EA Forums - Banner

Multiple Packages Got Activated With A Single Click.

I tried to purchase one package of 900 CP for 30 days but it got activated 4 times and got charged for it. Nobody is able to help me from EA and am getting excuses that this game is old and has sunset. There is no development support and the studios are closed. If that is so then why not shut down the game completely. My Order # 1003635212372 and Case Id which I registered with EA is #67707598. Need serious help as the matter is of 18K TA ingame currency.

Replies

• gamerdruid
    3827 posts Moderator
    edited November 2020
    The EA help that gave that message are simply wrong! The game is old but Envision Entertainment are the studio responsible for development.

Unfortunately the new drop down system sometimes does lead players to make multiple purchases by accident. It's not a 'bug' in the game as such as it provided you with what you accidently requested.

No-one here is able to help with in-game purchases. I suggest you go back to EA and point out that the game isn't closed down, is still under active development by Envision Entertainment and the feature that gave you the unwanted purchases was only introduced weeks ago. If it is the case that it is not under development ask them to explain why things are changing all the time!

I'll draw the attention of the developers to this thread, but I don't expect much to change.
    Purchasing matters are the responsibility of EA.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Hello Commander,

I'll see what can be done here.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • gamerdruid
    3827 posts Moderator
    Which world is this on and approximately what time of day (quote UTC, European time or whatever time zone you're in).
  • Hi There. Thanks a ton for seeing this post. I never expected this to happen with me. This incident happened on Tiberian 46. I am from India and operate as per IST.

Need your help as the amount of funds involved is huge i.e., 18K.
  • gamerdruid
    3827 posts Moderator
    Thank you for getting back with the world. Can you recall what time of day this happened, to avoid logs for many hours being searched?
  • 12/2/2020, 22:32:11 IST
  • Pls ignore the previous time. The correct one is
    11/2/2020, 22:32:11 IST
  • Hi There. Thanks a ton for seeing this post. I never expected this to happen with me. This incident happened on Tiberian 46. I am from India and operate as per IST.

Me either, curious to why the replies alleging support is coming.

This was common after the November patch, occurred to several that I'm aware of, including me.

We were told to go fly a kite. I need 15 Days of RT like cookies need the color 9.
  • EE_Elephterion
    1648 posts Envision Developer
    edited November 2020
    Soixie wrote: »
    Hi There. Thanks a ton for seeing this post. I never expected this to happen with me. This incident happened on Tiberian 46. I am from India and operate as per IST.

Me either, curious to why the replies alleging support is coming.

This was common after the November patch, occurred to several that I'm aware of, including me.

We were told to go fly a kite. I need 15 Days of RT like cookies need the color 9.

Was that the response from EA customer support? I've not seen posts about this here.
    I can only advise everyone to review their purchase before clicking the Buy button here.
    Players also always can activate the purchase warning in the Options for added safety.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • Hi Elephterion. I have been playing this game for long to know the rules. Would want to know as to how can 4 purchases can be clubbed in one Order at the very same time. If I press multiple times to buy packages, it should create multiple order numbers. Did not that ring any bell.

Would need your help as this is a technical issue and a refund would be appreciated.
  • gamerdruid
    3827 posts Moderator
    Very easily now that they have a drop down option to purchase or use multiple packages: http://prntscr.com/vf7fv7
  • Yes. U r right. But I never changed the number in the filter to 4. Why would I do that as 3700 CP does not make any sense. For a second even if I assume that the counter got changed to 4 instead of 1, that would be a mistake. Does EA not have the ethics to help their customer considering a long term relationship?
  • Hi please help me
  • Players also always can activate the purchase warning in the Options for added safety.

Yes they can. But it seems to want to reset and default to 'don't ask' every time you make a new purchase. Why can't I just set it once and have it stay that way until I go into Options and change it if I decide to? It's really annoying to have to uncheck that radio button every time.