EA Forums - Banner

New Landing Page with strange behavior

Prev1
iguanaworld
463 posts Member
edited December 2020
I've been observing strange behavior on the new game page (from EA) for several days.

I access it when I am not yet authenticated and it loads me like this:

https://prnt.sc/w3xj7e

"Login" (center) is different from "Start game" (Up right)

After entering the correct username and password, the following page is displayed:

https://prnt.sc/w3xl6l

I see the same information even though the user is already loaded. I think the button in the middle should be "Play now"

Sometimes this other screen appears:

https://prnt.sc/w41dr0

Now the "Play now" and "change world" button does appear in the center, but if you look at the detail, the central "Play now" button is disabled and you cannot click on it.

Edited: I have tried to reload the page several times when I am already authenticated to see if the other page view comes out but it always loads the same, with the button disabled.

Note: I don't know if it will be with the language in Spanish only and Chrome (ultimate version)
Always testing something

Replies

• Same problem, no joy clearing history any ideas?
  • gamerdruid
    3982 posts Moderator
    It is a known problem that EA (not the developers of the game) are responsible for solving.

In the meantime try using direct links to the world you wish to enter.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • EE_Elephterion
    1707 posts Envision Developer
    edited December 2020
    We alerted the web team to take a look at the landing page of the game.
    What link did you access the game by? This seems to direct to the product page from EA.
    The games landing page loads fine for me here: https://www.ea.com/games/command-and-conquer/command-and-conquer-tiberium-alliances?setLocale=en-us
    Post edited by EE_Elephterion on
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • gamerdruid
    3982 posts Moderator
    For those having a problem from the UK, you change the en-gb in the address bar to de-de you will get the standard page in German. Use something like Google translate add-on to change the page to English and the play button works for me.
  • @EE_Elephterion @gamerdruid that is the link I use in Firefox and also for Chrome. Even if i copy the landing page form Firefox to Chrome, Chrome converts it and takes me to the Latin / German page. Also when I sign in with Firefox the page just keeps refreshing and I have to press the sign in button a few times to access the game.
  • gamerdruid
    3982 posts Moderator
    edited December 2020
    The best way to get in is to use a direct link - the only thing a direct link to a world stops you doing is start a new world. Within the game you can switch worlds so even if you don't have a link to the world you wish to play, you should be able to get in.

Unfortunately all we can do is list what works for us. The issue is the responsibility of the webteam at EA in the US who will likely be asleep for a few more hours.

Here is a link to the PTE - you should be able to log into the PTE directly then once you're in, switch to your desired world: https://cncapp06.alliances.commandandconquer.com/320/index.aspx
    Post edited by gamerdruid on
  • EE_Elephterion
    1707 posts Envision Developer
    edited December 2020
    geza25973 wrote: »
    @EE_Elephterion @gamerdruid that is the link I use in Firefox and also for Chrome. Even if i copy the landing page form Firefox to Chrome, Chrome converts it and takes me to the Latin / German page. Also when I sign in with Firefox the page just keeps refreshing and I have to press the sign in button a few times to access the game.

I'd like to know what language profile your browser is set to. We noticed that users get redirected to the dummy page when the region preference of the website is set to a region no longer supported by the website, like en-gb for example, as there is now only en-us offered for english speaking users.
    I want to rule out that browser settings interfere here, thats why I ask.

The region settings for the landing page are found at the bottom:
    drvyn76uyakk.png
  • The landing page is set as United States in Firefox and logs me in - however after I login I have to press the sign in button a few times to allow me access to my worlds. However if I use the landing site from my Chrome bookmark (which has always worked) google search or copy and paste the link from Firefox bookmark it takes me to the dummy / latin page.
  • can some one please help
    new web site same old crap can not login to tiberium alliances in chrome or edge
    also been told no more tiberium alliances ??

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/command-and-conquer/command-and-conquer-tiberium-alliances

just pictures of other games no login or play button for tiberium alliances not able to select or change worlds

history cleaned cache cleaned still same image with no help from support

via phone or chat ??
  • Polux37
    22 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Perhaps this will help
    //// - link removed as a merged threads ///

You can always log throuth direct word link and then use Option>My Game to change server
  • Hi,
    I am only getting home page...It has been happening alot that I have to open new tab several times to get TA login...Now it is only showing home page only?Is TA down? to broch
  • + same here
  • Just so you know, I am on Firestorm 7
  • I've merged the topics, please keep the discussion together :)
  • looks like it has just been fixed
  • It comes and goes - on one browser it's fixed (Chrome) and on Iron it's still broken. Firefox, Opera, Edge may all behave differently.
  • Not fixed for me in Chrome. :-(
    Always testing something
  • geza25973
    57 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Still have to press sign in a few times to login to the actual game it's self. Also when you add TA funds it asks you to login again! and sometimes errors. Have to either sign in / out or refresh the funds page a few times for it to work! What's going on? It is not fixed for Chrome - this happens on all browsers. @EE_Elephterion @gamerdruid
  • gamerdruid
    3982 posts Moderator
    It varies - most of the time it works for me in Chrome.

It is EA that are supposed to be fixing this - we're just waiting, waiting, waiting.....