EA Forums - Banner

Funds

Prev13456710
Salut a tous je sais pas ci vous avait remarquer cette augmentation des funds c'est devenue hors de prix 40€ pour 90.000 funds et 4.55 pour 6000 ca commence a faire très chère la plupart des 🎃🎃🎃🎃 qui on peux de moyen et qu'il veule faire comme tout le monde bientôt ne pourront plus a cause de cette hausse faramineuse il faut faire quelque chose une pétition ou autre ne penssont pas qu'a nous mes au autre aussi
merci a tous d'avance

Replies

• Hi
    Why has the price gone up for funds I only just started to play But wont be playing much longer as price is way to high
    Can someone explain why it has gone up
    And why we have not been told about it

Kind regards
    Luis
  • Yeah i would like to know this too not only is game not as good as it used to be now you put the prices up is it a joke ????????
  • Soixie
    490 posts Member
    USD pricing remains unchanged

$4.99 = 4k
    11.99 = 11k
    20.49 = 22k
    40.99 = 50k
  • maybe they refer to the argentinian "model", which sucks indeed and will reduce the player base much.
  • peadawg
    13 posts Member
    Soixie wrote: »

$4.99 = 4k
    11.99 = 11k
    20.49 = 22k
    40.99 = 50k

Not everyone; hardly anyone for that matter, is a US based player. We have players from outside the US that are now being charged USD rates. Maybe that is what they are referring. Why don't you try to be a little less abrasive in all your posts and be helpful, or simply read and move along. You do nothing for the user community nor the game.
  • barlic1alan
    5 posts New member
    well in the uk its gone up and it went up with last update so why is that ???
  • barlic1alan
    5 posts New member
    > @Soixie said:
    > USD pricing remains unchanged
    >
    > $4.99 = 4k
    > 11.99 = 11k
    > 20.49 = 22k
    > 40.99 = 50k

And you are happy to be paying 41 dollars for 50k funds ????? well i sure ant
  • > @Soixie said:
    And you are happy to be paying 41 dollars for 50k funds ????? well i sure ant

pretty sure that after they removed ARG funding, many players wont be happy anymore.
  • gamerdruid
    3688 posts Moderator
    edited July 16
    There has been an introductory offer in place for a while.

The UK price hasn't changed for either a new player 90 000 funds for £29.99 or a player purchasing for subsequent times 50 000 funds for £29.99

International currency fluctuations mean that the 'value' of these when compared to other currencies does change - for example today the 'value' of £29.99 is US $ 37.64 and US $ 40.99 is UK £32.66

They are comparable but not precisely the same. If I did the same comparison in 3 weeks time then I'd expect them to be different values for the same 'price'.

EA (who collect real cash) are based in the US so I'd expect the US price to be what they wish to get but they don't change the rates frequently to reflect the currency fluctuations.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • > @gamerdruid said:
    > There has been an introductory offer in place for a while.
    >
    > The UK price hasn't changed for either a new player 90 000 funds for £29.99 or a player purchasing for subsequent times 50 000 funds for £29.99
    >
    > International currency fluctuations mean that the 'value' of these when compared to other currencies does change - for example today the 'value' of £29.99 is US $ 37.64 and US $ 40.99 is UK £32.66
    >
    > They are comparable but not precisely the same. If I did the same comparison in 3 weeks time then I'd expect them to be different values for the same 'price'.
    >
    > EA (who collect real cash) are based in the US so I'd expect the US price to be what they wish to get but they don't change the rates frequently to reflect the currency fluctuations.

So whats the 33% bonus about? It still appears to be 50k funds, at £29.99 - If that's 33% off then that has increased. £30 is far too expensive as it is.
  • Soixie
    490 posts Member
    peadawg wrote: »
    Soixie wrote: »

$4.99 = 4k
    11.99 = 11k
    20.49 = 22k
    40.99 = 50k

Not everyone; hardly anyone for that matter, is a US based player. We have players from outside the US that are now being charged USD rates. Maybe that is what they are referring. Why don't you try to be a little less abrasive in all your posts and be helpful, or simply read and move along. You do nothing for the user community nor the game.

eh, I offered nothing off the sort. I simply stated pricing.

• The new prices will kill entire communities of players, as they are so large. Russian players will definitely not play anymore at this price. We have a minimum wage of 12,000, and a purchase price of 2,200, this is an unrealistic figure and let's not forget about the global crisis and pandemic.
  • gamerdruid
    3688 posts Moderator
    Whilst a price of 2 200 may be expensive for Russians, it does translate to approximately the same for other regions. It has been the case for a long time that international currency fluctuations make the game expensive, very expensive or extremely expensive for some countries/currencies in relation to average income where the income level is considered low for Western countries such as those in Europe or North America.

