EA Forums - Banner

Alliance description error

Tib 36. When I set a second commander, the autofill section of the alliance description lists the second commander as cic. Tried with multiple players and the result is the same. Actual cic only listed if the is no one placed as sic.

Replies

• gamerdruid
    2445 posts Moderator
    edited February 13
    Could the ranking of the cic be determining a place on the list? CiC/SiC have same powers so probably the system isn't distinguishing between them. On the PTE where 19.1 has been around for a while, it seems the cic listed is the highest rank.

After a little more testing it seems that it is the most recent player to be set to either SiC or CiC that is listed in the alliance description section.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • My tests have shown that the last player who joined the alliance and got promoted to either CIC or SIC is shown as CIC in the alliance tab.
    It's not the player who most recently got promoted to CIC and independent of ranking or alphabet.
  • gamerdruid
    2445 posts Moderator
    Without going back to the PTE and creating a new alliance and have players join and promote them in a different order it will be difficult for me to test - the point being whatever system is used, it makes less sense than having the longest serving CiC/SiC listed.
  • Thanks for the replies. I will fiddle with the permissions and update on what happens. It is really not a big issue as proper command order can be typed out manually in the section that can be edited.
  • We will address this in a hotfix i think, before the next big update rolls around.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • gamerdruid
    2445 posts Moderator
    The roll out to older worlds seems to have thrown up a BUG!

If an alliance has already killed the fortress (ie has a badge) then the CiC information in the splash screen about the alliance is missing. I have confirmed this on old world 26, world 77, world 99, tib13 and Firestorm 7. If others have noticed this bug, please add to the list of worlds where it is happening. Note, it is only those alliances that are listed in the Hall of Fame that seem to be missing the cic information.
  • gamerdruid wrote: »
    The roll out to older worlds seems to have thrown up a BUG!

I'm confused, has 19.1 been distributed 100% yet?

• gamerdruid
    2445 posts Moderator
    edited February 15
    Yes, as of Wednesday 14th February, close of business all worlds have 19.1

You can see which patch is install in the lower right corner of the screen when on a world.

Patch 19.1 is installed, some 'features' are however not enabled as you, EE_Elephterion and I have repeated many times on here.
  • ty, I see it. About to steamroll a few players.
  • Hi got the same prob, when i'm the leader , so the cic , why is my sic (second commandor) the leader ?????

prntscr.com/mllxxu

http://prntscr.com/mllznb
  • gamerdruid
    2445 posts Moderator
    edited February 15
    This has happened because there is a bug! They will fix it in time.

On this page about 10 posts up are a number of possible explanations about the bug, but until it is fixed simply write who to contact in the alliance description as you have always done.