EA Forums - Banner

Price and amount I pay

I live in the US and pay about $37.00 U.S.D for 90,000 in game credits. I took a trip to Europe and the price changed to 40 KoN (?) for 50,000. Then went to England and the price stayed the same in the same currency (KoN ?). Then, I went back to the U.S. and am still stuck paying almost double what I did before.
Tech support did nothing but refer me here. My old pay code was CF 229 I believe. I can provide the case ID if required. Really not up to the EA standard I have come to expect.

Replies

• gamerdruid
    2997 posts Moderator
    edited January 2018
    We are unable to deal with funding issues and only EA support can deal with those matters.

I'm guessing you're playing on a laptop. I'm also guessing that as you paid in England in Norwegian Krona then some cookie or other has not been reset as it is normally difficult to pay for funds in a currency not the 'home' currency, they check your location using your IP address and have banned some roaming IP systems.

Try clearing your cookies and session files as well as your cache. If possible change your IP address manually that you're seen as coming from.

But as I said at the beginning, we can't deal with funding issues and they can only be resolved by EA support and knowing the case ID won't help.

I'll ask a EA representative to investigate and get in touch, but no promises that he will be able to resolve the issue.

EDIT: It has been suggested that you flush your DNS cache as well. If you don't know how to a brief search on google will take you through it for your operating system.
    Post edited by gamerdruid on
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • can you tell me why I was told, not once but repeatedly by the last person at support via phone call, to post here " and they will be able to resolve the issue for you" ? I will try clearing my cache and cookies though not sure how to clear my session files.
  • I flushed my cache and cookies and reset my IP address. Then went back to the game and tried to buy in game currency. It was the $40.99 for 50,000 price, not the original price. I will google how to flush my DNS cache and do that as well. Look forward to hearing from EA and anything else you might think of. Thanks
  • gamerdruid
    2997 posts Moderator
    I seem to remember the 90 000 was a special offer quantity. In Britain the 'normal' highest quantity is 50 000 for £24.99 which today works out at around US$34 but given the fall in the pound since the BREXIT vote here it could have been in the US$40 mark.

https://www.technipages.com/flush-and-reset-the-dns-resolver-cache-using-ipconfig

may be of some help in flushing DNS cache. Session files, I'm afraid it's a case 'too much lack of knowledge' on my part. They won't exist on your computer. Clearing history etc plus flushing DNS should be enough now. You've got the price in US$ for 50 000 at least.
  • I flushed the DNS and "believe" I flushed the sessions files. No help, same price. I have checked and EA has my correct country for my home country, now. Before, it would change to whatever country I was in. Google rocks!
  • 90000 fund is the offer for the first ever financing, the subsequent are at 50,000 fund, with no occasional offers of + 20%
    https://gyazo.com/2d048c1118364251b2e90bc246ce05a0
    maybe this helps your question
  • gamerdruid
    2997 posts Moderator
    It certainly answers my confusion, it's a very long time since I had an opening offer.
  • That was NOT the case for me and I will screenshot my payment history if need be to prove it. I bought many times at the price and rate stated above. Im also wondering why, despite repeated attempts on my part, EA refuses to contact me in regard to this issue.
  • gamerdruid
    2997 posts Moderator
    Then maybe an error was made in giving you the increased number of funds, an error in your favour!

I doubt EA will contact you as a result of anything you post on here, this is mainly a support forum for in-game issues and funding issues cannot be dealt with from here as those that frequent it (developers and Mods) have no access to funding details.
  • I have tried to make contact with them by every available means. No written reply and when I call I get inaccurate info. I have a ticket pending, and pending. It's been over 7 days now. No word. This is very unlike EA, in my experience.
  • gamerdruid
    2997 posts Moderator
    If it is unlike your normal experience with EA then you've been lucky in the past ;)
  • lol So i contacted EA again. They say my case was " misescalated" that was their, not my word. As far as I can see bothering you further with THIS issue will serve no purpose. Thanks for your time and help.