EA Forums - Banner

Patch 19.1

Replies

  • Master161822
    21 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    @gamerdruid Sorry, by testing, I wasn't referring to PTE. I meant implementing it on regular servers and then testing whether it solves the problem of multi-accounts while still preserving the team play concept of the game that many players enjoy.

    I believe it will, for the reasons stated. But if you are right and teams wait for the time to elapse and then continue to use the multi-account exploit, this will quickly become apparent. Then the Devs can make adjustments and make the time longer. Start with two weeks for example and then increase to three or four if that doesn't work. It may take a couple servers to get the balance right, but that's a small price to pay for addressing a problem without ruining the game for everyone else.

    Also, your statement "the loot gained on killing the CY is reduced, but not during the phase where you kill the rest of the base" is not correct from what I've seen. There's a separate thread in the forum on this. Although some guys are saying it's a bug in the patch that reduces the amount of resources you get in any attack if more than one player hits the base.
  • gamerdruid wrote: »
    How would you propose the developers test before putting it onto a live production world?
    Well maybe I got myself wrong. I once did it on other worlds beside Tiberian 35, but they didn't usually last long; and the only way of testing whether or not it will work is to modify the PTE on the next reset so that it acts like a regular world. One starts at lvl 1, no surplus resources and only debug console allowed in regards to repair time, CP and move recovery.
    Other than that, players may as well have to see it for themselves if they're willing to risk playing more than 1 account in exchange for a higher amount of maintenance.

  • You could test it on the PTE if you could find some players who might be willing to be guinea pigs and play multiple accounts. See if they can keep up with all the accounts for a few weeks and then get their feedback on how hard or easy it is.
  • gamerdruid
    3960 posts Moderator
    The PTE is open to everyone and the changes for patch 19.1 implemented for around 4 weeks before being rolled out to Tib 38.

    The current PTE isn't going to be much help though, as all bases start at level 60 to test endgame changes.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Oh I see. I didn't know how the PTE works I figurd it was set up like a normal server. Could you start a new PTE to test possible fixes to the patch?
  • gamerdruid
    3960 posts Moderator
    The current PTE, and all PTE's, are set up by the developers for their testing. If fixes are to be implemented, or changes, then they are tested first on the PTE and they get some feedback from the players. Often though it is the developers seeing data in logs about an issue that alerts them to the need for modifications. They can simulate a lot before it goes public on the PTE, but they don't have the ability to have 100-150 players playing at once and interacting.

    I can't set up a server - and I doubt they will as this one only started yesterday. If they need to fix changes implemented in 19.1 (in their view) then in due course it will be rolled out to the PTE for testing.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Right now, I stopped playing in the PTE using multiple accounts. It is just too hard to 'balance' 2 accounts. What I meant by balance, I mean that the production rate of every resource must match the production rate of the other account for the respective base. It is usually easy for the 1st base, cause the layout is virtually the same. The 2nd one and so on becomes insanely difficult. You have to choose similar if not identical layouts, otherwise its going to be hard to sync them.

    Getting similar, if not identical RP is also an issue to this. I may as well play them de-synced and at different times. Also Nod seems to lack an anti-infantry option for advanced units. The only ones that count are the confessors and avatars - it is humorous to squish soldiers by running them over with a 15 foot mechanical giant.
  • hope we still talk about patch 19.1 ;).. have to say, that allowing to attack base from same alliance is AN BAD IDEA, as you can easy make 2 alliances and for first 2 weeks use like 30% of members as alts. So, only option, that could be somehow as an addition or improvement is starting time (same 2 weeks for example)
  • bambaalis wrote: »
    have to say, that allowing to attack base from same alliance is A BAD IDEA, as you can easy make 2 alliances and for first 2 weeks use like 30% of members as alts.
    One alliance is more than enough to take down a base. I was stating about base stealing. You managed to weaken a base your planning to take but have to wait like 20 minutes to claim what's left of the base, then another alliance steals it from you. This is very infuriating, the alliance I joined in Tiberian 38 had at least 5 stolen bases within reach of at most 2 members. The rest of the alliance was simply too far to reach it in time.
  • zaklaxton
    8 posts New member
    > I agree it is not perfect, but there seems to be many misconceptions around the new rules too. The loot gained on killing the CY is reduced, but not during the phase where you kill the rest of the base. So, kill everything except the CY as a team! You can still make progress.

