EA Forums - Banner

PVP.

Prev13
Jinxem
posts Member
edited May 2017
Does anyone find the current pvp scene where people lock down their bases with attacks from alt accounts, and those bases with more alt accounts, to be fun?

It's not really pvp if only one side can attack... Then again, I may be expecting too much.

$I$ $get$ $why$ $it's$ $allowed$ $though$ :)
Post edited by inSepp on

Replies

  • gamerdruid
    4709 posts Moderator
    It's difficult to prevent. Finding an acceptable solution is difficult as each one has it's own exploits.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • methuselah
    457 posts Senior Moderator
    It's almost impossible to stop, it is frustrating but if you stick with it you'll eventually beat it as the only time it works is if they are online at the same time as you are trying to attack.
  • I really wish that we could score RP for PvP.
    It has become somewhat counter productive to attack other players now.

  • whith auto click mouse ??????
  • gamerdruid
    4709 posts Moderator
    Auto-click scripts aren't allowed so no-one will be using them! >:)

    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • game druide mdr demande au russe sur tib 24 si l auto click et interdit faudrait quand même que ea arrête de ce **** de la gueule des gens !!!!!!!!!!! non ?
  • "Stick" or "lock bases" with alt account can be Modified by EA :
    this is used to make you invicible.
    But, when you attack under Support snipers / militants/roquets/Commando are Full life 100% because they are inside a Judge or Guardians. >>> solution: Support must kill the Judge + the unit inside !
    So there will be no more "Taxi Base" / "bases that kill your defense 50 with units 30 in 30 runs.

    AUTO CLICK : this is use by one team in tiberian 24 The Deadly Squad.
    It's not because you ssay here auto click is forbidden that it is not used ...lol
  • This game is being destroyed by the pvp under blocks, this removes all the fun. You claim that nobody uses autoclick just because it's forbidden ? This is utopia.
    If you have a way to check it out, take the time to do it. That would be the least ....we spend money in this game.
    If you have no way to check this out, everyone will use it because it will be impossible to win without.
    You say that autoclick is forbidden, but what are the penalties for the players who use it ?
  • bloofi
    9 posts Member
    gamerdruid wrote: »
    It's difficult to prevent. Finding an acceptable solution is difficult as each one has it's own exploits.
    Just throwing in my 2cents : Put a cooldown on the attack button after a certain amount of hits on the same player target (just like the 50min cooldown on the fortress). It will stop not only the base locking, but also the taxi offenses (ex : after 10 hits on same target, 5min cooldown before you can re-attack it). With this solution, it won't be impossible to do base-locking / taxi offenses, but it will be really more difficult and that could be enough.
    gamerdruid wrote: »
    Auto-click scripts aren't allowed so no-one will be using them! >:)
    The problem is that it's not a script, it's an external soft. It just automates an action the user can do by himself, so you can't even detect/prove it, you can only have doubts.

    Oh, and thank you for the loading screen bug in 17.4 patch :smile:. It's only been 2 years to correct a damn closing quote :smiley:



  • bloofi wrote: »
    Oh, and thank you for the loading screen bug in 17.4 patch :smile:. It's only been 2 years to correct a **** closing quote :smiley:

    YEs put out the Text in the loading screen .... we can t log in !!!
    harrd to play ..without beeing logged in.

  • sacipeps
    18 posts Member
    bloofi wrote: »
    gamerdruid wrote: »
    It's difficult to prevent. Finding an acceptable solution is difficult as each one has it's own exploits.
    Just throwing in my 2cents : Put a cooldown on the attack button after a certain amount of hits on the same player target (just like the 50min cooldown on the fortress). It will stop not only the base locking, but also the taxi offenses (ex : after 10 hits on same target, 5min cooldown before you can re-attack it). With this solution, it won't be impossible to do base-locking / taxi offenses, but it will be really more difficult and that could be enough.

    they will use 2 or 3 accounts cooldown cannot solve it.. maybe with ip lock same as lock we see when one player try to atack one account he has sub
  • gamerdruid
    4709 posts Moderator
    My comment about no-one using 'auto-click' was followed by a devil smiley, indicating sarcasm. I know it that auto-click systems are heavily used by some players.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Sheosun
    6 posts New member
    progstar62 wrote: »
    AUTO CLICK : this is use by one team in tiberian 24 The Deadly Squad.

    "By one team". Are you sure? omg... that is not even fun. I hope your blocker&interceptor scripts will not work after new update.

    BTW as I know Cortex uses them in all worlds they play. No surprise why they have so many wins. It's really difficult to beat scripts.
  • Sheosun
    6 posts New member
    I was thinking about refusing low ranked accounts to move into high lvl bases area. It would solve the problem partly. But again, CorteX kicked inactive 2 accs from alliance and uses them to block bases. So... have no idea how to find universal solution. But it's clear that this way of PvP is just stupid.

    BTW I think it's a good idea to affect Support Weapons on units in transport.
  • LOL Sheosun ...
    You forgot that I offered you to play without blocks, to make a pvp fair and that on your first attack you started to use the block ... I think you did not attack once without To use it ... Would you like that afterwards we did not use it?
    We do not use any autoclick, the proof is that you have several times managed to break our blocks ... because it is a human player who does it ...
    If we won several servers, it was through diplomacy (tib7) or because we were stronger than our opponents ... that's all, we never cheated.
  • they will use 2 or 3 accounts cooldown cannot solve it.. maybe with ip lock same as lock we see when one player try to atack one account he has sub
    Cooldown, on the base attacked, not the attacker.

  • Sheosun
    6 posts New member
    No matter what you offered. I'm talking only about facts. You prepared many accs for blocking long time before your offer.

    You do not use autoclick that's correct. Because you use scripts for that. And that is not just a suggestion (unfortunately for you). As a developer I can prove it to any game developer if needed. But not all your players use it - that's true. And that's why we were able to break your attacks. As well as you did due to our mistakes with blocking.

    There is a saying in Russia: The one who shouts loud "Hold the thief!" is the thief.
  • Hey Druid and Léo,
    i think Sheosun idea is not so bad.
    You only can be in 36+ lvl bases if your main is 26+, 42+ bases if main is 32+ or something like that.
    That issue could be easyly find and inject into the game as the drop bubble at lvl18, there's could be a message preventin "the zone is upper your lvl please come back later"
    We could easyly test it into a new version of pte
  • zOz-the-1
    27 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Cheers my friends sorry :)
  • gamerdruid
    4709 posts Moderator
    I like the idea - but we don't make policy, just moderate the forums
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.