EA Forums - Banner

Multiaccounting now part of the game?!?

Prev1345
reinemachfrau
44 posts Member
edited November 2018
Hi all, hi developers and hi EA

people wonder when you gonna stop the excessive usage of multi account for feeding main account?
On the newest TIB world this got out of control. Some people (obviously many of top 20) running tones of account to feed the main account. On tib37 this is just a big disease… it destroys the game. Skill not needed, only the amount of accounts you have is important (and for sure the time you need to play this).
In sports doping is forbidden but here EA accepts that some player use 5 -10 (or even more) accounts to feed their main account? What the hell?
This is totally ridicules and it is not understandable that EA/developers are not doing a **** against that. Although it is forbidden by game rules (like in each multiplayer ogame).
For what are the developers waiting? V1) That people stop playing CnC or V2) they hope that more people do the same to gain more money? (which is the logical consequence)…

From developers side, shall this “we don’t do a ****”-attitude be the overall end for this game?

I am very curious…

reine

PS: sorry for rough language, but hey this is a very serious matter!
Post edited by reinemachfrau on

Replies

• gamerdruid
    2786 posts Moderator
    Multi accounting has been common for years and discussed many times. The practical part of the issue is how do you prevent it? No acceptable solution has been found as, unlike many EA games, you don’t need to purchase the game to play.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • gamerdruid wrote: »
    Multi accounting has been common for years and discussed many times. The practical part of the issue is how do you prevent it? No acceptable solution has been found as, unlike many EA games, you don’t need to purchase the game to play.

i agree that it is hard to have an automatic recognizing. and you cant have people 24h watching the server.
    but some are very obvious, i mean with manual check.
    i am not talking about small guys having an unfunded alt to help themselves a bit (even that is not ok). I am talking about guys having shitloads of base kills feed by multi accounts. even without having access to the system (like an admin) this can be seen by normal players.

it must be in the interest of the developers that there is a stop for that.

• We are aware that there are players who are currently exploiting the game design in ways unintended by us. We are currently looking into ways to fix this.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • We are aware that there are players who are currently exploiting the game design in ways unintended by us. We are currently looking into ways to fix this.

hello EE,

thanks for your feedback. that is letting me looking forward positive.
    to annoy a bit, do you have a time line? :)
  • hello EE,

thanks for your feedback. that is letting me looking forward positive.
    to annoy a bit, do you have a time line? :)

I know everyone is hoping for good news, but no I don't. Sorry.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • easy check the isp of everyone
  • gamerdruid
    2786 posts Moderator
    Not so easy if you have multiple players in the same household. Or, as in the case of halls of residence in a college, the same ISP and master IP address. Or, in a shared environment such as an 'after-school' club, a computer room with multiple computers and multiple players.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • jwalker2018
    12 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    easy check the isp of everyone

Yeah, lets ban AT&T, so smart dude....

If developers go down the route of banning login from duplicate IP addresses (the obvious solution), then there is collateral damage that Druid has mentioned.
    is not so difficult people use VPN or something to get around it.

I would say use the experience of other games and how they have combat this problem. What do world of warcraft do ? I've never played it.

On a different note, Surely if you have an alliance of 50 'real' people, they should be doing better than an alliance with 25 real people + 25 alts ? struggling to see why the 50 real people would not be doing better ....

I have played morale worlds and alts are not very useful there. Maybe this can be a solution, Add morale to every server and tonnes of it.
    Post edited by jwalker2018 on
  • easy check the isp of everyone

Yeah, lets ban AT&T, so smart dude....

If developers go down the route of banning login from duplicate IP addresses (the obvious solution), then there is collateral damage that Druid has mentioned.
    is not so difficult people use VPN or something to get around it.

I would say use the experience of other games and how they have combat this problem. What do world of warcraft do ? I've never played it.