    yeah this would be great if thats how it actually worked but it doesn't. Its supposed to be that way but if you actually are attacking the second anyone else hits the base to help you, you BOTH start getting drastically reduced crystal returns to repair units every attack and MUCH less RP for researching
  • Was 19.1 patch addressed against multi-accounting and not team play? If so, when it comes to old economy servers, does multi-accounting happen that often? I would wish for these changes reverted and have a mix of old and new economies. The power is increased in production and majority of the resources comes from attacking forgotten bases/outposts/camps. To deter multi-accounters, lets make attacking forgotten bases harder! Both offense and defense units have a 50% increase in numbers. So instead of 200/300 unit points max on offense/defense, it would be 300/450. Also the defense layout increases from 9 by 8 to 9 by 11.
  • I think the patch itself is really good ... there is only a small adjustment needed. No multi accounting is better for the game, so this fact should stay.
    The teamplay idea has to be brought back. To reach this I would just give all left resources to the attacking players without loosing any. But to make alts still useless it has to be given to each attacking player. How much everyone gets depends on the damage he dealt.
    That makes sure attacking pays out for every raidpartner.
  • zaklaxton
    8 posts New member
    > @Salmoranes said:
    > I think the patch itself is really good ... there is only a small adjustment needed. No multi accounting is better for the game, so this fact should stay.
    > The teamplay idea has to be brought back. To reach this I would just give all left resources to the attacking players without loosing any. But to make alts still useless it has to be given to each attacking player. How much everyone gets depends on the damage he dealt.
    > That makes sure attacking pays out for every raidpartner.

    this is actually one of the better ideas i've seen. spread the loot through the people who attacked the base depending on how much damage they did.
  • zaklaxton wrote: »
    > @Salmoranes said:
    > I think the patch itself is really good ... there is only a small adjustment needed. No multi accounting is better for the game, so this fact should stay.
    > The teamplay idea has to be brought back. To reach this I would just give all left resources to the attacking players without loosing any. But to make alts still useless it has to be given to each attacking player. How much everyone gets depends on the damage he dealt.
    > That makes sure attacking pays out for every raidpartner.

    this is actually one of the better ideas i've seen. spread the loot through the people who attacked the base depending on how much damage they did.

    this is what the people wanted from the beginning ;) but somehow this got lost and the resources went to the ashes.
    imho best still, because it keeps the multi playing hard but gives back the teamplay.
  • Hows about having the resources focused on base raids and outpost hunting? I read that in the old world, resources come from raiding. Also make it more harder to hunt for bases. It would make said looted resources more rewarding. Players who multi-account have it easy, why not give them a hard whammer with this.
  • Well, as English is not my native language and some of my players had problems to understand what my idea was I will try to give an example to clarify.

    Maybe also interesting for the devs @EE_Elephterion

    Situation before patch19: player A + B raid together a hard base and kill all the defense without killing base buildings. Then player C does the final hit and kills CY. Player C gets all resources from the base. Player A+B get nothing out of the base.

    Same situation with patch19: player C gets the reduced loot out of the base. Player A+B get nothing. Rest loot is gone.

    Here comes my solution: same situation:
    Player C gets only a few (near to nothing) resources. Player A+B are getting also resources after C killed the CY, depending on their damage to the defense. All loot is given to the attacking players and nothing is lost.

    I hope it is clearer now, although it looked like ppl in forum got it also before. I think if that is possible it is the best possible solution.
  • this is an simple and good solution.
  • bambaalis wrote: »
    this is an simple and good solution.

    but not new
  • Salmoranes wrote: »
    Well, as English is not my native language and some of my players had problems to understand what my idea was I will try to give an example to clarify.

    Maybe also interesting for the devs @EE_Elephterion

    Situation before patch19: player A + B raid together a hard base and kill all the defense without killing base buildings. Then player C does the final hit and kills CY. Player C gets all resources from the base. Player A+B get nothing out of the base.

    Same situation with patch19: player C gets the reduced loot out of the base. Player A+B get nothing. Rest loot is gone.

    Here comes my solution: same situation:
    Player C gets only a few (near to nothing) resources. Player A+B are getting also resources after C killed the CY, depending on their damage to the defense. All loot is given to the attacking players and nothing is lost.

    I hope it is clearer now, although it looked like ppl in forum got it also before. I think if that is possible it is the best possible solution.

    https://forums.ea.com/en/commandandconquer/discussion/236932/patchnotes-19-1-pte/p4

    See the post of enigm. Nothing new. Doesnt work.
  • delkle
    7 posts New member
    Have been playing this game since W45 but this new loot patch is horrible. Takes all the fun out of digging as a team or helping another player. Just take it out, who cares if someone uses alt to grow stronger. Funds is what get most people to the top 10. Players spend for rank and it has been that way for awhile.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!