EA Forums - Banner

UPDATE: Community Vote to ban Master-syr

13Next

Replies

  • gamerdruid
    4324 posts Moderator
    edited January 2018
    gamerdruid wrote: »
    I often wonder the same thing. I don't think though you statement about this is supposed to be a democratic game holds true. It's a game plain and simple. Democracy doesn't come into it. It's here to provide EA with profits by providing a cause for people to pay to play. Without that there would be no game. Democracy within the game or between players and EA isn't in the picture!

    so ur sayin its ok to call u gay in game but not in forum?

    Absolutely not. But in the forum we have moderators, in game there are none.
    gamerdruid wrote: »
    I often wonder the same thing. I don't think though you statement about this is supposed to be a democratic game holds true. It's a game plain and simple. Democracy doesn't come into it. It's here to provide EA with profits by providing a cause for people to pay to play. Without that there would be no game. Democracy within the game or between players and EA isn't in the picture!

    You say it's to make EA profits ...BUT WHY DONT THEY. Promote this title ?????

    This game is irrelevant to EA .. unlike The Sims and FIFA .. so your statement is flawed ..
    I don't know if irrelevant is the right term. It's a different model of game. This is advertised as 'Free to Play' although we know it means 'Free to Play, Pay to Win'
    And they don't bring the game up-to-date ...
    I wonder what all the changes over the years have been doing then. Patches haven't all been about fixing flaws and bugs.
    The CP, RT start is out of date 100 and 12 hrs has been same for ages and need upping .. YOU HAVE said it's fine .. but that's coz u fund and don't want to change it to keep the void between the funders and not funders wide ...
    I've not said it is fine. I'd like to see the CP and RT start full for one thing, and to be increased by 100%.
    And the subject in hand ... ALL RACISM AND SEXISM needs addressing and not just one player !!!
    I agree entirely. All forms of discrimination, bullying, homophobia and all the other ills in society need to be addressed. I don't know how to do that, but maybe you have some suggestions that will actually work. Take into account that we have free registration for the game and no limits on how many times you can register. (Our spammer in the forum is taking advantage of that, but there is nothing in the system currently that can stop the same happening in-game with vile comments being posted by multiple accounts.) It seems that the players of this game hold the same cross-section of views as the rest of the world's societies do including that it is OK to use hate speech etc. (On that note it is a shame that we don't count as social media then it would cost them to do nothing in Germany!).
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • @ xdaast and all others. It is my believe that there should be freedom of speech in this game, whether it is in the various fora or in chat. However like in the real world there is and should be a limit to what you can say. Therefore, in my opinion, this post is not just about Master-Syr but all players who, like Gamerdruid said use "All forms of discrimination, bullying, homophobia etc". Having said all this I have played this game for the last 5 years on more then 40 worlds, (yes I am addicted and not always successful lol) and I have never come across a more obnoxious player/person then Master-Syr. In the alliance I am in at present I have refused to accept him. Additionally, I must say that my experience with moderation in this game and the follow up of reporting excesses by EA is far below "fit for purpose".
  • gamerdruid
    4324 posts Moderator
    Isaackorp wrote: »
    ..snip.., I must say that my experience with moderation in this game and the follow up of reporting excesses by EA is far below "fit for purpose".
    As there is no in-game moderation it is not 'fit for purpose', it just does not exist. As for follow-up of reporting of excesses that have been dealt with by EA I believe it is truly 'unfit for purpose'. They won't tell you the outcome of any investigation or 'sentences' given (1 day, 2 day warnings or bans or whatever happens). In real life if you make a complaint (in Britain at least) to the 'police' or local official or whatever authority is appropriate then you're informed of the outcome, even if it is 'insufficient evidence to proceed'.

    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Isaackorp wrote: »
    @ xdaast and all others. It is my believe that there should be freedom of speech in this game, whether it is in the various fora or in chat. However like in the real world there is and should be a limit to what you can say. Therefore, in my opinion, this post is not just about Master-Syr but all players who, like Gamerdruid said use "All forms of discrimination, bullying, homophobia etc". Having said all this I have played this game for the last 5 years on more then 40 worlds, (yes I am addicted and not always successful lol) and I have never come across a more obnoxious player/person then Master-Syr. In the alliance I am in at present I have refused to accept him. Additionally, I must say that my experience with moderation in this game and the follow up of reporting excesses by EA is far below "fit for purpose".

    i take offence, i have never ben annoyed by master syr and im almost positive im worse bud
  • i vote to remove this thread entirely since i have proven im worse just today
  • NivaCat
    9 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Well this guy is really insulting any member didn't agree with his way, unfortunately he was behind the war because he told too many lies, he purposely insulted all women he constantly spews venom and vulgarity in chat, talks disrespectfully about women, uses degrading and repulsive language especially in Arabic , asks other to send subs to check their funds and then ask them to put money on his account and if they refuse he will start insulting and accusing them beside creating too many fake stories against people he didn't like them, calling any lady/girls with good amount of funds by "she good p***ys"!! Finally he thinks he has impunity from any kind of action taken against him, he must be band from this game
    Post edited by NivaCat on
  • Think we should ban daast for starting stuff an challenging people with not intentions of following threw.he evidently thinks everyone should care what he thinks.sit down daast .just report .someone remove his kiddy sherriff badge
  • In my opinion there are many members who speak badly of women and spew venom and as many of you know I have been on the receiving end of some disgusting tirades.... use the ignore button it works every time but of course not before I get to tell them what I think of them :wink: ...........oh ps reporting them is a waste of time EA does nothing
  • EE_Elephterion
    1829 posts Envision Developer
    Every report helps however. For notorious and repeated offenders, i recommend taking screenshots and reporting people directly to EA with evidence.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • Sorry Elephterion I have done all that and once I reported a player so many times after I got 600 messages in 3 days .....nothing was done, it just kept going...........I dont even bother reporting anymore because EA does nothing at all they, in my opinion, are only interested in taking my money ! Then you have someone like Iggy-Edwards who can say one word and he is banned ....your system is rather a joke sorry :(
  • Just cancel hes ip adress, he´s on all worlds, abonned by XDaas, CenterDriven and so on hes going on, and now on Vet 5, just get him away - please!
  • Thanks to all who have participated. Check the original post for an update.
  • .dude no one cares what u do. Dumdaast

  • this is my situation right now .. :s
  • EE_Elephterion
    1829 posts Envision Developer
    /closing to prevent derailment, the seems resolved please move on :)
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.