On a different note, Surely if you have an alliance of 50 'real' people, they should be doing better than an alliance with 25 real people + 25 alts ? struggling to see why the 50 real people would not be doing better ....

nope mate, they cant do better. because they dont feed each other. when someone has 5 alts and one main, he has 5 accounts to feed his main. no real player can achieve the resource income... you can see this on T37 at the moment. so you can have good 50 players and on the other side like 10-15 feeded accounts (which are much higher leveled)...
    I have played morale worlds and alts are not very useful there. Maybe this can be a solution, Add morale to every server and tonnes of it.
    sry dude, but morale worlds are no option. in general those worlds seem to be less fun, only if you like farming OPs, ok then its fun. But what the people like (killing bases) has only rudimentary role on such servers (imho). but ... if this is the only way to block multi accounters ...

i think this cant be done (as already said) by IP or such stuff.
    i think this can only be done, when someone from EA/CNC is checking the crazy people manually. i think it will be clear fast that there is something wrong.

• jwalker2018
    12 posts Member
    edited November 2018

nope mate, they cant do better. because they dont feed each other. when someone has 5 alts and one main, he has 5 accounts to feed his main. no real player can achieve the resource income... you can see this on T37 at the moment. so you can have good 50 players and on the other side like 10-15 feeded accounts (which are much higher leveled)...

wouldn't the Alts be of a very low level as they give all the resource away ? I'm thinking of the 50 as a whole. are you saying that even the alts are better than you guys ? what?

my question is very simple, we have two alliances , 50 each.

One alliance is 50 real people, other alliance is 25 real + 25 Alts.

With alts being sacrificial lambs and never fed, why would the 50 real people be ranked worse overall?

if we take it to the extreme, say we have 1 real guy and 49 alts, are you seriously telling me this guy will own the whole server and all real alliances? come on man...
  • let me repeat: it is not 1:1 main:alt. it is 1:up to 5-10 or more. maybe you see the alt theme too romantic ;)

things like having b4 like one week before good players makes a huge difference. and when an account is so much higher leveled, its more logical that real players become "one shoot". lets say when accounts are 30% higher, like it is right now. for sure the alts are worthless and easy to kill.

but somehow you are right, thats the hope. the real player are stronger together. but still the alt users can harm much.

beside this i dont see the motivation to multi account, i mean its not honorable. but ok, some have lower standards.

• jwalker2018
    12 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    ok looks like going deeper into it, things are changing :) so 1 Alt is ok? im guessing this number is ok because yourself and others in alliance have. that's good. No one has 5-10 Alts, its something you have possibly made up for exaggeration. Lets say someone does have 10 Alts, thats 5 real people in an alliance and 45 low ranked bad ones. if war they surely lose ?. it won't happen because the situation is pure fiction.
  • ok looks like going deeper into it, things are changing :) so 1 Alt is ok? im guessing this number is ok because yourself and others in alliance have. that's good. No one has 5-10 Alts, its something you have possibly made up for exaggeration. Lets say someone does have 10 Alts, thats 5 real people in an alliance and 45 low ranked bad ones. if war they surely lose ?. it won't happen because the situation is pure fiction.

why you try to under power this? it is not pure fiction. it was easy to see especially at server start. some not even try to hide their several multi accounts (same names). nothing is exaggerated, you have an account there, go and look it up. your talking make me think you are just one more multi trying to excuse this. (yes i can speak out suspicions too).

nope even one alt is not ok, you misinterpret me (by fault or by intention). and no, i dont use alt/s to push myself - my question to the developers was should the people start with that? because it seems there is no action against.
    I just wanted to point out that 1:1 is not the big thing atm. moreover, we are not talking about 1 single ally its several of them ("getting out of control").
    well, 5 guys having +30-40+% size of best players ... its not like they are easy to do. anyway i wrote up to 10+, not 10 in general.

even if, why should this be allowed anyway? this argument goes far away from discussion. somehow it seems you try to excuse this behavior, hope i am wrong with that.

• if one is not ok then why you have? delete it?
  • if one is not ok then why you have? delete it?

reading and understanding is not yours or?
    me wrote:
    and no, i dont use alt/s to push myself