EA Forums - Banner

WCS 2019 Ruleset

Replies

• Forgotten Attacks - Morale active
    Or look at other polls too - there is one in the German forum, not inhabited (yet) by 2nd accounts votes.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Forgotten Attacks - NO Morale
    Most of the accounts you can see here voting I recall seeing on one of the last competitive world's, most even have badges. The most active forum posters, on the other hand, have not played or won any recent competitive worlds. And the idea of only asking German forum users is just hilarious.
    Maybe count votes of players that can participate in wcs, that is, have a badge. That guarantees enough activity and is as representative as it gets.
    Forgotten Attacks - NO Morale
  • gamerdruid
    4254 posts Moderator
    Forgotten Attacks - Morale active
    p0ir_r0tt wrote: »
    . And the idea of only asking German forum users is just hilarious.
    I did not suggest asking only the users of the German forum, merely suggesting that if this one is overrun by 2nd accounts then the other poll they are conducting maybe more representative.

• EE_Elephterion
    1814 posts Envision Developer
    edited February 2019
    tokenting wrote: »
    or the simpler answer is : majority of people don't like morale and FB attacks together. A poll was done and Democracy won...

It was never stated that this would be compulsory for us. The small fracture of forum users are hardly representative of the entire player base. It's merely to gauge the interest.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • gamerdruid
    4254 posts Moderator
    edited February 2019
    Polls (aka Referendum in other spheres) can be dangerous if they don't go as expected. Ask those in politics in the UK :smile:

One option not asked - NOD V GDI or regular mixed alliances......
    gamerdruid wrote: »
    p0ir_r0tt wrote: »
    . And the idea of only asking German forum users is just hilarious.
    I did not suggest asking only the users of the German forum, merely suggesting that if this one is overrun by 2nd accounts then the other poll they are conducting maybe more representative.
    It is only representative of german speaking users. Proposing to ignore this poll, and only count german speaking users is hilarious.
  • gamerdruid
    4254 posts Moderator
    You obviously misunderstood my meaning - it wasn't to ignore this poll only to remember it is not representative if it is biased because of 2nd accounts. As it is only to be treated as a small part of the guide on what to put on the WCS it doesn't really matter either way - they (Envision) will decide!
    Gamerdruid, you make accusations of cheating without any evidence. They did this also in the UK referendum when democracy was served. It's ok , do your second referendum in the german forums I am telling you that [FB Attack] is more popular than [FB Attack & Morale].
    I prefer a forgotten attacks world with morale

AngiSx
    Forgotten attacks with morals ;)
  • pep823
    5 posts New member
    NO Forgotten Attacks - NO Morale
    [quote="Scorpio001;c-2050520"]Forgotten attacks with morals ;) [/quote] Tu eres malo en cualquier mundo hahahaha
    Now that they limit the use of the multiple accounts in the game the new ultilidade is to influence the result of the votes in the forum hahahahahah :P
  • It would be nice if WCS could rotate between different rulesets every year. So if Forgotten Attacks + Morale is used one year, then next year it could be No Forgotten Attacks + Morale, then Forgotten Attacks + No Morale, etc. Of course, one could always do it so that majority opinion always wins. But then alliances will hijack the forum to push for the ruleset they think is most favorable to them. By simply rotating the rulesets, alliances will just have to adapt their strategy each year to compete, or choose to skip it if they feel they cannot win^^
  • Other
    Forgotten Attacks - NO Morale and NO Simulated outcome.
    Dayom, now ya'll calling out the use of multies on a poll, too? This is becoming a joke lol. Why don't you check the email/ip of those that voted to see if they came from same source before you make assumptions.
    Anyway, I vote for FA without Morale.
    > @Master161822 said:
    > It would be nice if WCS could rotate between different rulesets every year. So if Forgotten Attacks + Morale is used one year, then next year it could be No Forgotten Attacks + Morale, then Forgotten Attacks + No Morale, etc. Of course, one could always do it so that majority opinion always wins. But then alliances will hijack the forum to push for the ruleset they think is most favorable to them. By simply rotating the rulesets, alliances will just have to adapt their strategy each year to compete, or choose to skip it if they feel they cannot win^^

I don't think so. The hardest ruleset should be on wcs, because it should be a fight between the best players on the hardest rules. And I think the hardest rules are FA with Morale.
  • @alexkt03 FA with morale is challenging from a pure technical perspective. But the other rulesets also have their own challenges, and they require different strategies and game styles to be successful. An alliance that only plays FA may struggle in a classic server, and vice versa. Same for alliances that have good strategies to win in no-morale worlds but may do poorly when there's high morale. What I don't like is that all the recent WCSs have always been FA, and last year also had morale. The Devs should switch it up every year to make sure all players have an opportunity to play WCS with the ruleset they enjoy.

If you are a "best" player or top alliance, you should be able to adapt to a changing rotation of rulesets in WCS, some favorable to your alliance & game style and some not.

I have no opinion on what this year's WCS should be^^ My view is only that the same ruleset used this year shouldn't be used in the next WCS.
  • Other
    I want to see the players who "boast" playing a championship without attack simulations! True value, consists in understanding the "mechanics" of the game and application! Most want an aggressive game, let "developers" give them what they need ... eventually some "infected bonuses" ...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.