EA Forums - Banner

Strange characters on buttons and menus

After the last patch, I have strange characters on buttons and menus. I have TA on Dutch, but if I set it to English I don't have it. I suspect it has something to do with translation. Can this be fixed see screenshot.

https://i.ibb.co/dWBWcrN/dutch.png

Replies

• gamerdruid
    4139 posts Moderator
    edited March 15
    You're correct - the tfn: is a reference to the translated text. If it isn't in your target language it should be in English.

Which world is this on (or is it all worlds)?
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • EE_Elephterion
    1764 posts Envision Developer
    Hello Commander,

we are trying to fix this sooner rather than later! It would be good to know on which world you are seeing this?

If other players encounter this with their local language settings, please inform us here.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • EE_Elephterion
    We have now confirmed that there are several language profiles showing these errors, so we are working on a hotfix for this that we hope to get ready asap.
  • Sorry for the late response, but was very busy and barely showed up.

But it is bothering me in all the worlds where I play at the moment
    Tiberium 43
    Tiberium 45
    Wrath 27
  • gamerdruid
    4139 posts Moderator
    It is going to happen on all worlds as they share the same code, it also happens on the PTE
  • > @EE_Elephterion said:
    > We have now confirmed that there are several language profiles showing these errors, so we are working on a hotfix for this that we hope to get ready asap.

2 months ago you determined this and there would be a hotfix, do you think you will get this fixed before I retire. Do you still take the players of EA games seriously? In any case, I no longer take EA seriously, and when my worlds are ready, I am done with EA too.
  • gamerdruid
    4139 posts Moderator
    edited May 16
    Which particular language profiles show the problem? If you're reported a problem it is normal to give details of which world and exactly when the issue happens. Also, a picture is better than a description.
  • I have passed that on before, it concerns the following worlds that I am active on.
    Tiberium 43
    Tiberium 45
    Wrath 27

Here's a screenshot with what I mean circled in red.
    https://ibb.co/4djvX4k
  • EE_Elephterion
    TheBraak wrote: »
    I have passed that on before, it concerns the following worlds that I am active on.
    Tiberium 43
    Tiberium 45
    Wrath 27

Here's a screenshot with what I mean circled in red.
    https://ibb.co/4djvX4k

Well, that hotfix turned into 21.2, which releases much sooner than usual, after just 2 months. The worlds you listed are being patched on May 18th, as per the announcement. That should take care of the strange letters. Sorry for the delay. :)
  • Oke thnx