EA Forums - Banner

FIX Firestorm 15

Replies

• So at the end you can see issues but EA won't do anything because is too much to do =)

WE LOVE EA! <3
  • gamerdruid
    4213 posts Moderator
    Still no-one answered the question - What can they do that doesn't benefit those not harmed? There are technical limitations that mean they can't identify 'sufferers' or compensate just those.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • EE_Elephterion
    1796 posts Envision Developer
    We are currently investigating the reason why some players are reporting that they did not receive a warning about their shield bubble deactivating when moving into range of high-level bases.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • chadthurston
    169 posts Member
    edited July 27
    delete
    Post edited by chadthurston on
  • gamerdruid
    4213 posts Moderator
    At least one player got a warning - look near the start of this thread.
  • chadthurston
    169 posts Member
    edited July 27
    delete
  • chadthurston
    169 posts Member
    edited July 27
    delete
  • gamerdruid
    4213 posts Moderator
    A world reset would lose all progress, all resources and that would include those that spent TA funds to increase repair time and cp limits. They would be very unhappy. There is no technical way setup to refund them TA funds spent.

Whilst nothing is 'technically impossible' it's not going to happen. If they were going to reset it would be done by now.

The top alliances (2 out of top 5) seem to be able to progress perfectly OK with the current map not hindering progress. 3 out of top 5 are in the NE and the other 2 are in a normally distributed sector.

Good players will adapt!
  • Kucharson
    12 posts Member
    edited July 6
    gamerdruid wrote: »
    A world reset would lose all progress, all resources and that would include those that spent TA funds to increase repair time and cp limits. They would be very unhappy. There is no technical way setup to refund them TA funds spent.

Whilst nothing is 'technically impossible' it's not going to happen. If they were going to reset it would be done by now.

The top alliances (2 out of top 5) seem to be able to progress perfectly OK with the current map not hindering progress. 3 out of top 5 are in the NE and the other 2 are in a normally distributed sector.

Good players will adapt!

Of course, there is an option to reset and refund spent TA Funds. EA did it already on last WCS where you was able to buy repair times. The server has been reset and all funds have been refunded. This is only showing you have no idea what you talking about =)

This is also funny you still looking for an excuse. Let's put it straight. The server is BUGGED on every possible side.
    - Map Generated Wrong
    - Bubble losing
    - GDI can join NOD alliance

The announcement was about the NOD vs GDI server. After the server started, what has been done to repair it? NOTHING!
    The only 1 thing that you changed is the announcement.

I personally feel cheated cause I enter server in faith to play different style, spend funds for limits. Afterwards, you just stepped back changed the announcement and everything is fine? No think so.

All that just showing respect to players you got.
  • Polux37
    39 posts Member
    edited July 6
    Perhaps there is only one problem with the center, but that’s creating cascade of other errors. So time for another problem.
    On sectors with bases 22, bubble drops without a warning after first move, that was established first day. However in sectors N,W,S,E bubble don’t drop despite the warning. You can go through distance 275, have a warning then move and still keep your bubble. Eventually it drops but in different sectors the distance is different. Some players have 230 and a bubble in the E sector, on the opposite sector W 250-265 and loosing bubbles, but still not being in 20+ area. It’s a random value even in range on one sector, not spherical dependencies or pattern and every jump is a risk, basically there are no rules when the bubble drops, that shouldn’t be happening. The rules must be clear. The system should be giving clear info not misinforming. It’s another consequence of shifted center, or badly generated map. Adding to my previous post, when you see word map in ring 46+ there are no 46 base, they are in ring 41+ sector W, and perhaps that’s why that much difference in distance when bubble drops on those two sectors I mentioned . It's not about adapting it's about having clear rules.
    Changing the announcement of the server didn’t resolve any problems. It’s a defeat, and surely it is not an answer for reported bugs. Restarting the server seems fair, disabling forgotten attacks for few days would be a half measure not so fair but still some kind of anticipated reaction, however it's to late for that. Compensation are usually crafts or limits, and that’s kind of ok if you get them only on one server.
    Post edited by Polux37 on
  • 123wellz
    28 posts Member
    Well that's 2 servers in a row I'm glad I didn't get started with.......T51 had major issues but this stuff Im reading about F15 is ridiculous!!
  • gamerdruid
    4213 posts Moderator
    @Polux37 Thank you for your detailed analysis of what is happening. I've drawn your posting to the attention of the developers.

