EA Forums - Banner

Removing players once they take fortress

Replies

• Soixie
    571 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    you crazy :) Fort gets to level 95, first alliance never have to beat that, and forgotten bases rematerialize so road to fort and hubs must be cleared up. Sit down, here's an "f" :)

My God, how naive can a person be. We've been clearing level 95 forts for a few years now.

Post edited by Soixie on
  • gamerdruid
    4268 posts Moderator
    Paraphrasing, "The first alliance never have to beat a level 95", implying at the first go. After a while the fortress gets to 95 and no other alliance will beat it without assistance from a group of larger attack bases. Of course, you could argue that it wouldn't be at level 95 if the alliance killing the fortress is removed as the level of the bases that determine the level of the fortress are also removed reducing it's propensity to grow ever more quickly.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • nefrontheone
    850 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I was thinking that if the players were deleted once they destroyed the EA fortress, they would have to warn with a message similar to this one:

https://prnt.sc/l2n0w7

And then possibly no one will buy funds if they know they are going to lose all the money they have spent.

Or it could also be that they took the center and the war was eternal to prevent anyone from throwing the center before with what the final goal of the game would change from "breaking the fortress" to "prevent anyone from reaching the fortress"

With the significant economic loss that would be for EA.
    Post edited by nefrontheone on
    Not a part of EA / Envision teams - My comments are only mine.
  • Here's my bet to EA: make one world, just one, where players are removed from server once they badge. Make it with slots for 60.000 players, not 30.ooo. I bet you my July paycheck that server will fill up within one week because WE ARE ALL TIRED OF SAME PLAYERS MONOPOLIZING A SERVER FOR YEARS. Once is clear everyone has a chance at badge based on his/her ability and not based on whatever the funded players "decide" who deserves to hit the fort....everyone will try their hand at that world. Come on EA what do you have to lose? :) You can't fill up servers anymore can't you see that? Are you not tired of losing players like crazy?

Ea is like the Democrat Party in the US where it appeals to freaks only while ignoring the silent majority and then they cry when Trump trumps them :)

This is a very good idea. Bravo, closer. Of course, one of the best solutions is to remove or restrict players to hit and destroy FF more than once. But as nefrontheone said, very well said, EA cares only about the money - you made your point here and you are right nefron.
    The game itself has limitations, but i remeber when producers didn't allowed anymore to farm alt. accounts. It is time to correct this stupid idea of continuing the way game it is now. It is not about "king of the hill" how some here said, it is about the quality of the game. Money will come, you must do a better game EA or Envision or who you are. Your money will come. It is time to listen to us, the players who give you the money.
  • gamerdruid
    4268 posts Moderator
    jaune7 wrote: »
    It is time to listen to us, the players who give you the money.
    I see more players here are against than for the idea of removing those that kill the fortress, so I agree with something you have said..... even if it wasn't meant to be taken the way I take it, meaning 'keep the players on the world'.

• gamerdruid
    4268 posts Moderator
    edited October 2018
    I doubt many voted in the USA elections at all, most seem to be in Europe and elsewhere.

Interestingly, I wasn't replying to your idea - unless of course you have a split personality and reply to your own posts :)
  • Once the FF is destroyed all players who participated on its destruction, if not removed, must be restricted in destrying it once more or several times, also they should not be allowed to act like dictators on a server. There are many restrictions to be easily implementated for a better game for all players not just some.

I say this beeing couple times on such alliances, even "on top of the hill" as a individual player - part of a wining alliance - and there is nothing there. Nothing good anyway. And for EA, like i said before, your money will come, even more money, if you do a better endgame .
  • In all worlds there are wars, alliances, pacts, diplomacy ...
    I have seen as alliances that were enemies for a long time have decided to make peace and destroy the fortress in an orderly manner.
    Help her wings to destroy the fortress later.
    Help other alliances to get the medal.

I have also seen betrayals, break of covenants, attacks of treason, union of multiple alliances to attack another larger before get medal...

All this, everything, is not a problem of the game or the end of the game.
    This is the way in which humanity acts and it is they who should change their way of acting and thinking if they want to get to the (supposed) end of the game.

If I have alliances that have hurt me enormously to get my medal, it is normal that later I do not want to help them get theirs and even spend my funds to avoid getting them.

