Replies

• chadthurston
    167 posts Member
    edited July 27
    delete
    Post edited by chadthurston on
  • ao7yw58r1dz5.jpg

Strange , follow the green arrows .
    I moved one base with shield away from the poi and moved another one with shield next 2 the poi and he lost hes shield , HOW ??? They only switch places.

Also the 3 other Acc's that lost shield at day 1, what ur gonne do about that ???
    Thats 7 days shield you stole from me .
  • gamerdruid
    4210 posts Moderator
    Which sector are you in?
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Come on @gamerdruid this have been done to everyone on Sectors that had bases lv20+ happened to me and everyone in SE sector, for a single example, with a simple math, those are the numbers that are now frustrated with this changes that have been applied.
    Moreover, personally for me regreting to spend £ money with a game that clearly dont care much about its players.
    Its very unfortunate what is happening.
  • Because of this so many players already left the server. Players dropping and leaving the world after the big mess EA and the TA developer created and he is saying this is good for the ones that started with big disadvantage of higher bases and bubble drop from day 1. Thanks @EE_Elephterion You made it all clear to us that you guys don't care at all to make it a fair game for everyone.
  • @EA_Blueberry , @EA_Roger, @EA_David .... just a FYI as this is really unacceptable mainly when is dealing with players money and EA need to be aware of this ongoing issue with CNCTA servers being released without proper validation from end user nor developed by people that doesn't play the game, therefore don't know how it properly works.
    Thanks
  • xxsly
    56 posts Member
    I've said it in the other thread but to repeat:
    What we can offer are a compensation in Repair-time and CP, but this would be given out at all players of the world. I'm not sure if this is to everybody's satisfaction.
    We understand the trading of POIs like this is upsetting. But the resources gained and invested until the change are still a benefit to the respective alliances.

The way I see it there has been a role-reversal. However, the alliance that got closer to the Fortress earlier also has a lot tougher enemies to confront now, while the players with the stronger enemies at the start have benefited from higher loot and could grow more compared to others AND now have weaker enemies ahead of them as compared to before. The time and resources invested are not lost by any means.

There really is no compensation that can be given. Any further attempts at balancing the world or compensating players will only ruin the balance even further.

Modifications to the the base distribution was unnecessary.
  • gamerdruid wrote: »
    Which sector are you in?

Euh me ???

West , but 3 acc's came from another sector and lost shield the first day when my level was 7 i moved away from those big forgotten bases ans lost shields.
    Got 8 funded acc's in this world .
  • xxsly
    56 posts Member
    edited July 9
    What we can offer are a compensation in Repair-time and CP, but this would be given out at all players of the world. I'm not sure if this is to everybody's satisfaction.
    We understand the trading of POIs like this is upsetting. But the resources gained and invested until the change are still a benefit to the respective alliances.

The way I see it there has been a role-reversal. However, the alliance that got closer to the Fortress earlier also has a lot tougher enemies to confront now, while the players with the stronger enemies at the start have benefited from higher loot and could grow more compared to others AND now have weaker enemies ahead of them as compared to before. The time and resources invested are not lost by any means.

This is the equivalent of a game studio hiring two developers who both share equal skills in front end and back end development. They're given a choice, do you want to work on front end or back end; they both choose their respective areas to work in.

For the first week, they both work away until the manager sees what the front end developer does and thinks its much more difficult than what the backend developer does because he doesn't understand what's happening.

So instead of engaging with either of them, he goes back to his computer and types out a memo announcing he will be reducing the back end developer's pay by 80% and raising the front end developer's pay by 80% to account for the perceived difficulty of the work.

The game is not about complete fairness. It's about equal opportunity. Players went into the world knowing that the base and poi distribution was going to be different and could strategies accordingly. Like the developers, we chose our sectors to where we thought our strengths were. Anyone else could of done the same.

In regards to your comment abound the resources evening out, everyone in DT has killed approximately 2-3 lvl 28-29 bases accounting for around 6-9m tiberium. With the bonuses you have just handed to GON on a silver platter (134k/hr with 2 bases ~ 5m/day), they get the equivalent tiberium in two days with no effort what so ever. The only way to close the gap is for DT to kill ~150 bases in that time. Even then, there will still be a net difference of around 50k/hr. To say that it will even out is ridiculous. This is of course, excluding the compounding effect that getting that much tiberium will have. Anyone who has done basic finance will have an understanding of what will happen.
    Post edited by xxsly on
  • FIX by shutting down the world.
  • Dear EA, Why dont you accept your mess? You get lots of money from those players. Just once do something benefit for your players here. Actually our comments will change nothing becase you will choose the same useless solutions as you always do.
  • My issue here is the people unhappy now were beyond happy when they were deep with huge bonuses growing monster main bases. Now the server was evened out. Dont wish to play then server quit. But do not cry now that your advantage was taken away. we have all spent a week on the server spending funds way more then 1 premium pack. There is no way to fix this. finish the server. That simple.
  • My issue here is the people unhappy now were beyond happy when they were deep with huge bonuses growing monster main bases. Now the server was evened out. Dont wish to play then server quit. But do not cry now that your advantage was taken away. we have all spent a week on the server spending funds way more then 1 premium pack. There is no way to fix this. finish the server. That simple.