EA have had this same issue many times and it is discussed here in general terms and in the terms you post of groups leaving. EA are aware of this, but stick with their policy.
  • > @gamerdruid said:
    > Whilst a price of 2 200 may be expensive for Russians, it does translate to approximately the same for other regions. It has been the case for a long time that international currency fluctuations make the game expensive, very expensive or extremely expensive for some countries/currencies in relation to average income where the income level is considered low for Western countries such as those in Europe or North America.
    >
    > EA have had this same issue many times and it is discussed here in general terms and in the terms you post of groups leaving. EA are aware of this, but stick with their policy.

EAs stance makes zero sense, and is essentially filled by greed, especially in the current financial climate.

What you're saying then is EA wanted a equal price for all, which on the face of it would seem to be fair. However, they've fixed that price at the highest end, and haven't found a happy medium. This is a sort of "Quantity over Quality" argument with "quality" relating to higher funds, which is absurd. It's clearly priced many out and you will see many people leave, or worse, people might have an addiction and spend beyond their means - similar to what we see in the gambling industry.

In the times we're in - myself included - we haven't been able to go out, and a lot of people were on their own with little contact with others - this game gave a place for contact with people, and probably helped many people cope mentally whilst the pandemic was going on - many wouldn't recognize that. I've spoken to quite a few people in game who had returned after years out due to the pandemic, however they won't stick around long now. I don't think it's right that EA do this move in the current climate, it isn't ethical, and is sticking a finger up at many loyal customers with years of trade such as the Russian and South American communities. This is undoubtedly a profiteering move by EA, and it absolutely stinks. If they had any integrity, they would seek an average cost to make it affordable to those in the poorer areas, as well as it being affordable to those in better economies. Has there been any customer research on what is deemed a fair price? Was there any thought to record numbers of unemployment in many countries? A thousand players paying $10 is better than 100 paying $40. This seems extremely short sighted in the times. Just my view, I welcome thoughts of others on this.
  • gamerdruid
    3688 posts Moderator
    edited July 17
    There prices haven't changed - and they're in this to make money for shareholders (not me, I'm not an employee or shareholder).

This thread started because of the weakness of the mexican Peso v US $ - or a misreading (or misunderstanding) of the prices.

The original poster hasn't returned to clarify the situation.
  • Amigos , el juego es eso, un juego, no le pongamos mas cosas al asunto que no existe (comunidades, grupos etc.), Ademas es lo que quiere hacer EA en 🎃🎃🎃🎃 de su NEGOCIO poco le importa si ganas dinero tu o no, para que le pides que BAJE los precios si no lo haran. crees que te daran las gracias por todo lo que invertiste? NO !, simplemente DEJA DE JUGAR Y YA NO TENDRAS EL PROBLEMA DE LOS COSTOS. esto es para todos los latinos, dejemos de jugar y ya.

Friends, the game is that, a game, let's not put more things to the matter that does not exist (communities, groups, etc.). Besides, it is what EA wants to do in pursuit of its BUSINESS, it does not matter if you earn money or not, so you ask them to LOWER prices if they don't. Do you think they will thank you for everything you invested? NO!, Just STOP PLAYING AND YOU WILL NO LONGER HAVE THE COST PROBLEM. This is for all Latinos, let's stop playing and now.
  • Master161822
    21 posts Member
    edited July 18
    Players are unhappy because many bought funds using the Argentina price, so they would only pay $15 USD for 50,000 funds with the exchange rate. Now that Argentina has been "fixed" with the recent patch, it is listed in USD. So no more cheap funds.

No one wants to pay $40 for 50,000 funds. For a top player this will only last a week.

$15 is probably too cheap but $40 is crazy. There should be somewhere in the middle. If players find the game too expensive and quit, or if they don't buy as many funds as before, then EA makes less money overall despite the higher prices.
  • eddi13131
    4 posts New member
    Most players will simply leave the game. There will remain a small group that will simply play, but if there is no competition, there is no point in spending funds. And the $ 15 price seems to be the most fair.
  • > @gamerdruid said:
    > There prices haven't changed - and they're in this to make money for shareholders (not me, I'm not an employee or shareholder).
    >
    > This thread started because of the weakness of the mexican Peso v US $ - or a misreading (or misunderstanding) of the prices.
    >
    > The original poster hasn't returned to clarify the situation.

So what's the 33% bonus I asked about earlier?
  • We understand that EA is a company which has shareholders and business is business.
    However this isnt a wise business move, this sounds like the Thailand way of doing business.
    Less tourists? lets raise prices to cover what we lost. Thats stupid though because people will simply stay away.
    So for the shareholders this is a bad business move.

15dollars was a reasonable price so everyone world-wide could play.
    South americans, Russians and Asians simply cant afford these prices and now with the pandemic most Europeans and Americans cant either.
    So whats the idea behind this?

So why the final nail in the coffin @EE_Elephterion ?

Removing Loot and RP from PvP was a 🎃🎃🎃🎃 move and cost a boatload of players to leave.
    This will be the bullet to the head.

We demand lower prices.

My Team will not continue to play with these kind of prices.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!