EA Forums - Banner

Installing Generals Disc on Windows 10

Woywoy
posts New member
Hi All
Played this game when it first came out and want to play it again.
I need to be able to install Generals discs then Zero Hour discs.
Purchased digital version twice from Origin and was not aware I had to chase fixes after purchasing to install.
After a week of getting nowhere from "Help" line I gave up and purchased discs and they will not install on Windows 10. Have searched on forums and you tube for fixes and followed their instructions but no luck. Someone on You tube told me to install Windows LTSC ?Been trying to get this game going for a month.
I am not very computer literate but can follow step by step instructions.
I grew up on Pong and Space Invaders so I am pretty stupid.
Would appreciate any help please.
Thanks

Replies

• gamerdruid
    4653 posts Moderator
    The likelihood of assistance here is low. The game is old, despite it being available still. The number playing here is very low, hence the low level of support other players can offer.

The Digital Version from Origin works in a different way to the disc version. To get that to work log in to Origin and download Origin software first before downloading and installing the game. Depending on available disc space, cpu speed and memory available it should work. If it doesn't then it is EA's helpdesk that will be aware of the difficulties more than the players of a different game which is the player base here.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!