EA Forums - Banner

Multiaccounting now part of the game?!?

Replies

• using alts for any other purpose such as filling holes and joining wings should be banned too as it gives advantages.
  • using alts for any other purpose such as filling holes and joining wings should be banned too as it gives advantages.

beside what you said is not the same league or even the same sport compared to account feeding ;) - you are right.

but yeah, who from Tib37 you are really ;)? which of the feeder, it stays just between me and you :D
  • gamerdruid
    3587 posts Moderator
    hmm - we're making no progress on this. Multi-accounting is accepted providing that know significant gain is made by the use of multi-accounts. On the other hand, no penalty from outside (EA/Envision) has been seen for this breach of the ToS/Rules.

It is what it is, we as players either join in or accept that those with multiple accounts can and will benefit more than single account players. There is no penalty being implemented so no matter how much we would wish the practice to stop, it won't.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • AlkalyneD4
    57 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Multiaccounts exists since years
    They started to feed their main account during 2 weeks, lot of players did the same thing to keep up with these guys, that wasn't a huge problem, after a month it become normal again.

Now players keep feeding their main during the whole server with 4/5 accounts sometime more, this is getting stupid, the only way to win is cheating with alts accounts to win a server.
    After 19 days, a player ranked top100 with more than 40 bases killed is 99% a multiaccount user, maybe there is some very very rare exceptions but not in players with more than 60 killed bases. Players that kill low level forgotten are not in top100.

How many verified multiaccount users in top100 ? 40 and some have mains 2 times bigger than normal players.
    5h6ocp38hn81.png

Good players can win against players that use 1 multi accounts, players with 1 multiaccount only few times are difficult to detect, but who care, they are not a problem.
    The problem is other players, those who are obvious and kill the game.
    Some online games you can get a definitive ban for sending ressources from one account to another with same IP only 1 time, we are very far from this.
    It's like playing a FPS game with aimbotter, if no one is banned players leave.

Players don't ask for fix, players don't ask to ban players that violate 1 or 2 rules since no one respect rules on this game (https://www.tiberiumalliances.com/rules),
    Players just don't want to play with those 20 players that abuse and kill the fun.

If you don't want to ban any cheaters can you make an official announcement to say that cheating is allowed ?
    So I can start to create a script that auto upgrade alts accounts for my team next world. Thanks.
    In the current state I'm not sure to finish this world, we have very good players, but we can't do anything against alliances full of cheaters. This game is dying because of this.
    AlkalyneD4, cnc-map.com/ccta-stats.com developer
  • I have 4 accounts that I play. They are all my accounts, yet, the difficulties I have logging on to each account has cost me more time and financial losses than I care to discuss. If EA wants to roll all those account funds into one single account, talk to me, I'd be happy to fund only a single account, it would make the mrs happy and EA not so happy but I'm all for it. 1st, someone explain to me how having multiple accounts is harmful, then explain how I can use them to feed my main account? If there's an exploit out there and you know about it, do share. If your referring to moving accounts around from alliance to alliance to grow them, well, if you can manage it, so be it. What I'd like to see is the alliances that succeed at hitting the fortress being forced to leave the server after they've accomplished their mission, not the alliance per se, the players in that alliance. That mission being the destruction of the fortress, therein lies the problem. The 1st team that destroys the fortress takes control of the server and decides who goes next and so on and on and on etc., blah, blah, blah. The reason they don't abandon the server voluntarily is due to once their alliance disappears, so does the fortress stat info. If a team takes the fort as the # 1 team, they should remain in the "hall of fame" for all eternity. Every alliance should have to "earn" their badge on their own and not be subjected to an "fort team" that dictates who gets a badge and who doesn't. That's not what I spend $$$ for and I'm sure many others can relate, through battle, diplomacy, treachery and players should NOT be punished for fulfilling the games intended purpose. You already took away most incentives for PvP. This is a beefed up version of farm-ville (sorry, never played farmville and never will). Why not give ... and I'm gonna hate myself in the morning for even suggesting it ...if and alliance is drawn into PvP, doesn't matter who or what initiated it, if I'm attacking an enemy base and I can destroy it, why not offer up the option to "capture" the base instead of destroying it. I get to keep it for 24 or 48 hrs depending on the capture time and yes, that creates another exploit opportunity so work out the mechanics/glitches and let the rewards of the base resource production go to the battle victor and STOP punishing players for fulfilling the games purpose.
    FYI, the game is not dying because of cheaters, the game is dying because of ..well, at the risk of being tossed back in EA/Envision Jail ...GREED ...by EA and the developers including Envision, I've lost more TA funds than a little bit due to all of these "server" maintenance and "patch" issues that have resulted in days upon days of down-time, I buy blocks of CP/RT and resources on 30 day cycles, not 29, not 28, not 25...I think you get the picture...those pennies add up to millions of dollars in someones pocket and I end up losing a lot of resources, not to mention servers and "the pursuit of happyness". Further, EA/Envision employees/executives/developers have the "perk" of being allowed to play the game, why? and how can you possibly convince me that that is in any way, shape or form fair? Your starting out with a 100,000 CP/RT advantage or more.
  • and by all means, make a liar out of me please !!!!
  • jwalker2018
    12 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    This discussion reminds me when a Brazilian sprinter with better designed blades beat Oscar Pistorius and Oscar became very angry. Many who have commenting here use Alts for many other purposes. . If the Alliance act as a team, there would be no problem to beat Alts but many ppl are selfish and won't sacrifice themselves for the greater Alliance good. Alts on the other hand, will.

Is quite funny that Alkalyne's list there contains people from 'reinemachfrau' alliance. so now Alkalyne is complaining about 'normal' players being too 'good' ? They can't both be right.
  • gamerdruid
    3587 posts Moderator
    edited November 2018
    and by all means, make a liar out of me please !!!!

