EA Forums - Banner

FLASH PLAYER

Ok Flash was needed when you ran Coopt
BUT FLASH NO LONGER WORKS
Adobe said they had told Games user 3 Years ago it was going to be Dropped
and they had that time to develop a In house work around
But DID EA do any thing about it
NO

So how do we now use COOPT option when we want to look at a base layout. Eith for Attacking or looking for a New Base layout

Replies

• gamerdruid
    3960 posts Moderator
    Exactly why would EA or Envision do anything? It's not a part of the game, they didn't write the flash routine and don't actively support additions to the game via Flash or scripts.

There are other programs /scripts out there that do the same thing too so it isn't unique.

I agree, it would have been nice to have such functions built into the game but that is true for many other scripts too.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Mine still works 🤡
  • Polux37
    21 posts Member
    edited January 20
    Mine too. There is a simple trick with system date, that’s allows to run any flash page :)

@gamerdruid
    You are correct only in one thing. It's a third party solution so no support from EA or Envision.
    However there are no working alternatives at the moment. I meant fully working, of course you have some partially working sites/plugins but in that case partially is unusable. So the flash version is the only one that worked property.

So we need independent develpopers. I hope that this will be solved soon.
    https://github.com/zbluebugz/CnC-TA-Opt/issues/21
  • gamerdruid
    3960 posts Moderator
    That is one of the alternatives I was referring to. I note the conversation about level 80 and would point out that not all new worlds will have the enhanced level 80 limit.
  • Polux37
    21 posts Member
    edited January 20
    I could not call it alternative when it doesn’t work in all cases. CnC-TA-Opt doesn’t work also on words with old economy. So it's most certain not universal, then it's basically unusable. Just as I write before, no alternatives at the moment just partial solutions.
  • @Polux37 Can you post link to a world with old economy, please. Tks.
  • gamerdruid
    3960 posts Moderator
    Unless you have an account on a world with the old economy you won't be able to log in. All of the old economy worlds are closed. Posting a link wouldn't help.
  • Simple trick with system date??? Sorry not heard of that one, I haven't changed anything mine just works 🤡
  • gamerdruid wrote: »
    Unless you have an account on a world with the old economy you won't be able to log in. All of the old economy worlds are closed. Posting a link wouldn't help.

Ok. I'll leave out the old economy stuff in the cnctaopt.com for now. If I need the data, I'll use the old cncopt.com site (is it still accurate for old economy worlds?).
  • From what I gather there are some thid party alternatives sprung up in the meantime. Rust is a standalone Flash-emulator. There are other alternatives, such as Ruffle etc. so if the original developers of the tool want to maintain the it, I'm sure they can port it over.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • i think if u use a old old cnc opt script in the old world .it could work
  • When you click on another players base you get a drop down menu and one of the options is VIEW BASE this requires flash player
    Now is this Option VIEW BASE part of main program or a 3rd party
    If part of CnC program surely the Devs can sort the problem out. If 3rd Party then is a knackered option
  • mmm strange i don't get a "View Base" button i only get these 3 views as per attachments depending if it is a forgotten layout a player from an other alliance or a player from same alliance

https://prnt.sc/xpy4cf Forgotten base

https://prnt.sc/xpy4yf Player from a different alliance

https://prnt.sc/xpy5n7 Player from same alliance

Clown 🤡
  • gamerdruid
    3960 posts Moderator
    edited January 27
    VISIT base is part of the CnC:TA main code and was introduced into the game via a patch quite some time ago and does not require Flash player or other code. This allows you to visit the base of a member of your alliance only, even if they are not close to you. The CnC:Opt system would also allow viewing of enemy or forgotten bases.
  • nefrontheone
    764 posts Member
    edited January 27
    I think @gamerdruid has already explained it in several forum threads but I will try to bring everything said in them here.

- Adobe Flash Player is an external product to the game
    - Has been abandoned by its creators
    - If you had it installed, it continues to work by activating the corresponding options in your browser
    - It has become a serious security hole for the systems in which it is still being used, the manufacturer itself advises its uninstallation
    - CnCOpt is an external product to the game
    - Use Flash Player to function properly
    - There are some attempts to create a similar tool that does not use Flash Player but it is not as advanced as the original

@EE_elephterion has commented that there are some Flash Player emulators in development.
    - These emulators are external to the game itself
    - The level of integration with the scripts is not clear
    - There is no guarantee of reliability and safety on them
    - Envision is not, in any case, responsible for the use of them; this information should be taken only as information for external developers
    Not a part of EA / Envision teams - My comments are only mine.
  • Polux37
    21 posts Member
    edited February 3
    CnC-TA-Opt have now ability to work on lvl 80 buildings and units and some new features.