EA Forums - Banner

Latest Patch Fix to Come For T38

Am I right in what I understand from the announcement that basically you are backtracking on the patches that made using alts less effective and you're hoping thats going to make WCS better? In what way does encouraging people to use alts to feed kills to main accounts make the game better? Way I read it is that alts will get back their rewards for doing the initial grind, allowing them to grow and be useful longer and then give more to the main account as long as it kills more than 80% of the buildings? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick here?

Replies

• EE_Elephterion
    1768 posts Envision Developer
    With the recent changes we are finetuning our restrictions to exploiting multi-accounts with the viability of teamplay. excessive use of multi accounts to quickly grind up a base and then going in for the kill will still be severely ineffective for the multi account. But the 19.1.1 changes allow at least for a few assists in critical situations without costing players their resources.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • Good to hear sounds like a step in the right direction.
  • @EE_Elephterion I think the 80% part makes sense so you can help out with one shot maybe.
    But giving the resources to a 2nd attacker by hitting the buildings is a big mistake.
    Now teams can wipe the def with alts, and have their main accounts to clear the buildings before the CY to get the same resource. This is a massive mistake in our opinion and reverses a lot of the good work done with the original patch. If possible , leave this last change out of WCS to keep the game-play without base prepping.
    Also if resource was shared between attacker according to their def kill%, this is still the best option by far and doesn't help multis at all, as well as preserving, or actually boosting teamwork.
    many thanks, SAS
  • EE_Elephterion
    1768 posts Envision Developer
    edited March 2019
    -SAS-nz84 wrote: »
    @EE_Elephterion I think the 80% part makes sense so you can help out with one shot maybe.
    But giving the resources to a 2nd attacker by hitting the buildings is a big mistake.
    Now teams can wipe the def with alts, and have their main accounts to clear the buildings before the CY to get the same resource. This is a massive mistake in our opinion and reverses a lot of the good work done with the original patch. If possible , leave this last change out of WCS to keep the game-play without base prepping.
    Also if resource was shared between attacker according to their def kill%, this is still the best option by far and doesn't help multis at all, as well as preserving, or actually boosting teamwork.
    many thanks, SAS

Defense damage is also taken into account, so that will affect the resource payout for the main account. To get the full amount of resources, the entire base has to cleared manually, which costs a lot more time and resources then. Hampering the progress this way is the most effective tool we have against the advantage that multi-accounts possess.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • between 07:00 – 09:00 UTC for about 15 minutes, apply the update and bring it online again.

I love EA....they are so predictable..............15 minutes...........