EA Forums - Banner

After taking the fortress

this would be a good game upgrade.
I see People holding on to the centre and getting sat codes to swap alliances and taking a second run.
when an alliance kills the fort can part of the win process be that the winning alliance is moved to the outer rim to give others a chance of moving in to take the fortress. I am on firestorm 13 and the same group of players take the fort jump out by re locating grab all the sat's then make their way back in.
option 2 could be once you have taken the fort your firepower is halved ?

Replies

• gamerdruid
    3827 posts Moderator
    This and similar options have been suggested many times in the past. All are seen as penalising the winning alliance in some way to benefit those not a successful in reaching the fortress and killing it. Without support alliances and alts many alliances wouldn't get to the centre as quickly and wouldn't be able to hold the centre. No acceptable alternative has been suggested in the many years I've played the game.,
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • > @gamerdruid said:
    >" All are seen as penalising the winning alliance in some way to benefit those not a successful in reaching the fortress and killing it. Without support alliances and alts many alliances wouldn't get to the centre as quickly and wouldn't be able to hold the centre. No acceptable alternative has been suggested in the many years I've played the game".,

The winning alliance!! they have finished the game why should they now bully their way in to deciding the fate of the server. what you say is the badges people display are worthless as most did not earn them, I am sure once the winning alliance had been sent to the rim others would make it to the fort and win the game.

when we took w34 in 2013 we left and others then took the world.
    if the winners got sent to the rim the one's who wanted to help could make their way back easily enough to help out when they got their.
  • gamerdruid
    3827 posts Moderator
    The winning alliance!! they have finished the game why should they now bully their way in to deciding the fate of the server. what you say is the badges people display are worthless as most did not earn them, I am sure once the winning alliance had been sent to the rim others would make it to the fort and win the game.

when we took w34 in 2013 we left and others then took the world.
    if the winners got sent to the rim the one's who wanted to help could make their way back easily enough to help out when they got their.
    This is a 'King of the Hill' game! That gives the winner the right to continue to control the fortress. It isn't bullying to be the winner and stick around to help those in the alliances that helped you. They have not 'finished the game' when they take the fortress - it maybe that you consider the game finished at that point, but it doesn't mean that others have to agree with you. After investing large sums of money, cash, in the game and large amounts of time to win they don't deserve to be thrown to one side, especially as that wasn't the rules when they started.

The badges that people display, beyond 3rd or 4th aren't worth the same as 1st or 2nd. This doesn't mean they are 'worthless' as in worth nothing. They are indeed worth less, have less worth. However, someone sticking around for 12th or 15th badge can still have some fun, probably by spending more time and a lot less money.

It's commendable that your alliance didn't stick around to prevent others gaining the fortress, that doesn't mean others have to follow your lead!

• what can you achieve or win after taking the fortress? maybe a rank increase.
    if they are stupid enough to throw cash at a game then so be it, then to hang around when they have nothing else to gain apart from pushing players around who did not waste their money on renting game options.
    If it was king of the hill then you would continue to achieve awards the longer you spent in the area / zone.
    I posted here to make a suggestion and give feedback.
    what you are saying is unless i spend money on the game and have a few alts i should expect never to get to the centre.
    when the game first came out if you had an alt account all your accounts would be deleted and you would be banned.
  • gamerdruid
    3827 posts Moderator
    I don't make the rules of the game or work for those that do. I am a player like you with no special access to the game mechanics or rules. I've spent hundreds of pounds on the game, because when I do I enjoy the game, make 'good' friends that will support me online in-game (and occasionally off-line irl).

Is the game perfect? No. Is it a perfect example of 'King of the Hill'? No. It is what it is, a game than can be played successfully for free, very successfully for hundreds/thousands of pounds/Dollars/Euros but most of all, it is a game!
  • I see from chat players on 43 are complaining about bullying from people having finished the game and they plan to post in chat on the forum once they get a group of alliance leaders to post asking to sort out the game.
    i spend my cash on luxury cars not TA funds. I may not have a lev 65 base but I do have air conditioned seats in my V8 :smiley:
    I did spend £15 for extra repair and CP to take out the fortress on 34.
    I cannot justify paying hundreds of pounds on something I do not own. read t's& c's on game.
  • saying that I have just paid £12 buying red alert remastered and am having fun replaying a game i played 20 years ago
  • tokenting
    38 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Either:
    1) Fight them
    2) join their wings
    3) Wait for them to get bored and then take over the server

Just by reading your suggestion I am assuming you have no chance of doing (1) so do either do (2) or (3)

I don't understand why you guys just don't do number 2, if all of your alliance joins that wing then you are in a better position, you just dropped one lame alliance name for another, you can even shoot the ones that are not part of your alliance later, you will have the majority control and the center, then change your alliance name back to whatever the crap it was before.

• ....this...dead horse....again....