EA Forums - Banner

Need more Challenge contests

lot of players have stated they come on here a lot of times just hoping to find a challenge contest going on. Any way we can get a contest going like every other month or something like that? Also what about a changeup in the fort style. Like have a small fortress in each sector and you have to destroy that before you can attack the main fortress in the center.

Replies

• gamerdruid
    3572 posts Moderator
    We've had quite a few challenges in the past that were broken! It would be good to have ones that worked, but broken ones are annoying to players on worlds where it doesn't work correctly. e

Multiple mini-fortresses or even hubs in outlying areas have been suggested in the past. A veteran world, which we've not had for a long time, has multiple hubs but no fortress.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • gamerdruid wrote: »
    We've had quite a few challenges in the past that were broken! It would be good to have ones that worked, but broken ones are annoying to players on worlds where it doesn't work correctly.

How's about a challenge world that's literally broken... I would like to ask the next world (or worlds after that) to have more aggressive forgotten... like more forgotten attacks, faster base spawning and faster base/move recoveries. It it literally broken that forgotten bases spawn 5, 10, or 15 times as fast and/or often. To compensate for this, I would suggest a higher CP and RT generation and cap, as well as increased power production... the first one, if you can't clear the bases, you could end up in a level 12 5 wave attack zone; the 2nd one, no one wants to lose power on a world like this... it would feel like an old economy world but much more difficult.

• gamerdruid
    3572 posts Moderator
    For a Firestorm world, why not!?! Until the complaints come in that it's too hard and 'demands' to lower the difficulty :wink:

I can't see them increasing caps on RT or CP, but maybe they'll increase production rate of cp. RT seems to be 'real time' so changing that may be more difficult. This could be compensated by using the 'challenge' features of killing forgotten camps etc that have buildings that give RT - maybe capped at a certain amount every 3-5 days then a countdown to another 3-5 day period, rinse and repeat.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • gamerdruid wrote: »
    For a Firestorm world, why not!?! Until the complaints come in that it's too hard and 'demands' to lower the difficulty :wink:

This is the issue, I wanted the forgotten to be more aggressive to encourage pro's into more PvE and show to the novices how threatening the forgotten are. Problem is that the bases would regrow 2 to 5 times as fast (10 times may be too much) compared to a regular world and forgotten attacks occur more often. To remedy this, increase the Power production, CP production and CP cap. The RT can be cut in half, if it takes 30 minutes to repair a level 15 Reckonner with a level 15 Weapons Factory, it takes 15 minutes on this world. It should be a high difficulty and high reward world...