If the following alliances want to achieve the center, they will have to continue growing, spending their funds on growing and what they need if they want to reach the center.
    Or decide that it is time to leave the current world because their behavior has closed all doors and the best alternative is to start a new world.
  • gamerdruid
    4268 posts Moderator
    edited October 2018
    Once the FF is destroyed all players who participated on its destruction, if not removed, must be restricted in destrying it once more or several times, also they should not be allowed to act like dictators on a server. There are many restrictions to be easily implementated for a better game for all players not just some.
    This is the best suggestion I've seen so far about how to 'improve' the post-Fortress period.

Restricting the ability of players to X successful runs at the Fortress may be a way forward. It wouldn't stop them helping their wings holding the high POI's or stop them helping a certain number of their wings who helped get the 1st place badge. i don't know how easy it will be to implement though, as it would mean keeping track of the number of successful runs that killed the fortress after obtaining the badge. As things are the data about badge can be kept in one bit, either yes or no, 1 or 0. Keeping track of the badged runs, ie runs that killed the fortress, would require more data to be stored.

I've no idea how you expect the game to stop them acting like dictators, however!

One idea I've seen suggested, is that every time a fortress is killed it targets ALL badged players, not just those from the killing alliance and that the range is extended so that the only way to avoid being killed is to sector jump. it would clear out the central area each time and would be easier to implement (I think) than some of the other possible alterations. This attacking of players with a badge from that world would be justified in the storyline by the fact it is clearing out known enemies of the Fortress and the Forgotten.
  • We should restrict the forums to adults who actively pay for the game. These childish tantrums being blasted on the rest of us are a complete waste of everyone's time and responding to them isn't helping anyone.

If you don't like the way the game is structured, leave.
  • There is at least some good reasoning in the idea of somehow "removing" the winners from a world.
    Think of the world championship server. The alliances that took the gold medal have always been worthy of it, but those that took the silver have not always been, and the bronze medals have always been "friends of winners", that chose the winner but were never strong enough.
    On world championship servers the team that lost in a fight for the center has always, invariably been much much better than the bronze medal winners, and sometimes better than the silver medalists. When somebody runs a marathon and gets a silver or bronze medal it is because the person was second or third best. You don't get a medal for being the gold medalist's supporter and best friend.
    So at least on the WCS it would be, in my opinion, a great idea to have all winning members removed from the server right after they take the fortress. This would make the fight for the silver fair and the silver medal will be an achievement. Same for bronze, and every following medal. Right now only gold means something, and every other badge is junk.
    If this makes sense for WCS, then why not do that on some of the other worlds as well.
    In principle, I do not think there is any compensation needed for "removal" as long as from the very beginning of the server the players are warned that as soon as they take the fortress, they will be removed from the world. Then they know the rules and they know what they sign up to.
  • nefrontheone
    850 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    p0ir_r0tt wrote: »
    If this makes sense for WCS, then why not do that on some of the other worlds as well.
    In principle, I do not think there is any compensation needed for "removal" as long as from the very beginning of the server the players are warned that as soon as they take the fortress, they will be removed from the world. Then they know the rules and they know what they sign up to.

If from the beginning of the servers (around 10 years ago) you are notified of the loss of everything invested, according to you, I would like you to show me where and how that information is viewed, please.

I have never seen it and I play in some worlds for several years.

Thanks and regards.
  • If from the beginning of the servers (around 10 years ago) you are notified of the loss of everything invested, according to you, I would like you to show me where and how that information is viewed, please.
    I have never seen it and I play in some worlds for several years.
    Thanks and regards.

Do you know how to read? I never said that.
    I am saying that if they started a new world where from the very beginning they told everybody that the winners get removed from server, then there would be no need for compensation. And I think they should try that.

• gamerdruid
    4268 posts Moderator
    edited October 2018
    p0ir_r0tt wrote: »
    I am saying that if they started a new world where from the very beginning they told everybody that the winners get removed from server, then there would be no need for compensation. And I think they should try that.
    They said something similar for the Vet servers, but have let them run and run and run after the Vet season endgame.
  • nefrontheone
    850 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Everyone must have their personal point of view and respect that of others.
  • methuselah
    445 posts Senior Moderator

This is the best commentary i have ever read on this forum. Not only true but, bravo!

No disrespect inteded but it is the comment of someone that got their hide tanned in a game. Nothing you do in life will not reward you for time invested. Got a wife? Invest time. Got a kid? Invest time. Got a job?

Invest time. I know it is shocking a game works the same way.

• methuselah
    The best solution so far is to remove players who destroyed FF from the World.

If not implemented, too bad for the game itself.

Not the best solution at all. Possibly the worst?
  • methuselah
    Solution is very simple: remove players from a world once they have destroyed FF .

Right. "You won the game now were going to punish you!"

Good plan that.