EA Forums - Banner

To The Developers

Anyascat
1 posts New member
I have played this game since its' first manifestation and played on the very first world. I have played many worlds since and have witnessed the many changes and variations in gameplay/tactics over the the years. Some of these I like and some I didn't but none made me want to stop playing until this latest change of the resource penalty on a shared base kill.
This change occurred to stop players engaging in a tactic known as pre-hit or base-feeding, whereby a player uses a number of alts to weaken a target and so allow one main account to take a big chunk of resources without doing much of the work. Now, this practice has been wide-spread for years and there was never any action taken on it, until one group of particular players made an issue out of it.
So, we have a situation were one small group of elite players took issue with the actions of another small group of elite players and the game is changed for everyone because of the lobbying power of one group.
When I say 'small group', I am specifically referring to the elite status of the players involved, because in any game or sport, the elites make up a tiny minority of the over all participants.
The vast majority of other players, who rarely get a first place badge, and so invariably spend much more time spending money on a world, can no longer help each other dig without being penalized.
Whether you agree with the changes or not, whoever you blame, be it the lobbyists, the pre-hitters or the developers for not finding a better solution, the biggest indictment here is the fact that changes were made that benefit a small number of elites, without consultation or consideration for the majority of non-elite players. It smells too much like real life.
And so in conclusion, I only spend around €800-€1000 per year on this game, but I am sure one of the developers favourite players will have no problem making up the shortfall, as I will spend no more money on this game so long as this nerf remains.

Replies

• Gryxlo
    17 posts Member
    Agree 100%, the loot nerf on shared kills has ruined the game for me too, and the point regarding the changes for elites only is well made, most players stay on the world long after the top 100 or so are gone. I am out too, dont spend as much, maybe €400 or so a year but wont be spending any more.
  • PunkiePunk
    21 posts Member
    edited May 8
    I vote for undoing this patch (loot distribution and limited subs ) too, it takes the most fun out of the game, hitting a base with team mates. I can and will kill bases alone, but it is a lot more fun to do it together. Especially the beasts that take a few members and loads of cp and rt from all . Killing the beast gives a kick, that kick is now gone . All you do now is spend loads of cp / rt and noone gains any loot. Or you all keep going at the one base to get all the loot out before killing cy . See, there is a way around this patch, it is only very expensive and not a lot of fun . This patch does not stop alts being used, prehitting is still possible, and if you play it smart, you still get all the loot out of the base. So another patch that just makes the game less fun for all and does not serve its purpose . You can still fill an alliance wih alts, you can still use lockers, so what has changed? Limiting the subs is also not very effective, because you have the login for your alt, or it wouldn't be your alt ... you have created it ...
    I still vote for scrapping all loot for bases that are being attacked between different alliances, as a measure that may work against prehitting with alts .(that is what I saw happen on T37, alts prehitting a base, not in the alliance of their main account. ) So the fun of being in an alliance with real people, is brought back to the game. If you really want to fill an alliance with your own alts, and fund them all, to become nr 1, (I think you better go see a doctor than play this game), so be it, that is your choice.
    I hope for once this thread will be used to stay on topic, and not be used to start endless threads of replies beside the point. The point of this thread is 'UNDO the loot distribution penalty' .
    Post edited by PunkiePunk on
  • BambiByte
    91 posts Member
    I think, logging in once a month is not a problem if you have alts.
  • gamerdruid
    2646 posts Moderator
    Since I re-started playing this game about 5yrs ago the subs system has been broken in that it didn't record the time correctly or limit the proportion of the time a sub was held to 50% as stated. The developers have fixed something that has been broken for a very long time. As for the changes in loot, no comment from me.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • methuselah
    362 posts Senior Moderator
    I agree. So many changes in the game over the years have been to stop a few messing things up for the rest of us. PvP gets nerfed because people figure out how to jack with resource transfers and PvP is compromised for all, it goes way back and it really is a shame.
  • > I still vote for scrapping all loot for bases that are being attacked between alliances, as a measure that may work against prehitting with alts .(that is what I saw happen on T37, alts prehitting a base, not in the alliance of their main account. ) So the fun of being in alliance with real people, is brought back to the game. If you really want to fill an alliance with your own alts, and fund them all, to become nr 1, (I think you better go see a doctor than play this game), so be it, that is your choice.

This is quite a good and interesting point from Punkie. The primary reason for the alteration for the loot distribution was to reduce/remove the benefits of hitting a base with multiple alts and getting all the resources into the 1 real account. If only the killing blow alliance gets any resources and no prekilling accounts get any resourses then surely this will be harder to create a work around. It will allow the team play element to remain and i for 1 would appreciate the help. I'm forever trying to kill a base only to give up and then someone else has to kill it and gets very little resource. this is a team game in all the senses of the world and the team should benefit
  • EE_Elephterion
    1129 posts Envision Developer
    If only the killing blow alliance gets any resources and no prekilling accounts get any resourses then surely this will be harder to create a work around.

