EA Forums - Banner

slow or not working servers September 2018. ONLY report your problem here!

Replies

• I have been unable to access World 94 and World 107 since July 11. It is stunning to me the lack of basic customer service. NO WHERE has EA posted any explanation, or ETA of when they will be back up. when I contacted customer service via chat they gave me a long list of things to clear out cookies/cache, but did not even acknowledge that if this problem occurs on three different computers with three different browsers, then the problem is on the server, not on my end. I then found out that the webhosting is the 'publisher' and that these issues are being handled by the 'developer' and the 'publisher' has no idea that anything is wrong or the cause or the ETA of a fix.

Wow.

While 94 is an older world, things are still happening there. If they plan to simply discontinuing a world, the kind thing to do would be to give a date a few months in advance so folks would not be taken by surprise.

The long this goes on, the more likely it is that people will simply find other things to occupy their time. Apparently they don't care. Given the popularity and profitability of this game, that seems like a really unwise business strategy.
  • Soixie
    392 posts Member
    meklon wrote: »
    This is now has gone entirely beyond bad customer support, this issue should be fully qualified now as FRAUD and the State Attorney General as well as Justice department should be looking in to business practices of Electronic Arts. The company (EA) is entirely in the breach of contract with its customers, it took the money from people and not only failed to provide the services people paid for abut also deliberately NOT informing the customers and NOT even trying to update on the status of the issue.

I am an IT person, I ran and manage business critical applications for a 500 Fortune company and I can state with 1000% certainty that ANY similar failure in the data center or IT operations could have been fixed by now with a a normal Disaster Recovery and Rollback procedures (assuming one were even ever in place).

This EA must be penalized and sued for such practices and I will make sure that proper US authorities and regulators are notified.

I believe EA is legally shielded however, if you can find a loophole within the EULA, more power to you;

http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

4. Availability of EA Services and Updates

We do not guarantee that any EA Service, Content or Entitlement will be available at all times, in all locations, or at any given time or that we will continue to offer a particular EA Service, Content or Entitlements for any particular length of time. EA does not guarantee that EA Services can be accessed on all devices, by means of a specific Internet or connection provider, or in all geographic locations.

From time to time, EA may update, change or modify an EA Service, Content or Entitlements, without notice to you. These updates and modifications may be required in order to continue to use EA Services.

EA may need to update, or reset certain parameters to balance game play and usage of EA Services. These updates or "resets" may cause you setbacks within the relevant game world and may affect characters, games, groups or other Entitlements under your control.

• Mundo 4 Português, doesn´t work too, have the same Mundo 5 Português problem!!!
  • mansavvy
    6 posts New member
    Soixie
    48 POSTS MEMBER July 15, 2018 11:30AM
    mansavvy wrote: »
    ...We don't sign up to read every thread, we sign up to play, when it doesn't work we post a thread - simple - oh it doesn't work let's see if anyone knows about it, NOT oh it doesn't work, lets go to the forums and sift through a million threads from people with varying levels of issues, some of which are quite often ridiculous (as I'm sure you and the moderators appreciate). ...
    You mean the general "I want..." position? Yes, most of the real world is familiar with that attitude, good luck with that.

Er no Soixie it means front of house communication saves a lot of the crap if you read what I said. I want doesn't get in my opinion. Glad you are getting so involved though, we definitely need more haughty comments in the forum to slay down the balanced ones. Have you considered anger management lol
  • Santoruga
    24 posts New member
    edited July 2018
    3 days of RT has been given by EA last Friday to compensate all the hardship. If players are not using it by Sunday, EA will remove it for free.

We were working very hard on Saturday, at least half day, to read all your concerns and complaints. And a bit on Sunday to check if servers are still down or not. We do not have any estimate on when the servers will be back again. We are getting closer to fix it though, as we are able to bring the web server up.

We will move forward with patch 18.4 on CNCAPP01 to 3 on Monday. We encourage all players to help test the patch as they usually do and we have high hope that the patch will accidentally fix this annoying login issue.

Thank you again for your support in testing our patches. Don't forget that we have a 10% off sales on 90,000 TA funds next week.
  • I was told that my posts where closed in the other forum because it was the wrong place for my problem and that EA was aware of the issue and I should come here. That was the polite response and not quite what I got but I came here and read a pile of question and have not seen one that has this problem. {
    Can’t connect securely to this page
    This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner. }. Now if this is the same issue then fine but if not can I please get a proper response. Thank You
  • mansavvy wrote: »
    Soixie
    48 POSTS MEMBER July 15, 2018 11:30AM
    mansavvy wrote: »
    ...We don't sign up to read every thread, we sign up to play, when it doesn't work we post a thread - simple - oh it doesn't work let's see if anyone knows about it, NOT oh it doesn't work, lets go to the forums and sift through a million threads from people with varying levels of issues, some of which are quite often ridiculous (as I'm sure you and the moderators appreciate). ...
    You mean the general "I want..." position? Yes, most of the real world is familiar with that attitude, good luck with that.

