EA Forums - Banner

Worlds level 80, some questions about poi, ruleset and fortress

Prev1
5KY3_64
6 posts Member
edited September 25
Hi all,

I see some differences with the last 4 worlds with the max level of all units be increase by 15, i play on wrath 26,

I have a lot of questions about the differences between each of these 4 worlds and the others worlds.

Each world are different,
Wrath 26, 10 000 slots, no forgotten attack, morale, fortress in 330:330
Tiberium 45, 15 000 slots, no forgotten attack, morale, fortress in 400:400
Firestorm 14, 5000 slots, no forgotten attack, no morale, fortress in 400:400
Tiberium 46, 20 000 slots, forgotten attack, no morale, fortress in 450:450

Some adjustments were made during the game,
Wrath 26: morale decrease (game version 20.2 at 25/09)
Tiberium 45 all bonus poi increase to 250% (game version 20.3 at 25/09)

1st part: Poi :)

We have the biggest poi ever seen in this game, why the offensive max bonus (tier 39; 3.375T pts) can be reached with 1 poi level 59? Poi level 60-62 are only for the multiplier rank ?
But for ressources Poi, we can’t reach the max tier. [url]https://prnt.sc/undpp0[/url]

Why the bonuses with each 4 worlds are different in this 4 worlds ?

Wrath 26, Tiberium 46, Tiberium 45 before the update 20.3 have the same gain poi (100%)
Firestorm 14, all bonuses increase by 200%
now, tiberium 45 has all bonuses increased by 250%. with update 20.3.

With 7.5T- 8T pts ressources poi we have a big differences
Wrath 26 [url]https://prnt.sc/undse2[/url] (it’s the same for Tiberium 46)
Tiberium 45 [url]https://prnt.sc/undrf2[/url]
Firestorm 14 [url]https://prnt.sc/undrz0[/url]

this is the same for offense poi
Wrath 26 [url]https://prnt.sc/undy0k[/url] (it’s the same for Tiberium 46)
Tiberium 45 [url]https://prnt.sc/undyab[/url]
Firestorm 14 [url]https://prnt.sc/undymh[/url]

Now we have 3 different ruleset for poi’s but the same result, 1st alliance with a huge gap with the 2nd alliance.

2nd part, the forgotten fortress.

How is the fortress level calculated? We have unlocked the fortress shield, it is level 95, the biggest attack in our world is at 57.

Does the fortress have a predefined minimum level from the beginning of the world ?

Is it possible that 2 fortresses in a row have the same level? The first alliance of firestorm 14 had it level 95, the second alliance has just unlocked it at level 95. I have never seen the first 2 fortresses of a world with the same level for the 2 alliances

Poi are effective against the fortress ?

Good game all

SKYE
Post edited by 5KY3_64 on

Replies

• I can only point the developers to this thread (on Monday) to see if they will respond. The only thing that I can say is that the method of calculating the Fortress hasn't changed as far as I know. Two successive fortress with the same level (in fact 4 or more) happened during testing on the PTE as the player bases didn't grow quickly between fortresses. Maybe that is what happened in this case.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Lvl 95 is the max level of forgotten units that's why tacitus will not go higher than that.
    And yes, lvl 95 tacitus is probably a bug, we were able to kill it on FS14 (2 tries) but we have 2x bonus

I think it's a bug because it does not make any sense to have max level tacitus that is impossible to kill before months of farming.
  • gamerdruid
    3634 posts Moderator
    edited September 28
    On newer worlds with increased forgotten base and player levels the Fortress is supposed to be increased too, by the same 15 levels.
  • Hello Commanders,

have you taken into account the level reduction from virus injections for the FF? It should end up somewhere more realistic to attack and defeat.

Regarding the POIs, i'm not entirely clear what your question is or where the issue lies @5KY3_64 . POIs on Tib45 have been raised to compensate for the Morale malus that acts more intensely than intended.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • DuracellD4
    3 posts Member
    edited September 29
    > @EE_Elephterion said:
    > Hello Commanders,
    >
    > have you taken into account the level reduction from virus injections for the FF? It should end up >somewhere more realistic to attack and defeat.
    >

Is it normal to have a tacitus lvl 70 after virus injection when biggest offense is lvl 57 ? that's Skye question, because it's way higher than other tacitus on worlds before Forgotten level increase.

