EA Forums - Banner

CREDITS and POWER

Right the game has got more CREDIT and POWER Intense Then it was when I started to play over 10 years ago
To progress we have to produce more Power and Credits for upgrading on our bases
Now to do this a number of ways can be used, most rely on POI Bonus or Base,Camp, and out post kills, plus bonus crates that camps and Ops give out.

No is it my imagination or as each new server comes on line the Bases, Out Posts, and Camps seem to give LESS than say 2 servers back. This continue SLOW DRIP of Rewards/Resources seems to be a way of getting us to spend more. And slows the game down

Can some one in the know PLEASE correct me if I am wrong.
All I now its just seems harder to get the Credits/Power as we start every new server
Or as I said is it my Imagination. But the cost of upgrading seems to get higher and harder.

Replies

• your not wrong i spent probab;;y 40 pounds out of sheer frustration but never again the system is broken now i do what i should of done from the start just attack everything
  • haha worst part is they took the team work out of the game with loot sharing. Now teaming a base is the worst thing you could do for your account in a team game LOL Bring this back and increase the resources in camps and outposts and watch other alliances rise to power and the same two alliances stop winning every world. True balance.....
  • chadthurston
    161 posts Member
    edited July 27
    delete
    Post edited by chadthurston on
  • death2klown
    7 posts New member
    lol whats 15%. Here let me loan you one attack. Can only give you one though in this team playing game.
  • SO Far NO ONE has answered the Question of the original statement
    Is there a decrease in Rewards of Credits from Camps,Outposts and Bases, as new Worlds come on line to what there use to be
  • chadthurston
    161 posts Member
    edited July 27
    delete
  • chadthurston
    161 posts Member
    edited July 27
    delete
  • death2klown
    7 posts New member
    My point exactly one run and you can only collect the resources of the amount of defense you have killed. Even when hitting buildings.
  • chadthurston
    161 posts Member
    edited July 27
    delete
  • Soixie
    570 posts Member
    The game is designed for players to kill their opponents within 2 or 3 shots max. Where in the case of camps and outposts, this is farming and if for enemy or forgotten if you are struggling, then raise your offense. Using multiple accounts to PVP or take out forgotten 5, 10 or even 15+ levels has no purpose than for position, POI or center digging.

Using multiple accounts to circumvent the power/defense curve (killing a level 45 with 5x level 25s accounts) has been determined to be an abusive use of the game code, a loophole if you will. Said loophole was not only being abused by players, but became so common that players thought it was "normal team game play". The activity was illegal from day one as it promoted players to open 5, 10 or even 50+ alt accounts on new servers and "walk center".

The real problem was the developers fault. The game engine allows for a level disparity with no recourse. Both POI and levels are essentially meaningless as, given enough attacks, anyone within 15 levels can successfully kill their opponent. Instead of fixing the defense/offense problem, the developers created extensive code to close the loophole.
  • methuselah
    436 posts Senior Moderator
    haha worst part is they took the team work out of the game with loot sharing. Now teaming a base is the worst thing you could do for your account in a team game LOL Bring this back and increase the resources in camps and outposts and watch other alliances rise to power and the same two alliances stop winning every world. True balance.....

This is, in part, the story of Tiberium Alliances. Take something that is being exploited by a few, 'fix it' and then enjoy the unintended consequences for many. What Soxie says about the original design rings true for me but there are many circumstances early in a server when you are truly acting as a team (not multi accounting) and a lovely part of the game gets nullified.

Just like PvP back in the days. A few were exploiting some loot transfer loopholes so the loot was mostly removed which removed much of the joy of PvP'ing. Please don't misinterpret my observations as complaints, they aren't. I'm now at 3,485 days in Closed Beta 1 and I still log in every day, how horrible could my experience have been with that being the case?

Nevertheless, there have been some wrong turns in my humble opinion.