You don't even know what you're talking about, we dug 23 bases from day one while you were playing 12-13, then suddenly you found yourself 30 without even knowing why!
    How come you didn't complain about this right away?
    Was it okay for you to be under the bubbles?
    Now do you think you are superman with the bonuses given away while we were dying every day to conquer ours?
    What are you saying!

You don't even know what you're talking about, we dug 23 bases from day one while you were playing 12-13, then suddenly you found yourself 30 without even knowing why!
    How come you didn't complain about this right away?
    Was it okay for you to be under the bubbles?
    Now do you think you are superman with the bonuses given away while we were dying every day to conquer ours?
    What are you saying!

We didnt complain day 1. We took what was there and tried to make the best of it. Wile you grew a monster main. Trust me i do know exactly what im talking about here.
  • xxsly wrote: »

This is the equivalent of a game studio hiring two developers who both share equal skills in front end and back end development. They're given a choice, do you want to work on front end or back end; they both choose their respective areas to work in.

For the first week, they both work away until the manager sees what the front end developer does and thinks its much more difficult than what the backend developer does because he doesn't understand what's happening.

So instead of engaging with either of them, he goes back to his computer and types out a memo announcing he will be reducing the back end developer's pay by 80% and raising the front end developer's pay by 80% to account for the perceived difficulty of the work.

The game is not about complete fairness. It's about equal opportunity. Players went into the world knowing that the base and poi distribution was going to be different and could strategies accordingly. Like the developers, we chose our sectors to where we thought our strengths were. Anyone else could of done the same.

In regards to your comment abound the resources evening out, everyone in DT has killed approximately 2-3 lvl 28-29 bases accounting for around 6-9m tiberium. With the bonuses you have just handed to GON on a silver platter (134k/hr with 2 bases ~ 5m/day), they get the equivalent tiberium in two days with no effort what so ever. The only way to close the gap is for DT to kill ~150 bases in that time. Even then, there will still be a net difference of around 50k/hr. To say that it will even out is ridiculous. This is of course, excluding the compounding effect that getting that much tiberium will have. Anyone who has done basic finance will have an understanding of what will happen.

GON has to be able to hold those POis. with very little def due to little grouth the first week. Those bonuses are only good when alive.
  • GON had unfair advantage, that is fact
  • @BodyBags0000 we all know why you want to continue, you simply cannot believe your luck, but if the shoe was on the other foot then you would be crying like a baby! your team was mixed faction where as Dream Team was all GDI, they played by the rules and you abused the rules and now you are trying to take advantage! but then the only real way you could actually win a server is if it was only your team playing on it

HUHUHUHU

king of ULI
  • @BodyBags0000 we all know why you want to continue, you simply cannot believe your luck, but if the shoe was on the other foot then you would be crying like a baby! your team was mixed faction where as Dream Team was all GDI, they played by the rules and you abused the rules and now you are trying to take advantage! but then the only real way you could actually win a server is if it was only your team playing on it

HUHUHUHU

king of ULI

you said right and I'm glad that other alliances also know how things really went and recognize it!
  • It is so clear who has gained a lot from this situation and who has been destroyed. The problem is that only Envision and whoever received the gift does not recognize it. If a server crashes I can understand it, nobody benefits but that is not the case! And now wait other 3D for make a decison and ask us?
    Server is end now, in 3 D no sense make any decision!
    Want ear all opinion? Ok turn off the server until not decide!
    But I look like a Martian when I say common sense things!
  • Polux37
    39 posts Member
    edited July 10
    Discussion is intense. I’m aware that lots of emotions are involved. I thinks it’s good that developer reacts to detailed info about problems gathered by players and encourage to discussion. It’s an unique situation an there is no action that will satisfy everyone, no golden solution at this stage someone have to feel disappointed. Also server was not equal from the beginning.

To the changes then.
    POI level change was unexpected based on the announcement, it could be more clear. This changes a lot for the players. The reaction on base level was however anticipated.
    Now the highest POI on server is 44. Exactly 6 of them, previously there were 2 45 POI.
    The highest level of forgotten bases is 45 now. So no 46 and 47 on the other hand map shows ring 46+, so not as it is.
    There is still a shift towards W sector. Where we can see a lvl 45 base in ring 41+, although next to the center is also a 45 base. Not as it was before that the bases next to the center wasn’t the strongest on the map. You can finally apply that “The enemy’s strength is irregularly distributed.”
    The variance of levels will then steady increase towards the center again. That’s true with that exception of W sector, although more balanced for sure.

Patch version on server is 21.2.1 I assume temporary only on this server to distinguish fix method so it has nothing to do with next patch in preparation.