EA Forums - Banner

Funds

Replies

• FredTheWasp
    1 posts New member
    I'm not EA ❤️❤️❤️❤️. Bye
  • berck13
    1 posts New member
    EA good luck with that. For many players this is the end . 40 USD for 50K funds?????????????? Get reasonable asap
  • Isaackorp
    22 posts Member
    edited July 18
    You know it surprises me time after time that people with a reasonable intellect (I assume the top of EA-Origine have some) can come to these ridiculous decisions, cutting off their noses to spite their faces. I can understand that EA are not happy that players from all over the world buy at Argentine prices, but to set prices at US level for the whole world is the wrong move. Your volume will go down and in the end so will your profits, because players are buying more funds at the lower prices,lower cost of funds stimulates more playing.
  • leman4o
    6 posts Member
    edited July 18
    EA - Thanks for your time!
    You have done for me, and for many Russians - a gift!
    If earlier I donated at least 500,000 funds to 1 world, now I will stop donating altogether.
    My team of 150 players and I will no longer continue to play.

You took me off the drug - called command & conquer tiberium alliances!

Firestorm 14 - 472000 funds! :D
    bxlt3gpars25.png
  • 6A614
    1 posts New member
    wrong move EA, im playing this game for years but this is really ridiculous, nobody is going to pay 40usd for 50 k funds, plus our friends in many countries simply cannot afford US level prices, why killing the game?
  • For a long time EA (or whoever is responsible) is doing everything to kill that game. Stupid updates - arbitrary ruleset changes - changing the game from a strategic war/pvp game into a useless farming game and now as a summit a ridiculous rise in prizes. Nobody should spend that much money for a browser game with no support!

Let us boycott that game and play another one!
  • MeSeGee
    1 posts New member
    i think this gonna be my last server i can't play with this payment
  • What´s going on with this movement of removing Argentina´s funds? I am Argentinian, you guys are killing us, if this go on or doesnt change will be game over for a lot of players including me. Of course WE CAN´T AFFORD that new price of 40usd for 50k. with the latest price it was nearly 15 usd but we have internal taxes over those expenses around 30%.
    I really hope you guys reconsider and rollback your greedy acts if not sadly it´s a goodbye.
  • Welt141
    2 posts New member
    It's a good time to say Bye Tiberium. Thx EA for helping with that decision.
    2200 Rub for 50,000 funds in-browser game in 2020. Somewhere greedy goblins crying...
  • YeduK22
    3 posts New member
    As others have said - Many bought from Argentina - EA if they had any sense should look at why - It wasn't just because it's cheaper funds - The 40 USD set was unaffordable.

If this stays it'll be good bye and frankly good riddance
  • Jonikus_kz
    3 posts New member
    For $ 15 you could play for fun, despite the patches that kill the command game, at least some kind of action was put on. But for $ 40, I can afford more than a browser game stuck in 2000. The average income in my country is $ 300 - giving 40 for that is ridiculous! Thanks for saving me from spending money on EA, this is my last world.
  • Crazy prices now, each server is going to cost hundreds of pounds, it's unsustainable, might as well put 2 servers worth of funds into a new PS5, cost will be the same. The only way to compete is using all your SP on CP, which was affordable, but won't be now, you've created a game for the top 1%, thanks EA :(
  • I agree, the price rise has done me, I have been here since it started 10 years ago and its getting too dear so will be pulling the pin after this world
  • Soixie
    457 posts Member
    edited July 19
    Cudey2 wrote: »
    EAs stance makes zero sense, and is essentially filled by greed, especially in the current financial climate.

Own your own business? EA isn't here for free hand outs, they are here to be greedy and make money.
    No one wants to pay $40 for 50,000 funds. For a top player this will only last a week.

10's of thousands do and continue to do so. I know a dozen that pay $200/month.
    eddi13131 wrote: »
    Most players will simply leave the game. There will remain a small group that will simply play, but if there is no competition, there is no point in spending funds. And the $ 15 price seems to be the most fair.

Within the industry, $15/mo is the standard minimum which is precisely where we're at.
    redmatch1 wrote: »
    We understand that EA is a company which has shareholders and business is business.
    However this isnt a wise business move, this sounds like the Thailand way of doing business.
    Less tourists? lets raise prices to cover what we lost. Thats stupid though because people will simply stay away.
    So for the shareholders this is a bad business move.

15dollars was a reasonable price so everyone world-wide could play.
    South americans, Russians and Asians simply cant afford these prices and now with the pandemic most Europeans and Americans cant either.
    So whats the idea behind this?

