EA Forums - Banner

Upgrades for NOD in defense

Hello, it has been talking to some Russian Alliance partners and they have told me something very strange that I want to confirm.

Since the game began and the improvements have established descriptions in English and then they have translated into other languages.

In the part of NOD, for confessors and missile equipment in defense, their improvements refer to the fact that they provide greater resistance to the vehicle inside these units. In spanish and french is the same.

It's right?

In Russian translation it is understood that these improvements give greater protection to each unit, just by having them (Wear Them).

I would like to know if it is a failure in Russian translation or simply that my head does not work correctly.

Thank you so much. ;-)
Always testing something

Replies

• I know in GDI upgrades for snippers and missile squad are for they own (enhanced his capacities)

In NOD, the upgrades are for the vehicles (carriers/transport) he use

@gamerdruid I'm right?
  • gamerdruid
    4931 posts Moderator
    I will check on Monday, but I think you're not correct. The upgrades are for the units themselves not the transport vehicles, which of course have to be upgraded to carry. The effect maybe that the transporting vehicle is protected, but when they are destroyed the units that were carried are still protected.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • In GDI yes but in NOD... the correct phrase is: "Makes its carrier more resistant agains damage"

In spanish: "Hace que su transporte sea más resistente al daño" (transporte = transport)

I starts to think about a problem in translation. :-(

Maybe is more correct "Makes the wearer more resistant to damage" :-?
    Always testing something
  • gamerdruid
    4931 posts Moderator
    I think it is a case of translation and the difference between wearer and carrier. The rocket squad is carrying the shield or matrix has always been my understanding of the phrase used. Not, as you're implying the unit carrying the rocket squad.

Your alternative would be more universally understood in translation I think.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!