EA Forums - Banner

Reservation Base Marker Bug.

Hi @gamerdruid there is a bug in the base reservation marker - it will not save the message when edited. It reverts back to the default text.

Replies

• mogsy52
    23 posts Member
    edited March 11
    Editing reservation markers now does not work again. For normal members nothing happens at all, the edit does not hold.

If anyone with rights for alliance markers edits their own reservation marker it changes to an alliance marker

Only tried on tib49
  • gamerdruid
    3948 posts Moderator
    edited March 12
    They made some changes to markers for this patch. They should now appear in the set language of the person reading it, not the language of the person setting the marker.
    I've passed on this report to the developers.
    EDIT:
    It seems there is a bug. Layout markers should not now be editable, not even by officers and above. The behaviour has now been replicated on the PTE many times by me and others. The easy answer is don't edit layout markers. Either remove them or leave them alone until a fix comes out, probably in the next patch.
    Post edited by gamerdruid on
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Hello Commanders,

thanks for letting us know. Layout markers are indeed not supposed to be editable anymore. Looks like some CiC privilege still makes it doable. If you want to place strategic markers, make sure you use the alliance window.
    For now we can only advise you to avoid editing Layout reservations until we can fix it in the next patch.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • Hi - does this apply to all markers? Or can your base reservation marker for your new base layout, still be able to be edited?
  • gamerdruid
    3948 posts Moderator
    Officer and above can change and edit all markers except Layout Reservation markers.

No reservation markers should be editable, however Officers and above have found they can edit their Layout markers, but with the marker changing type. This is not intentional, they should only be able to delete the layout reservation markers.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Hello Commanders,

thanks for letting us know. Layout markers are indeed not supposed to be editable anymore. Looks like some CiC privilege still makes it doable. If you want to place strategic markers, make sure you use the alliance window.
    For now we can only advise you to avoid editing Layout reservations until we can fix it in the next patch.

But editing layout markers was very useful. It's a shame to lose that feature. Nothing worse than a load of markers all over the place and players do not know when the layout will be needed. Editing is useful for changing a due date in the marker. Of course the same can be done by just deleting the marker and replacing it with updated information in the text but much easier to just edit.