So why the final nail in the coffin @EE_Elephterion ?

Removing Loot and RP from PvP was a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ move and cost a boatload of players to leave.
    This will be the bullet to the head.

We demand lower prices.

My Team will not continue to play with these kind of prices.

Actually, on proven business practices, the price changes were more than appropriate. Business 101. Based on gaming traffic, most mid to top level players have been affording it for years.

The "EE" in "EE_Elephterion" stands for Envision Entertainment and neither Envision nor EE have anything to do with the pricing model of this game, it's EA. You can "demand" all you want, it'll fall on deft ears here. Complaints about pricing should be forwarded to EA. You may reach them here:https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
  • > @gamerdruid said:
    > There has been an introductory offer in place for a while.
    >
    > The UK price hasn't changed for either a new player 90 000 funds for £29.99 or a player purchasing for subsequent times 50 000 funds for £29.99
    >
    > International currency fluctuations mean that the 'value' of these when compared to other currencies does change - for example today the 'value' of £29.99 is US $ 37.64 and US $ 40.99 is UK £32.66
    >
    > They are comparable but not precisely the same. If I did the same comparison in 3 weeks time then I'd expect them to be different values for the same 'price'.
    >
    > EA (who collect real cash) are based in the US so I'd expect the US price to be what they wish to get but they don't change the rates frequently to reflect the currency fluctuations.

Well the actually the uk price has gone up after patch It was £24.99 now £29.99 thats a £5 rise in my book
    and i have the statements to prove it if you dispute that
  • gamerdruid
    3490 posts Moderator
    edited July 19
    Price change can be because of withdrawal of special offers. I've paid £29.99 many times in the past (and more as £29.99 was after a re-adjustment of prices and the value of the pound had changed.)

You may well have paid £24.99 but that isn't the 'value' of the US $40 or even close now.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • @Soxie

Im glad you have a well paid job in a 1st world country.
    But most 3rd world country players and middle class Europeand and Americans cant afford 40usd for 50k funds.
    As another player mentioned it will cost hundreds of euros to finish 1 server.
    So it leaves the game to a 1% to play and win by default.
    Wont be much fun playing a world with 100 players willing and able to pay that much.

The argentinian funds trick made the game affordable for 99% of the remaining community.
    Business 101 you call it? Youre supposed to make a profit, not run it into the ground by chasing away most of your customers.
    Its not like this game is new and has a large community.
  • Soxie knows „10´s of thousands“ players who pay 40 Dollar for 50.000 Funds😂 So EA is doing everything right👏

Back to reality: after the start of a new world at most it takes 3-4 weeks and max. 100-200 player are still aktive! Why? Ofc there are different reasons - for sure all the changes concerning PVP are one big aspect.
    Over the past years there had been some great battles - but now it’s a boring farming game for 95% of the time without any support.

I´m pretty sure that most guys here will never pay 40 Dollar for 50.000 funds -> and that’s right!!! Even the few guys who probably can afford these crazy prize will be clever enough to stop paying! There are other games with more support + cheap prize!
  • Looks like the end for me.
  • Isaackorp wrote: »
    You know it surprises me time after time that people with a reasonable intellect (I assume the top of EA-Origine have some) can come to these ridiculous decisions, cutting off their noses to spite their faces. I can understand that EA are not happy that players from all over the world buy at Argentine prices, but to set prices at US level for the whole world is the wrong move. Your volume will go down and in the end so will your profits, because players are buying more funds at the lower prices,lower cost of funds stimulates more playing.

you know, i think we assume too much of their knowledge, attentiveness or rationality. there are developers who run the game, there is ea who run the funds. they are completely different people who probably never met each other and know nothing of each other's existence.

if you ever talked to ea support you will know that they re clueless. every time some credit card doesnt work you have to explain to them how to switch it back on and teach a new employee how to do it, and go through hoops explaining that you are doing it the 10th time and know what you are doing and tried all other things while they have no idea. none of them ever heard of this game, and what ta funds mean, etc. so i'm pretty convinced that they always thought the prices are fine, they never noticed that lotsa players use changes in exchange rates to get a discount (before argentina there was mexico, and before that russia, and before that belarus), they never "intended" to break this discount with the new website, it just happened by accident. now explaining to them how it worked and why people kept playing at those ridiculous front prices and telling them they should lower posted prices will never get understood, just because they are incapable of analyzing anything so minor. its not worth their attention. and the game is going to fall out of favor and become unprofitable just because they have never paid attention, and now they have unintentionally broken it and nobody will be there to fix it. another example of the old story: if something works, just don't try to fix it