EA Forums - Banner

WCS 2021 - questions

Prev13
First of all - thank you for announcing it over a month ahead!

1. The server is announced as forgotten attacks, but no word about morale. Will it be non-morale?

2. Is there a solution for the holidays in December? 2 weeks after server start is a phase where we could see some PVP. In the main teams players play the game for many hours a day. Just cutting all ropes and sailing off for 3 days on a forgotten attacks world does not work. Even limited time spent ingame will have a serious effect on the accounts progress.

Without a solution for the holidays it will either ruin the server or Christmas for me. There are not enough hours in a day to have both ;-)

Replies

• WCS 2019

World Championship Prizes
    1st alliance to complete the Endgame receives:

100 € worth funds package
    A digital copy of an EA developed game of your choice
    Custom WCS 2019 Badge

2nd alliance to complete the Endgame receives:

50 € worth funds package
    Custom WCS 2019 Badge

3rd alliance to complete the Endgame receives:

30 € worth funds package
    Custom WCS 2019 Badge

Prizes are of course granted per alliance member.

18.10.2021 -> @EE_Elephterion
    We are currently working out the details on the rewards for this years WCS, as we want it to be something extra special. Once we got everything locked in we can share details.

3. so what is special about the rewards???
  • First of all - thank you for announcing it over a month ahead!

1. The server is announced as forgotten attacks, but no word about morale. Will it be non-morale?

2. Is there a solution for the holidays in December? 2 weeks after server start is a phase where we could see some PVP. In the main teams players play the game for many hours a day. Just cutting all ropes and sailing off for 3 days on a forgotten attacks world does not work. Even limited time spent ingame will have a serious effect on the accounts progress.

Without a solution for the holidays it will either ruin the server or Christmas for me. There are not enough hours in a day to have both ;-)

Definetely a controlled server pause for three christmas days woukd be appreciated!!
  • gamerdruid
    4648 posts Moderator

It doesn't mention morale so assume no morale.

I've never known a pause like you're suggesting so it's highly unlikely - if it was going to happen then it should have been already announced.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Kinshasa551
    156 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    if that is really a non morale world i have one suggestion:

give the first prize to Sannahopea, Ganja and Co.( with the 100´s of alts) at the 10.12. because nobody is interested in playing against them with these server setting.

so the rest of us can enjoy x-mas o:)
  • Ok then there could be a nice workaorund:

Announce server maintenance and expected downtime for 24-26.12 :)
  • Killz92
    1 posts New member
    It is weird that EA did not conduct a vote on the ruleset before announcing WCS, like last time. Kinshasa is right: no malus = widespread multi-accounting abuse. Teams that are infamous for doing this, will create alliances filled with alts with crap 4th / 5th badges stocked with Reptime and rotate them into the main alliance to grind down bases. No malus = a faster world too, so top teams will be in center in 2 weeks...just in time for Christmas.

It would be good if EA slowed the world down and did more to combat multi-accounting abuse. Otherwise no point in spending money on this farce. Lame win for the abusers.
  • in case you are not informed ... the previous WCS was without morale, which involved many alliances with alternates, however the winning alliance was the German team (thanks to a great war strategy). In conclusion the alternates only give you top accounts but the war strategy gives you the victory of a server.
  • Killz92 wrote: »
    It is weird that EA did not conduct a vote on the ruleset before announcing WCS, like last time. Kinshasa is right: no malus = widespread multi-accounting abuse. Teams that are infamous for doing this, will create alliances filled with alts with crap 4th / 5th badges stocked with Reptime and rotate them into the main alliance to grind down bases. No malus = a faster world too, so top teams will be in center in 2 weeks...just in time for Christmas.

It would be good if EA slowed the world down and did more to combat multi-accounting abuse. Otherwise no point in spending money on this farce. Lame win for the abusers.

Correct!
    Its simple guys: don´t play that server + save the money for some nice xmas presents for your family + let Project play alone. That´s fun ;)
  • Very discreet information. It would be great to get more info.
    There is no information about POI level (boosted or not) and word level (65/80) or map size.
    Christmas time also poses a challenge.
  • gamerdruid wrote: »

It doesn't mention morale so assume no morale.

I've never known a pause like you're suggesting so it's highly unlikely - if it was going to happen then it should have been already announced.

I suppose a server backup, pulling the plug on 24th and putting it back in on Jan 1st won't work? I don't know whats possible, but what I know for sure is that my family will hate me playing the game under the christmas tree.
  • Not everyone celebrates Christmas at the same time))))
  • gamerdruid
    4648 posts Moderator
    Hmm - not everyone celebrates Christmas at all!
  • chadthurston
    435 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    delete
    Post edited by chadthurston on
  • tokenting
    85 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    How about a pvp attack ban between 24th and 27th Dec, just disable the button. People do and will attack on Christmas day. A game pause would be better but seems unlikely to be an option.

• Kinshasa551
    156 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Looks like Bruellhusten will start that server with Project.
    What about Schaffa? What about other strong Ally´s?

If they all don´t start because of xmas/setting of the server we don´t need any other discussion about a break.
    Post edited by Kinshasa551 on
  • gamerdruid
    4648 posts Moderator
    edited November 2021

Announcement has been updated - no morale confirmed. Also, it is a level 65 world.
  • Guys think about it, this is kinda crazy. CNC is only a game. It should not dictate what you need to do in real life. I don't see Call of Duty or Forza impacting on daily life, i don't drive at 200 mph and then shoot everybody, and i sure as hell won't let CNC impact on real life either.

Xmas, enjoy it as you normally do or don't, but don't let a game decide for you.

If you haven't noticed the badges no longer mean the same as they once did, example TIB53 decided at same time as guys dropping 3rd bases, servers were always contested much more in past now it is a parade and an ordered list for badges gone have the days that many truly earned their badges. Gone have the days that badges were earned, 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th all worthless, meaningless, support the main team and farm hard and you will be positioned in as high a badge order as you ranking allows. Spend enough and use them skills and you can all be same level sad but true.

Prizes, yes there are prizes but i am quite sure many of you will spend much more on first month alone than any prize received so again the decision is, is that world championship badge really worth the money and your xmas? You can bet your last dollar six months later nobody will care about your badge but your family will still remember how you screwed up xmas. All because EA promise something different??? something special??? for an anniversary, their anniversary not yours. Does anybody even know what this special thing is? lol, enjoy.

Clown
  • There have always been more or less meaningful badges. There were servers where you had 10k PVP kills before the server was decided. Servers where you fought for half a year or servers where two major teams started. I hold my w100 badge in higher regards than the WCS2015 badge. Simply because after some initial PVP the WCS2015 was easy. On w100 we even had to do an endgame merger, but literally all major groups of that time came together on that server and there was short but massive PVP. It has been one of the most competitive servers if not the most competitive server.
  • I think Schaffa/Nvidia/Mara/some iteration of those teams have proven time and again how formidable they are in WCS settings.
  • I remember about a month or two ago discussing with people that the schedule is getting tight and the thought was
    "of course they are not going to start this over Christmas, they are not crazy"
    lo and behold - this is exactly what happens
    is there any rationale for this crazyness?
    or was this on purpose - pick the worst time to run a wcs?
    or was it just you promised it this year and so have to start it before year end?
    it already won't be a wcs 2021 anyways because all the real stuff will happen in 2022
    Why not just move it to January?
    all in favor say aye!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.