EA Forums - Banner

Sector relocation question

Prev1
methuselah
424 posts Senior Moderator
I know if you relocate numerous times in a certain period of time it leads to longer cool downs does anyone know if all your bases get destroyed inside one of those cool down periods does that change anything?

Or is the cool down still in place?

Replies

• chadthurston
    115 posts Member
    edited January 20
    delete
    Post edited by chadthurston on
  • chadthurston
    115 posts Member
    edited January 20
    delete
  • methuselah
    edited January 19
    You die a lot chad? ;)

Thanks for the info I wasn't sure. For some reason I thought a total elimination of all bases MIGHT reset things.
  • chadthurston
    115 posts Member
    edited January 20
    delete
  • chadthurston
    115 posts Member
    edited January 20
    delete
  • methuselah
    One thing I will give you credit for, you have never been boring.
  • chadthurston
    115 posts Member
    edited January 20
    delete
  • chadthurston
    115 posts Member
    edited January 20
    delete
  • methuselah
    I totally agree with you however the game has evolved over time from it's glory days in the beginning (I do not need to tell you this, you are aware) where PvP was a HUGE part of the game to where it is today, meaning kind of a Tiberium version of Farmville. No one on the current dev team had anything to do with that, no criticism intended, that is just an observation from a 3,654 day player (as of today.)
  • chadthurston
    115 posts Member
    edited January 20
    delete
  • methuselah
    You are right, I did pick up the wrong number. My days in CB 1 are 3,322, I joined day 1. Server day count wise someone might have me by a single day as it is possible if that was a European server if I joined late in the day it could be considered server day 2.

If that was a U.S. server that reflects back to day 1 though, that's a long time.......
  • chadthurston
    115 posts Member
    edited January 20
    delete
  • methuselah
    That makes sense, 9 years is a long time but I feel like my invite came at the launch but I'm old my memory is sketchy at best :p
  • chadthurston
    115 posts Member
    edited January 20
    delete
  • methuselah wrote: »
    I know if you relocate numerous times in a certain period of time it leads to longer cool downs does anyone know if all your bases get destroyed inside one of those cool down periods does that change anything?

Or is the cool down still in place?

Having all your bases destroyed used to reset the sector timer, but that was before the code was overhauled recently. I haven't witnessed the new code under this scenario, but I would not expect it to reset.

• chadthurston
    115 posts Member
    edited January 22
    delete
  • methuselah
    Soixie wrote: »
    Having all your bases destroyed used to reset the sector timer, but that was before the code was overhauled recently. I haven't witnessed the new code under this scenario, but I would not expect it to reset.

tbh, I think that is how it should be. There should be a punishment (bad word choice here) for a total death, the system should not reward that. Yes I understand bullying occurs but you can't engineer the entire PvP structure with that in mind.

• chadthurston
    115 posts Member
    edited January 27
    delete
  • gamerdruid
    3875 posts Moderator
    Unfortunately in the real world bullies exist. In-game bullying is difficult to spot as persistent killing of a player could be bullying or could be the result of the player continually moving into an area to be killed. My comments here don't include cases where there is a war between two alliances but are about one on one bullying.

Wars between alliances make bullying an even more difficult thing to spot or deal with when it can be a big alliance 'controlling the centre' or targeting of an individual (or small group) by an alliance.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • chadthurston
    115 posts Member
    edited January 27
    delete