If I understood that angle correct, then all you have to do is put your multi accounts into the same alliance and the countermeasure is avoided.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison

• I still vote for scrapping all loot for bases that are being attacked between different alliances, as a measure that may work against prehitting with alts .(that is what I saw happen on T37, alts prehitting a base, not in the alliance of their main account. ) So the fun of being in an alliance with real people, is brought back to the game. If you really want to fill an alliance with your own alts, and fund them all, to become nr 1, (I think you better go see a doctor than play this game), so be it, that is your choice.

My suggestion is to give 0 loot for ALL hits on a forgotten base that are done by someone from an another alliance. Prehitting with alts not in an your alliance wil become obsolete. As soon as the base is fully healed again, it can be attacked with full loot again.
    The prehitting i have seen done was done by alts not in the same alliance, for the first weeks only .
    The loot distribution does not stop prehitting, or use of alts, you just empty the base before killing cy. The alts can do the grinding, you only need cp to do more runs than necessary, free of rt. So the measure you implied now is not working, not doing what it is supposed to do, but it does take the fun out of the game for teams enjoying playing as a team .
    The few that really want to fill their alliance with their own alts, can and will do it. This measure doesn't stop it, or penalize those.
  • I totally agree with Punkie Punk and the rest of players that vote for scrapping all loot for bases. I believe what Punkie Punk proposed in his 2nd post is wise and must you consider it as a really good option.
  • panik001
    1 posts New member
    I vote for scrapping all loot for bases too. There are very good propositions here that can be used, instead the one EA decided. Use the one PunkiePunk proposed. Fair for players in the same ally, and improves cooperation between them and the fun of the game.
  • You could have the best of both worlds and simply give each attacker a share of the loot based on damage done to defence (on base destruction). This allows team cooperation and stops alts (because alts would get more res than the main if used to weaken a base).

However the devs are uncomfortable with the idea of distributing loot in this fashion, and have restricted the loot to the the individual who has the kill shot.

But yes on the whole teamwork has been impacted. Especially on bases where both GDI and Nod are required.
  • to be clear: i vote for scrapping all loot for bases attacked from different alliances. When an alliance works together to kill a fb, they deserve all the loot in the base ! I don't mind sharing loot with team mates, don't like the complete loss of a % of loot.
    Van disarzio proposition could work too . Because we all need help sometimes . And with automatic share of loot, you don't have to keep count of who's turn it is to take the kill ;)
    Main thing: I vote to UNDO the current loot distribution system , since it is not doing what it is meant to do.
  • Gryxlo
    17 posts Member
    If only the killing blow alliance gets any resources and no prekilling accounts get any resourses then surely this will be harder to create a work around.

If I understood that angle correct, then all you have to do is put your multi accounts into the same alliance and the countermeasure is avoided.

So no comment on making changes for the benefit of a few players at the expense of everyone else? No comment on the fact that the vast majority of players hate this change? No comment on the fact that players will leave because of this? Only a comment on how the tiny number of players were using alts inside their own alliance...says it all really.
  • gamerdruid
    2646 posts Moderator
    We've had many threads with long discussions on the topics not replied to in this thread - re-opening and re-hashing those discussions will do no good. Look back through the threads and you will see many comments about 'changes made for the benefit of a few players'. I think you will find that there is difference in how you view the changes and how many, many others see them. I'm not sure how you ascertain the 'vast majority' of players hate the change - the vast majority have not commented here. There are 1000's of players and only a few complaints.

Players leave all the time for many reasons. Some publicly state their reasons, the majority don't.
  • Gryxlo
    17 posts Member
    Who did you get your badges with gamerdruid? The vast majority of players neither read nor engage with this forum as well you know, so using a sample from here is facile. You don't want to talk about this but others do. No doubt you will close the thread now because you have a different opinion. There should be an in-game poll for these types of changes.
  • gamerdruid
    2646 posts Moderator
    I don't see many others engaging in the discussion...... as to where (or when) I got my badges, that is irrelevant.
  • Most of the Time I agree with GD and take over all, his Observations and comments are Spot on

Think we should form a

GAMERDURID FAN CLUB :0)))))

All Hail the Druid
  • methuselah
    362 posts Senior Moderator
    I'm with you!
  • PunkiePunk wrote: »
    The prehitting i have seen done was done by alts not in the same alliance, for the first weeks only.
    then you not have seen real pre hitting.
    The loot distribution does not stop prehitting, or use of alts, you just empty the base before killing cy. The alts can do the grinding, you only need cp to do more runs than necessary, free of rt.

its already killing the pre-hitting, when you need to spend cp to kill each single building before cy. the cp invest is too much. especailly related to a fast kill with bombers.
    btw what stops you to do exactly that with your ally members? leaves me a bit confused.
    The few that really want to fill their alliance with their own alts, can and will do it. This measure doesn't stop it, or penalize those.
    nope, you are wrong.

i am not saying the loot system is great, but the old system was too easy to abuse.
    i am also a fan of shared loot by the amount of damage each player did. but this seems not possible as you can read in older threads.