I agree, clear rules and no misleading information in-game about when bubbles will and won't drop would certainly be good and is what is expected. If they had said at the outset the bubbles will drop at various times in various locations without warnings on a move, then that would be clear. That isn't the case on FS15 from the start.
  • EE_Elephterion
    1796 posts Envision Developer
    Polux37 wrote: »
    Perhaps there is only one problem with the center, but that’s creating cascade of other errors. So time for another problem.
    On sectors with bases 22, bubble drops without a warning after first move, that was established first day. However in sectors N,W,S,E bubble don’t drop despite the warning. You can go through distance 275, have a warning then move and still keep your bubble. Eventually it drops but in different sectors the distance is different. Some players have 230 and a bubble in the E sector, on the opposite sector W 250-265 and loosing bubbles, but still not being in 20+ area. It’s a random value even in range on one sector, not spherical dependencies or pattern and every jump is a risk, basically there are no rules when the bubble drops, that shouldn’t be happening. The rules must be clear. The system should be giving clear info not misinforming. It’s another consequence of shifted center, or badly generated map. Adding to my previous post, when you see word map in ring 46+ there are no 46 base, they are in ring 41+ sector W, and perhaps that’s why that much difference in distance when bubble drops on those two sectors I mentioned . It's not about adapting it's about having clear rules.
    Changing the announcement of the server didn’t resolve any problems. It’s a defeat, and surely it is not an answer for reported bugs. Restarting the server seems fair, disabling forgotten attacks for few days would be a half measure not so fair but still some kind of anticipated reaction, however it's to late for that. Compensation are usually crafts or limits, and that’s kind of ok if you get them only on one server.

Thanks you Commander for the insight, we are looking to resolve this soon.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • How can you change a map without killing any alliance here ?

Some alliances were able to move fast to center with bubble during 4 days, took lot more POIs but had lower level POIs and less ressources from bases (but easier to kill and without being killed by forgotten)
    Some alliance are stuck close to border because of high level bases and no shield and POIs hard to take and will be late to center, but they had in return higher POis and higher ressources from bases

it's too late to change anything ?
  • we immediately said that there were problems, now do you change after a week?
    but what do you change ???? We spent a lot of ​​RT cp to dig 23+ bases from the start, only in us sector no warning when bubble drop..... now we have a big advantage because we took a Tib Poi 26 and you change with the game in progress? Are you kidding I hope, I am the CIC of the world's first alliance and now we have to assist you benefit others? Do you think it is correct?
    Where were you all last weekend?
    You can't change anything now!
  • You didn't agree with us right away now you can't change anything!
  • ONLY SOLUTION IS RESPAWN ALL BASIS AND MOVE ALL AT SAME DISTANCE FROM CENTER !!!!
  • I think this world started so wrong that is all unfair right from the start. Some players in sector close to the center because they were killing lvl 13-14 bases and other struggling with low offensive killing 20-22 bases and without a bubble warm to move forward. Its a big mess and I think we need to balance everyone fairly so this can be addressed equally. I don't understand how TA make this big mess.
  • @EE_Elephterion and @gamerdruid you guys need to address this complain with TA developers. The teams that started on the low level bases are way closer to the center because they were killing lvl 13-14 bases and we started with bubble drop (even without a warning) on bases lvl 19-20 and adding defense right away in order to start moving forward. We have been struggling to advance because with low level offensive we are killing higher bases and that is unfair. On the other hand the alliances that are on lvl 13-14 bases are advancing way faster and are closer to the center because they are killing low lvl bases with lower offensive and their bubble didn't drop until they got closer to lvl 18-19 bases. So there is a big problem going on here and is very unfair for the team that started on sectors with lvl 19-20 bases. I hope you understand well the problem and fix it accordingly. Because this is not a fair game at all.
  • Would really expect this problems to be addressed in a way to either favour everyone in an even and fair way, specially because money was spent on this server hope EA will pay attention to this and not lose customers/clients because this is what this game is.