Er no Soixie it means front of house communication saves a lot of the crap if you read what I said. I want doesn't get in my opinion. Glad you are getting so involved though, we definitely need more haughty comments in the forum to slay down the balanced ones. Have you considered anger management lol

You are trying to respond to Soixie and that ****-hole i nothing more than one of the cronies paid by EA to post snag response to complaining members. He hides bind the screen hoping he is well protected and no one will even be able to reach him, VERY wrong assumption.
  • There is the real possibility that all the relevant data has been irretrievably lost and someone forgot to run a backup before the data move. So the problem is to find a backup that's within a month of age, restore that, and then determine how much user progress has been lost. But, yes sadly, EA eula is ironclad - they never claimed to be able to provide 99.99% availability and they sure as hell aren't responsible for reimbursing lost game time. At the end of the day, however, they will need a massive customer service campaign to regain our loyalty and custom after this fiasco.

And please, Soixie, I see you're keeping a low profile, good idea dude - it ain't fair for you to be taking one for the EA team ;) and my post certainly doesn't need a reply from anyone.
  • PicolinaPT wrote: »
    Mundo 4 Português, doesn´t work too, have the same Mundo 5 Português problem!!!

2x
  • World 27 Europe is down for so long ... I say just keep the users informed. Doesn't your twitter handle work? EA should be obliged to communicate issues and provide an estimated date when Worlds will be coming online.
  • please fix soon guys our Bases await.
  • I have notice that I can log on to only one server and thats the new vet server using internet explorer not fire fox or chrome, if i use firefox it wornt happen! mabye this will help some people.
    volks
  • I can now log into the following servers

Cnc 78 https://cncapp03.alliances.commandandconquer.com/227/index.aspx
    Cnc tib4 https://cncapp05.alliances.commandandconquer.com/322/index.aspx
    Cnc 106 https://cncapp03.alliances.commandandconquer.com/300/index.aspx

It seems like the technicians have started working now after the weekend (not the first time the servers magically will start working on a monday morning)
  • EE_Elephterion
    1039 posts Envision Developer
    We are still busy trying to get all worlds online again, but I can't give you any ETA. Of course we understand that this is annoying for the players but we are also not happy with the slow progress over the weekend.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • The Danish Server Verden 1 is down and have been down since July 13th.

If I call tech support I get the same **** to clear my browser

What are the new adress for Verden 1?

When can we expect to play the game again?
  • gamerdruid
    2550 posts Moderator
    Santoruga wrote: »
    3 days of RT has been given by EA last Friday to compensate all the hardship. If players are not using it by Sunday, EA will remove it for free.

We were working very hard on Saturday, at least half day, to read all your concerns and complaints. And a bit on Sunday to check if servers are still down or not. We do not have any estimate on when the servers will be back again. We are getting closer to fix it though, as we are able to bring the web server up.

We will move forward with patch 18.4 on CNCAPP01 to 3 on Monday. We encourage all players to help test the patch as they usually do and we have high hope that the patch will accidentally fix this annoying login issue.

Thank you again for your support in testing our patches. Don't forget that we have a 10% off sales on 90,000 TA funds next week.

This is not true - please don't post misleading information. @Santoruga has no official standing on these forums.
    The4thEmpire
    1 POSTS MEMBER July 16, 2018 1:53AM
    There is the real possibility that all the relevant data has been irretrievably lost and someone forgot to run a backup before the data move. So the problem is to find a backup that's within a month of age, restore that, and then determine how much user progress has been lost. But, yes sadly, EA eula is ironclad - they never claimed to be able to provide 99.99% availability and they sure as hell aren't responsible for reimbursing lost game time. At the end of the day, however, they will need a massive customer service campaign to regain our loyalty and custom after this fiasco.
    And please, Soixie, I see you're keeping a low profile, good idea dude - it ain't fair for you to be taking one for the EA team ;) and my post certainly doesn't need a reply from anyone.
    Your post does need a reply! There is NO possibility that the relevant data has been lost. Do not suggest otherwise./
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • EE_Elephterion
    1039 posts Envision Developer
    We are seeing a light! We have rebooted the servers and are now looking at the remaining worlds who are still not providing access for players.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • nefrontheone
    223 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    World8 Spain looks like online now http://prntscr.com/k6zp7i but really don't loads http://prntscr.com/k6zoha

CNCAPP02

Fifth day without game, starting
    Not a part of EA / Envision teams - My comments are only mine.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!