EA Forums - Banner

Attacking Own Alliance member or Allies alliance ?

Is it possible to attack (remove) base (-s) of own alliance and/or Allies alliance ?

Replies

• EE_Elephterion
    1681 posts Envision Developer
    Hello commander,

no, it is not possible to attack players who are in the same alliance as you, or players in an alliance that is in a Non-Agression Pact with your alliance.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • When I started playing years ago you could attack anyone at anytime, including your own alliance. It sure made compliance with command a lot easier. And there was an interesting dynamic that created a real paranoia about spies... if you got a spy into your enemmy's alliance, you could position it in range of the best POIs and then the spy switches back to your side and attacks from within. That was a lot of fun.
  • Used to be I could kill another player in my own alliance. I think that rule should be reinstated. Can we vote on it?
  • gamerdruid
    3948 posts Moderator
    Why would you wish to kill another player in your alliance? Powers exist for the CiC and officers to deal with recalcitrant players who don't obey alliance orders or don't log on.

Voting here is unlikely to change anything and past polls have have very few responses so couldn't be taken as representative of the general feeling in the game.

If you have a problem with a player, get the CiC or other officer to deal with it.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • chadthurston
    129 posts Member
    edited March 16
    delete
    Post edited by chadthurston on
  • gamerdruid
    3948 posts Moderator
    Poetic, yes - but only one of the 'reasons' seem even sensible to me, when the CiC and SiC have deserted the alliance/world by not logging on for weeks.

The others should be dealt with by the officers - kick the 'naughty' players out, they'd soon learn to tow the line and behave.

I agree however it would be great if some sort of mechanism could be developed to deal with absent leaders - maybe officers could self-promote after all SiC's and CiC's have been absent for 3 months. If veterans could self-promote after all officers, SiC's and CiC's have been absent for 9 months.

Although with rules like this it is possible that SiC's, CiC's could avoid this fate by not having officers or veterans.
  • chadthurston
    129 posts Member
    edited March 16
    delete
  • gamerdruid
    3948 posts Moderator
    Agreed, but it's not 'fun' when you're killed!
  • chadthurston
    129 posts Member
    edited March 16
    delete
  • It would be nice to have that ability back again. Attack from within hehehe. Spying is a tactic and if played right can be devastating even against the biggest enemy. I think it was removed due to the RP farming etc. Put it back in and it adds another layer to tactics and game play.
  • gamerdruid
    3948 posts Moderator
    edited March 16
    I certainly remember it being removed, at least partly, due to rp farming. There may have been other reasons too and they may still apply.

Apart from it being 'fun' (at least for some) the ability isn't crucial to the game. Managing absent CiC's and SiC's could do with being addressed and this would be one solution. Maybe make it that you can only attack the officers :cold_sweat: !!
  • Soixie
    549 posts Member
    gamerdruid wrote: »
    I certainly remember it being removed, at least partly, due to rp farming. There may have been other reasons too and they may still apply.

People were also locking strategic locations (POI/Shield) with crap alt accounts through the 24hr crater rule.

• That is known as 'the good old days'.. in the pre-new economy era/