed and cleared all caches and other files and the issue is no more. Just have to fix my extensions now. Its still a mystery but its fixed. Cheers
  • gamerdruid
    3490 posts Moderator
    EA had problems with the initial version of the new landing page and it messed up some session files. I'm glad it's working now.
  • Cool, that's good news. Last night all was working just fine, now today it sees me as on Veteran World 7 and asks me to restart a new game. Mobile connection the same. I had the same issue when EA was down last year for a few days. I guess I will have to wait for things to get fixed. I tried Firefox, Chrome and Edge and they all tell me I am on the wrong world (FYI) :)
    Lets hope it wont take too long
    Cheers
  • gamerdruid
    3490 posts Moderator
    Your default world could be offline for the maintenance update - strangely the 'new' default becomes Vet7 in that case.
  • sorry for the query, it working now but I find that when I log in, once I put my credentials in I get a general EA splash screen now. Just started a week ago, so i need to click on the "favorites" button once again and takes me where I want to go. Its almost like and EA commercial splash page advertising other games. No issue, as I simply hit request the second time and I get thru just fine. You can close this thread. Thanks a bunch.