EA Forums - Banner

delete my account

Prev1
Hi i would like to get my account deletet.

Replies

• gamerdruid
    2782 posts Moderator
    You would need to contact ea.com/help
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • methuselah
    368 posts Senior Moderator
    Or just no.
  • won't happen, besides the obvious fact that EA doesn't support this game, no one will delete accounts.
  • methuselah
    I'm not sure if "EA doesn't support" means Envision supports or if it means no one supports. If the former then ignore me, if the latter that isn't true or fair. In this games heyday when it was young they did not delete accounts. Seems like there was a reason for that although I can't recall what it was but the reality is you can just not log in, this isn't hard.
  • EA = Electronic Arts
  • methuselah
    I understand what it means but often here in the forums EA is used to refer to basically everything you know what I mean?

Just wanted to be clear. EA still supports fund wise for example although even that can be challenging. Also I believe the forums are fully under EA's umbrellas.

Probably some other stuff as well ;)
  • gamerdruid
    2782 posts Moderator
    methuselah wrote: »

They still retain the money! The payment to the various service providers and server farms are paid for by them, as I understand it.
  • Soixie wrote: »
    won't happen, besides the obvious fact that EA doesn't support this game, no one will delete accounts.
    Wrong, a big wrong! I requested for an account deletion regarding my alternate account so that I would overwrite my account. The problem is that account deletion is slow and I'm waiting in a queue. I don't know if I'm 3rd, 5th or 8th, etc...

It might take a while before I could start a fresh account with no achievements or worlds.
    gamerdruid wrote: »
    They still retain the money! The payment to the various service providers and server farms are paid for by them, as I understand it.
    I believe that EA still has the money to maintain all those servers, from C&C Rivals, to Tiberium Alliances and other stuff. If they had money, why then did they ignore TA and outright create C&C Rivals? Is TA's rating poor? I happen to like its game-play style, world view and multiple resources. The only downside is that its slow to earn cash and slow at growth. I proposed mixing both C&C Rivals and TA's play-style, but nobody seems to have cared (or viewed)

• gamerdruid
    2782 posts Moderator

It might take a while before I could start a fresh account with no achievements or worlds.
    There is nothing stopping you creating a new account. Even if they do delete the account, there is not certainty that the same user ID would be available. Just log on to origin to create a new account (it's what people with multiple alts do!) and use a new email address.

• Soixie
    392 posts Member
    edited January 20
    I understand what it means but often here in the forums EA is used to refer to basically everything you know what I mean?

Just wanted to be clear. EA still supports fund wise for example although even that can be challenging. Also I believe the forums are fully under EA's umbrellas.

Seems we have different definitions of support, or you're making some sort of sick joke as this is common knowledge;

The physical payments to 3rd party vendors regarding server hosting comes from EA. EA also manages the collection of payments, but does not actively support that system that as it has been outsourced. EA will discuss credit card problems through their customer service line or email, but only in so far as to "take your information", you shall not be provided any resolution. EA will discuss your Origins account, but will not discuss it's interaction to this game, customer service representatives are in fact trained to tell callers they have nothing to do with this game and are unable to assist. The current business model for this game is that it is 100% self sustaining, period. Envision receives a commission from EA to ensure continuity, but that is the extent of EA's involvement.

EA provides no direct support to players for this game on any level. EA shall instruct 100% of all inquiries to this message board for any in-game problems of any kind, which is managed and ran solely by Envision developers.

If anyone believes differently, they're delusional or you had some anomaly interaction with a service rep in clear violation of EA customer support policy.
  • gamerdruid wrote: »
    There is nothing stopping you creating a new account. Even if they do delete the account, there is not certainty that the same user ID would be available. Just log on to origin to create a new account (it's what people with multiple alts do!) and use a new email address.
    I prefer using my old email address, the same one I used for my alt account. The only purpose for my alt is to access both GDI and Nod on the same world. It allows me to use any unit and have them attack in succession against a base, like one after another in an alternating fashion. I figured out it was too tasking to control 2 accounts at the same time as I end up slowing down in rank.
    If its possible to overwrite an account instead of asking to delete it and create a new one, please let me know.

• gamerdruid
    2782 posts Moderator
    I don't know if it's possible to overwrite an account.

However, try this:

Set up a 2 temp emails

Log onto account 1 that you wish to 'close' with it's current valid email, change the email address to temp email 1

Create now account - name won't be the same but can be very similar. Use the old valid email for this account. If it works, proceed to next step!

Log onto account 2 that you wish to 'close' with it's current valid email, change the email address to temp email 2

Create 2nd new account - similar name to account2 and use email from old account 2.

I have no idea if this will work or if it will recognise the email addresses have previously been used.
  • methuselah
    Soixie wrote: »
    Seems we have different definitions of support, or you're making some sort of sick joke as this is common knowledge

I made no mention of quality of support only the areas where EA is responsible for current support of the game versus the stuff Envision does.

• why bother deleting account? when you can just SELL it .... there are alot of people who buy accounts given you have top ranked accounts.
  • methuselah
    Selling an account is a violation of the Terms of Service. If someone turns you in for selling or buying the account it will be terminated.
  • Shinerplunderer
    181 posts Member
    edited January 30
    wefio435 wrote: »
    why bother deleting account? when you can just SELL it .... there are alot of people who buy accounts given you have top ranked accounts.
    Like what, sell it in the black market? I don't know if there is any proper way of selling an account without exposing both the password and the E mail address.
    I'd rather create a new account with a similar E mail address. I got an E mail address after my cousin made one for some requirements for passport renewal. Its very similar to my old one, but it contains my full name and has no numbers.

On an unrelated topic, what's the next "regular world" being planned? Is it a wrath, tiberian or firestorm with either malus and/or forgotten attacks?
    Its the only reason why I will make a new account, so that I can start fresh with no achievements or access to veteran worlds. Right now I am making a new account, everything is done but the username. I am somewhat slow at providing usernames.
    Post edited by Shinerplunderer on
  • gamerdruid
    2782 posts Moderator
    edited January 30
    The next regular world has not been announced, therefore it's type hasn't been announced either. My expectation based on experience is that it may be a while before a new world appears as they are working on the getting patch 19.1 ready to deploy. That deployment is likely to be in mid February (going by the bugs we're finding on the PTE) so a new world could be late February. I could also be very wrong!!!
  • The new world your talking about might be from late february (best result) to mid march (if some problems are being fixed). I may as well see what's being prepared in the PTE using my new account. If you can find it, why not message me in PTE. My new account Starts with an E, has 3 E's, 2 A's and 2 I's. You might just be able to find me.
  • Hello commanders,

like @gamerdruid said, we are about to finalize the next Patch. We think we can patch sooner rather than later, meaning that the next WCS is close. That would be our next planned World to be started. Once 19.1 is out.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison