EA Forums - Banner

Is this an error? User information

iguanaworld
425 posts Member
edited November 2020
Hi!

I am playing in the Tiberian 45 world and one of the alliances has already destroyed the fortress (Black Mamba), now that alliance has come to help us against other alliances that are attacking ours BUT they have changed their name to Police Academy.

I had understood that if you look at the information of a player it gives you certain information about him, name of the player, alliance, position of their bases, etc.

How is it possible that if you click on one of its bases the alliance is Black Mamba and if the player information window appears the alliance is another (Police Academy)?

https://prnt.sc/vlo2ji

Thank you.

Note: I play with Chrome latest version.

Edited: I have disabled Tampermonkey in case it was a failure of the external scripts but no, the difference in the alliance name remains even if it is disabled.
Always testing something

Replies

• gamerdruid
    3813 posts Moderator
    Not sure why it has happened. http://prntscr.com/vlow8l I get the same from Tib 45 although I don't play there so caching locally isn't the issue.

I'll ask tomorrow (at least it isn't a weekend when most of these issues seem to surface :smiley: !)
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Do you want to hear problems?

In that same world I am attacking the enemies that attack me with a single base, each attack lasts two minutes and then I launch another attack again.

Suddenly a player arrives (I think it has happened to me with several) and after the two-minute attack I find that I have to wait 30 seconds more. Thats weird!

I launch the second attack and after two minutes the waiting (isolation) of another 30 seconds appears again.

With some players it comes out and with others it doesn't, is it a hack to the game?
    Always testing something
  • That is part of the design of the game apparently. It's been discussed here in the past and although I can't remember the logic behind the implementation, it is part of the design.
  • gamerdruid wrote: »
    That is part of the design of the game apparently. It's been discussed here in the past and although I can't remember the logic behind the implementation, it is part of the design.

With some players it blocks you 30 seconds more the attack and with others not?

What a bad game mechanics, it still sounds like a cheat to me. O:-)
    Always testing something
  • iguanaworld
    425 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Doesn't that sound strange to you?

Rules from the beginning:

- If you attack another player you must wait two minutes between each attack
    - If another alliance wants to attack the same target it will be two minutes and a isolation for half minute more

Strange behavior:

- If you attack another player you must wait two minutes between each attack and then, indefinitely, sometimes, perhaps, you have to wait another half minute of isolation
    Post edited by iguanaworld on
    Always testing something
  • From the original post
    gamerdruid wrote: »
    Not sure why it has happened. http://prntscr.com/vlow8l I get the same from Tib 45 although I don't play there so caching locally isn't the issue.

I'll ask tomorrow (at least it isn't a weekend when most of these issues seem to surface :smiley: !)

Thank you gamerdruid, yeah, luck to be in the middle of the week. O:-)
    Always testing something
  • gamerdruid
    3813 posts Moderator
    Yeah, bad luck during vacation time! oh well, they'll investigate next week!
  • Hello Commanders,

to come back to the initial question: If an alliance renames itself sometimes the displayed name in tooltips on bases/ruins etc. is not updated everywhere, I believe a simple refresh of the tab with your game should fix this. Or does the error persist?
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • A simple refresh didn't change things as I logged on 19th Nov for the first time in a long time. However, it seems that in the 5 days since this was posted the database has caught up with where it should be and it now displays correctly.
  • I agree with @gamerdruid 's comment, a simple browser refresh / or closing and opening the browser) did not fix the problem.

Now it appears normal, as it should be.
    https://prnt.sc/voeio1
    Always testing something
  • We will keep an eye on this oddity.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison