EA Forums - Banner

Defense missing

Prev1
Since the new patch, Done today. On 101W some of my bases have lost their defense. So the forgotten attacks get straight through to the main base. As there is nothing there to stop it.

Replies

• This is happening to multi accounts on 101W. Some of these bases have stored Tib and Crystal in them. That have been saved for months. Some as much as 50 T. How would this be refunded if this glitch takes it?
  • six attacks on one base without any Defense. These bases are going to start to be wiped out.
  • Anyone looking into this?
  • My defensive structures are also missing on my setup. Who do we contact about this to fix it ? I feel like this is akin to stealing for those of us who use money to purchase resources.
  • gamerdruid
    2544 posts Moderator
    edited February 13
    @6TheGhost7 are you on W101, the same world or a different one?

I'll draw the attention of @EE_Elephterion to this thread and he will probably investigate tomorrow (Thursday).
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • W85 as well.
  • Add W104 to that list as well 5 lvl 65 bases.. ****
  • and W100 3 more bases and it appears random only some of the bases showed no defences while others had them...
  • Now I see what happened, no Defence HQ means defences units are no longer active....
  • gamerdruid
    2544 posts Moderator
    edited February 14
    Welcome to 19.1 - no def HQ is no longer allowed.
    Closed a loophole that allowed to field Offense and Defense units with a higher level than their Offense/Defense-HQ. Doing so now will disable the unit until level parity has been restored.
  • Why is this new rule being rolled out. Is it necessary to do so. Each change is effective the way the game is played. It seams that the player is the looser each time this happens.
    Sub accounts which we have lost control of due to a previous patch. That don't have a Defense HQ will be taken out by forgotten attack. With absolutely no way of repairing them, Or now changing the layout to stop this happening.

Thanks for making the game better for us!
  • Soixie
    392 posts Member
    edited February 14
    Players exploiting game code by deleting their DHQ and DF (or selling/rebuilding to level 25) are now complaining they are getting railroaded as having no defense?

Perhaps you shouldn't have exploited the game to begin with. Or better yet, perhaps you should have read the patch description and warning that has been available to all players since December and built up your DHQ and DF to protect yourselves.
  • Soixie
    101W is an old world. DF were sold as base Defense levels were at maximum levels. I know nothing about an type of exploitation of the game.
    With regards reading patch notes. Even reading the notes would of made any difference. As the problem is having lost the control to change a layout. This was lost to a sub accounts months ago. We are currently putting together a fort run. In memory of a player who died, which contributed so much to our alliance. The new patch hasn't helped our plans to do this. As the world is partly inactive, Where subs have been pasted on to keep Alliances alive. Also badging the last active players on that world.

The game should be improving over the years. All i see is the demise of the game. Accounts loosing 50T of Tib and crystal is nothing but a joke. This maybe a free game to play. But some add funds to enjoy enhanced game play. With out the countless hours of time also spent invested in building up the accounts.
  • Updates to the game are performed for the betterment of the community as a whole and this exploit was a big one. Yes, there are a few players who decided to take advantage of this exploit and their accounts shall be effectively reduced to ruins if for some reason they are unable to rebalance their bases correctly. The fact that a few subs on older never enacted "the ability to sell" or "upgrade" is an unfortunate byproduct, but correcting a 7 year old exploit across 100+ servers far outweighs 50T of Tib on a random sub somewhere. Resources that should have been spent upgrading bases. I feel you, but the exploit was much greater than your world.
  • The updates may stop the exploiters from using loop holes to gain an advantage. But these kind of restrictions, Are changing the game in a detrimental way. You may think its an improvement but this kind of upgrades are slowly killing off the game. Its just another in a long line of changes that have effected established worlds.
    Players that have remained on old server for many years, Have assisted other to gain a badge. Which helps keep them still in the game. Thus being there for future world being launched.
    Over night this half considered patch has just killed off many sub accounts that were being used to assist
    many low level accounts to finish their game.
    Your mistaken if you think this will only effect a few sub accounts. And as for my resources i believe that my concern when and if i chose to spend them. Stealing them off us isn't a way you should be considering good customer service.
  • Soixie
    392 posts Member
    edited February 15
    Less than 1% were affected and the exploit has been known for 7 years. I suggest you reread the EULA, where it states with crystal clarity in multiple locations this style of game play is disallowed. These accounts getting wiped off the map was the least of the owners concerns since they qualified for deletion/ban. The alternative solution was far more amicable; simply 'disable' the defenses as a slap on the wrist and a wake up call.

• > @rushhhhhh said:
    > Anyone looking into this?

After spending hrs trying to reach a solution and speaking to 3 EA Advisors, nothing was accomplished. I just kept getting bounced around from one dept to another, ignored or placed on hold for long periods. I have played this game for several years and it stings knowing that nothing will come of it. I recommend anyone who spent cash, such as myself, to file chargebacks with either paypal or credit card issuers . All I was offered was a 15% discount code off my next purchase but who in their right mind would waste money with EA ever again after this when they will just steal it right back thanks to these site issues ?
  • EA advisors, despite their title, do not have the access to the game to accomplish anything. The support for the game is provided by Envision Entertainment via these forums.
  • Soixie
    392 posts Member
    edited February 17
    6TheGhost7 wrote: »
    > @rushhhhhh said:
    > Anyone looking into this?

After spending hrs trying to reach a solution and speaking to 3 EA Advisors, nothing was accomplished. I just kept getting bounced around from one dept to another, ignored or placed on hold for long periods. I have played this game for several years and it stings knowing that nothing will come of it. I recommend anyone who spent cash, such as myself, to file chargebacks with either paypal or credit card issuers . All I was offered was a 15% discount code off my next purchase but who in their right mind would waste money with EA ever again after this when they will just steal it right back thanks to these site issues ?

Can't tell if you're trolling or simply that naive at this point. You and others were exploiting a known game bug (violation of TOS / EULA), the game was patched to repair said game bug and notifications to the community were provided months ago as a warning. You got caught with your pants down and lost a few bases. You shall not be compensated, rewarded or have your bases restored.

The 15% coupon EA offered is pretty standard and a general customer service offer available to anyone that calls in. No one is investigating anything. Chalk it up to an learning curve and game on!

• gamerdruid
    2544 posts Moderator
    edited February 17
    After a little testing - there is a bug!

A level 1 unit in NOD or GDI with no repair building is disabled, a level 2 or above is not. I've been able to reproduce this (except GDI air as I've not progressed far enough) on Tib38.

Edit:
    Not all worlds have the bug, but many I've tested do. I can confirm GDI air does happen -is disabled- the same as other units) http://prntscr.com/mmce4i
    Post edited by gamerdruid on