EA Forums - Banner

What stupid new patch "fix" EA is doing?

Prev13
TBI0999
26 posts Member
Dear EA,

I know you hate those of us who refuse to quit the older worlds. The fact is, your new worlds suck. BUT blocking us from logging into our accounts on the older worlds as you implement your new patch is a new low.

I have no wish to see a stupid blue screen telling me I can't log into my account. Thanks!!

Replies

• EE_Elephterion
    1860 posts Envision Developer
    Hello Commander,

can you give me a few more details about your login error? Are you trying to access the worlds directly or via the browser?
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • Yes tell us how for years we can log into your game yet today can't so some moderator can tell us to do a bunch of bull. Fact is for years we could log the game old worlds or new and now it must be our fault it doesn't work today hahaha. EA your a bunch of lame **** idiots, you've made the game impossible to play and the people who put money into the game, the money you bought lunch with are the ones your sluffing off. CnC is ruined, better to remove the game completly and then simply tell us its our cach and cookies lol. Morons.
  • gamerdruid
    4426 posts Moderator
    Name calling isn't going to help the situation! The update broke a few things, they are working on the corrections.

Logging in via the back-door no longer works - the webworld browser is basically 'BROKEN' link now, and it is used from the front page so changing worlds at login doesn't work either. The in-game change world should still be working, although substitutions are also now broken and don't work.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • i cant change worlds. The in-game change world no longer works for me..... and got subs and that bust too
  • gamerdruid
    4426 posts Moderator
    Subs are bust, true. You may be able to log into worlds via the back door within an incognito / private window.
  • Katayalin
    10 posts Member
    The suggestion with anonymous surfing does not work either. The bases the sub's burn and I can not help it. Is not there a backup to restore the old state?
  • WHY WHY WHY
    When a Patch is Done do we ALWAYS have **** ups
    Does NO ONE check a patch out first before applying it
    In the Real World unless you was a MP you would lose your Job.
  • Since this morning, the game has been throwing an error message when attempting to load a World. It says Service: Method not allowed.

I am still unable to change worlds normally, and even changing in-game has been a problem since yesterday as the game throws a script error (no, not my script), stops responding, and crashes back to the home screen.

http://gamecdnorigin.alliances.commandandconquer.com/Farm/service.svc/ajaxEndpoint/ssoconsume/

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"&gt;
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"&gt;
    <head>
    <title>Service</title>
    <style>BODY { color: #000000; background-color: white; font-family: Verdana; margin-left: 0px; margin-top: 0px; } #content { margin-left: 30px; font-size: .70em; padding-bottom: 2em; } A:link { color: #336699; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline; } A:visited { color: #6699cc; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline; } A:active { color: #336699; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: underline; } .heading1 { background-color: #003366; border-bottom: #336699 6px solid; color: #ffffff; font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 26px; font-weight: normal;margin: 0em 0em 10px -20px; padding-bottom: 8px; padding-left: 30px;padding-top: 16px;} pre { font-size:small; background-color: #e5e5cc; padding: 5px; font-family: Courier New; margin-top: 0px; border: 1px #f0f0e0 solid; white-space: pre-wrap; white-space: -pre-wrap; word-wrap: break-word; } table { border-collapse: collapse; border-spacing: 0px; font-family: Verdana;} table th { border-right: 2px white solid; border-bottom: 2px white solid; font-weight: bold; background-color: #cecf9c;} table td { border-right: 2px white solid; border-bottom: 2px white solid; background-color: #e5e5cc;}</style>
    </head>
    <body>
    <div id="content">
    <p class="heading1">Service</p>
    <p>Method not allowed.</p>
    </div>
    </body>
    </html>
  • Whoever is making these patches, this " coder" should not be called coder/programmer, as its an insult to any real ones out there.
  • Do you remember the last round of Infected Camps? Perhaps the virus infected the entire server farm. The Forgotten have learned to go beyond their virtual container and are now taking over the physical world!
  • p597
    4 posts Member
    Quite silly that EA always asks "whats wrong" as if only non-EA experience problems. I hope this is not the case. But EITHERWAY, the problems and frequency seem to steadily increase over the past months. A sign of things to come?....

(btw, JUST FIX THESE PROBLEMS EA. And then consider sending all your engineers on vacation)
  • Without being logged on many bases will be lost because auto repair does not work, EA are you going to stop the attacks while you fix your problem, I guess you just expect us to spend more money for a game that has become more screwed up. The other solution is it is time to quit wasting our time on this game and do something more productive. " CAN YOU READ THIS EA "
  • p597
    4 posts Member
    I am very curious about it: Is there any legal action that may be taken against an organization for/regarding situations such as this? It is evident that
    - their service is not up to par,
    - they freely execute any possible right to "make modifications" to their service/product,
    - players ([paid?] clients) are short-changed because you take on deals for a "specific time" and the organization's failure to deliver up to derived expectations comes down to you being scammed for your cents,
    - even if you may get "compensation" (more time, or a package that EA believes you must be so happy you will bow down and kiss their feet), you still loose: consider the time you planned your RL and decided to take deals, the level of service deteriorated. Now you may have compensation but are left with an inability to execute.

NB: On case the moderator/EA decides the post is inappropriate and removes it you must post on more open forums. The information will still be made available via Google et al.
  • gamerdruid
    4426 posts Moderator
    This is not the place to discuss Legal action. If legal action is to be taken the correct channels need to be gone through.

Read the Terms of Service that you agreed to - fair or unfair is an opinion, you agreed to it. In some areas 'unfair' terms are un-enforceable, but you would need to get them declared 'unfair' first. In some areas you can't submit to the rules of another area, again this needs to be done in court and not here.

Some of the problems lately have come from EA directly deciding to implement changes to login systems, some from the developers. Legal action is most likely between those two entities if any contract was broken. Players seem to have very few legal 'rights'!
  • TBI0999
    26 posts Member
    >Since this morning, the game has been throwing an error message when attempting to load a World. It says Service: Method not allowed.

This happened a couple of times. AND sometimes it would just return back to the Home screen and will not load world.

This kind of nonsense ALWAYS happen when EA attempt to "improve" the game. Some "improvement"! I think rolling back all fixes for the last 3 years will probably improve the game much much better!
  • EE_Elephterion
    Hello Commander,

Is the Error still appearing? I recommend clearing browser cache and cookies and relogging into your account in this case, as we restarted all servers over the course of today.
  • Demonyah
    9 posts New member
    Hi moderator,

I did what you said, but I still cannot change servers. The server screen is black.
    Because you mentioned a 'sub issue' earlier, I like to state its my normal account. With this account, I can login only to W3, which is the server I played my last game on before the issue came up. I cannot play on any other server, because I cannot pick one. This is after clearing cookies, changing browser etc.
    Clearly the issue is not resolved.
  • EE_Elephterion
    @Demonyah

I see, which method are you suing to change worlds? If you are online on W3, you can go to the Options window and use the My Games tab to change worlds from there. Does that work?
  • Demonyah
    9 posts New member
    I like to try because that is a new option for me, however when I try to login to W3 ( I was there a few hours ago) I get redirected to the homepage now ..... I tried it several times
  • EE_Elephterion
    Ok, have you logged out of your account before clearing the browser cache and cookies?
    What browser are you using to play the game, could you try a different maybe?