On Firestorm 14, we had same tacitus level with biggest offense at lvl 60, and we failed it with bonus x2 we had to farm for a total of 1 month, how long will it take for Wrath 26 to take down tacitus then with normal bonus ? looks like a bug to me
  • Why the maximum tier offensive POI can be reached with a single poi 59? why can't we go further and exceed the 100% limit?
    While the limit of maximum levels for resources levels is much higher.

https://prnt.sc/uqw9i7 As shown in the screenshot, we are at tier 43-45 on the offensive poi without any additional gain

As Duracell said, I think there is a bug on the fortress level.

Could you tell us how the level of the fortress is calculated?
  • gamerdruid
    3634 posts Moderator
    Exact calculations are never revealed by the Developers, but the fortress level is based upon the top 10 players actual levels we've been told in the past.
  • Hello Commanders,

as @gamerdruid pointed out, the Fortress-level is getting adjusted based on the levels of the 10 strongest players of a world. In addition to that, it has a minimum threshold set above the max level for players of a world. This is what is usually used for the first Fortress.
    I'll have to look up the exact details again but 20 levels above max level is iirc what is usually used for Morale or FA worlds.

Regarding the POIs, this could be an issue with the scaling og the POI scores. I'll see what I can find on those.
  • Soixie
    480 posts Member
    Hello Commanders,

as @gamerdruid pointed out, the Fortress-level is getting adjusted based on the levels of the 10 strongest players of a world. In addition to that, it has a minimum threshold set above the max level for players of a world. This is what is usually used for the first Fortress.
    I'll have to look up the exact details again but 20 levels above max level is iirc what is usually used for Morale or FA worlds.

Regarding the POIs, this could be an issue with the scaling og the POI scores. I'll see what I can find on those.

The POI levels are perfectly fine. Player is clearly using a 3rd party script that wasn't updated.
  • @Soixie How can you explain that 9 alliances all have 200% bonus with a difference of 32T points https://prnt.sc/uri450
  • Hello Commanders,

The 20 levels above the 10 best attacks of the server of which you speak, they are counted before or after the injection of the viruses on the fortress. We have it at 95 now, which gives us a difference of 38 levels with the best attack, if we take the average of the 10 best attacks we have 40 levels of difference

• gamerdruid
    3634 posts Moderator
    edited October 2
    The fortress level is generated before the virus injections. At that point the fortress has regenerated and has it's level already set. Injections will bring it down to the range mentioned.
  • 5KY3_64 wrote: »
    Hello Commanders,

The 20 levels above the 10 best attacks of the server of which you speak, they are counted before or after the injection of the viruses on the fortress. We have it at 95 now, which gives us a difference of 38 levels with the best attack, if we take the average of the 10 best attacks we have 40 levels of difference

The level is calculated at the earliest point, when the shields drop. and as I pointed out just above: There is a minimum threshold for the FF level that the Fortress calculation will not underrun, regardless of the levels of the players.
    For Tib45 the max level is 80, the threshold here is set to +15 levels hence the FF starts at 95.
  • Soixie
    480 posts Member
    5KY3_64 wrote: »
    @Soixie How can you explain that 9 alliances all have 200% bonus with a difference of 32T points https://prnt.sc/uri450

The problem appears to be in the display of the top 10 and not the technical calcs producing the total column. The DEVS are verifying.
  • Soixie
    480 posts Member
    @EE_Elephterion ,

With the upcoming level upgrade to all world, I recommend you kill / reset fortress with the patch. The "event" will force all bases to remove themselves from center (or be destroyed). The event will also force the fortress into a level recalculation, since most old worlds have leveled extensively since the last time their fortress was killed.

-Soi
  • Hello Commanders,

as @gamerdruid

Did you get any answers for scaling poi ?

SKYE
  • Soixie
    480 posts Member
    edited October 14
    5KY3_64 wrote: »
    Hello Commanders,

as @gamerdruid

Did you get any answers for scaling poi ?

SKYE

The issue appears to have been fixed, hopefully the anomaly will be corrected on next patch.
    Post edited by Soixie on
  • Soixie wrote: »
    Yes, the issue has been fixed and was simply a display issue as suspected. The anomaly will correct on next patch.

Please refrain from posting in my stead, you are spreading misinformation.
    Yes, the issue has been fixed and was simply a display issue as suspected. The anomaly will correct on next patch.

Knew Soixie was a shill

I posted 1st hand experience, perhaps the meaning of the post was lost in the grammar. Regardless, I've edited the comment to properly express my perspective. I'll welcome you to address the issue directly for more up to date information and confirmation.
    Soixie wrote: »

Knew Soixie was a shill

You are certainly welcome to your opinion.