I doubt that there is anything anyone can say (including Envision and EA employees) that will convince you that some of what you say is plainly wrong.

The inclusion of the discussion about the purpose of the game, that of killing the fortress, in your reasoning is a side issue to the discussion about the use and abuse of a large number of alts. (Without delving too much into the discussion, killing the fortress is not the purpose for many players, controlling the world is. It is a 'King of the Hill' type game.)

The inclusion of a slur against EA/Envision staff without any evidence (you're never going to be able to prove your statements) is also a side issue. Assurances from them would be met with a statement of disbelief. They don't handle outages well, especially ones where EA are to blame. They do not create the outages deliberately, however. Any gain financially will be difficult for anyone to show and I very much doubt that they do.

My understanding of how the games industry works is that a development team is contracted to develop the game and the financing of that is done via contract, not by purchases from players.

No-one denies that there is abuse of the use of alternative accounts. No-one has found a viable way of preventing it. Similarly, no-one has found a way of preventing the mass sharing of accounts.
  • I would like to see again the possibility to farm multi-accounts. Since different form of exploits are allowed why not bring back farming of these multi-accounts??
  • I am sure that is an attempt at humour. :p:p
  • Further, EA/Envision employees/executives/developers have the "perk" of being allowed to play the game, why? and how can you possibly convince me that that is in any way, shape or form fair? Your starting out with a 100,000 CP/RT advantage or more.

Well I can certainly say that this is plain wrong. Developers have no advantage over normal players. We have only regular player accounts on production worlds, so no added bonuses of any kind.
    I assume you are referring to the Public Test Environment world here. However everyone can acquire unlimited CP there, this was made to accelerate testing. In the past also Repair Time.

I wouldn't go as far as calling you a liar, tho.
    I am not going to discuss any exploits here, there is no need to incentivize players needlessly to violate the rules and fair play. We are currently seeing players gaining an unfair advantage by using multiple accounts however and we intend to act on that.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • AlkalyneD4
    57 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    someone explain to me how having multiple accounts is harmful, then explain how I can use them to feed my main account
    If you really don't know who to feed your main with alts, then you are not the problem we are talking about here.
    Is quite funny that Alkalyne's list there contains people from 'reinemachfrau' alliance. so now Alkalyne is complaining about 'normal' players being too 'good' ?
    Like I said, there is normal players that play without alts, players that play with 1 alt, and players that abuse by doing an alliance with 10 players and 40 alts (not a joke).

If a lot of players complain about Tib37 it's only because there is too many players of the last category, and the only reason is because they are not afraid of being banned, next world can be worse if they is no action.

Some players play alone with lot of account since years because they have fun using multiple accounts, I have never seen a complain about this type of players on the forum.
    Some just play with lot of alts in group to be sure to win the server no matter how good are the ennemy, and that's cheating.

And btw this is the same screen with alliances
    dnlqbqkwm4g0.png

On this world it's yellow vs others (except the one in quantum that's another alliance)
    I'm sure you can see on which side there is a problem

Post edited by AlkalyneD4 on
  • ok so the take home point here is that 'AlkallyneD4' and 'reinemachfrau' are the best players in the game, and if those people in the list he printed didn't have alts, they would be struggling to know how to play the game... They wouldn't even try to adapt either and just quit completely.
  • AlkalyneD4
    57 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    ok so the take home point here is that 'AlkallyneD4' and 'reinemachfrau' are the best players in the game, and if those people in the list he printed didn't have alts, they would be struggling to know how to play the game... They wouldn't even try to adapt either and just quit completely.

Why do you comment with a fake account ? you are one of the player that is abusing on this list, I don't understand why you don't comment with your real account if you think it's legit to play like that

If you are good enough without alts, why do you feed your main with alts then, and I never talked about good or bad players, actually the problem are good players, I know bad players that play with lot of account but don't disturb other players because they are too bad

You look like a kid hiding behind a fake account (another one) that is afraid to be banned .
    Say with your real account why you want alts to be allowed, not saying stupid things like "Lol it's impossible lets ban AT&T" behind a fake account
  • jwalker2018
    12 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    banning a major usa ISP is a good idea ? god i give up, enjoy your game lol.
    I'm not actually playing this server, waiting for next one, I just interested in the arguments and the arguments so far are awful.

It's called freedom of speech.

you print out a list of everyone cheating and surprise surprise, it is everyone that is just above you... hmm.

• AlkalyneD4
    57 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    banning a major usa ISP is a good idea ? god i give up, enjoy your game lol.
    I'm not actually playing this server, waiting for next one, I just interested in the arguments and the arguments so far are awful.

It's called freedom of speech.

you print out a list of everyone cheating and surprise surprise, it is everyone that is just above you... hmm.

Ok, you are not playing the Tib37, Oh I see you on my screen, what a surprise. you are funny

I have 33 forgotten kill something like that, I took 40 as an example saying that there could be rare exception, but I guess you are not one since you continue to hide behind your fake account lying to everyone.
    And if you can read you will see I'm don't care about players that have 40, 50, 60 bases kills, that's not a problem, you are not a problem

*edited to remove username as the person in question didn't want to be mentioned here.

Post edited by MorningTimeCloud on
  • not me , but happy for him to take blame :)
  • Oh yeah... the players who are in their alliances in many worlds we use multi-accounts now, then complain to other))) very fun to watch
  • AlkalyneD4
    57 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    not me , but happy for him to take blame :)
    You don't need to say it, I just know 100% that it's you, no need to try another lie, and BTW no need to hide
  • Smild30 wrote: »
    Oh yeah... the players who are in their alliances in many worlds we use multi-accounts now, then complain to other))) very fun to watch

lol yep