EA Forums - Banner

The shields and respawn with sectoring on WCS

Replies

• inzomn1a
    37 posts Member
    True, Sorrow. We were to some extent. Not gonna argue with you on that. And I’m glad they fix that exploit but hope they fix it to correct the team play.

My point was we use them because we don’t have a complete team (WCS included). As for the players you mention, no comment on that as I know who knows how to play with or without.

Anyway all that is in the past and outside of the topic.
  • An interesting situation turns out - the developer Envision has stopped responding to all questions. Schaff players protect them very much. Even an independent observer will have questions for the impartiality of Envision ... Guys - you promoted the rule changes in your favor ... just admit it and calm the gaming community))) You have a strong team, but by rewriting the rules for yourself you are doing a disservice to TA . It is better to lose honestly than to cheat)))
  • gamerdruid
    2645 posts Moderator
    Simple reason no Envision employee has responded, those that respond here are on vacation - as has already been stated in these forums. I'm not saying they will respond when they return, but to interpret non-response during a vacation in any way is foolish, surely.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • When I was Working
    If any Member of Staff went on Holiday or was of work Ill etc
    His Position was covered by either another Staff Member or a Temp
    As EV has not bothered to cover those who respond on here
    Does that not show the Contempt That EV like EA holds the Paying Customers in
  • Very correct argument)) That's right to the point
  • inzomn1a
    37 posts Member
    edited May 30
    Maybe the TA Fund system should also take a holiday and not charge us for using funds. :wink:

This TA forum and the game have become a laughing stock. From cheating players, to cliche responses by Moderators to lack of response from Envision.

And where is EA??????? Do we really need to reach out to Redwood for answers?

I'm boycotting Madden and NBA Live and all future EA releases.
  • EE_Elephterion
    1124 posts Envision Developer
    Hello Commanders,

let me start by saying that I can see how the sector jump can be used to gain a tactical advantage over an enemy that is not intended by design. so there will be a review of that mechanic necessary and then adjustments to the sector jump, you are free to make suggestions here. I can however not promise we can ship an update before the WCS 2019 reaches a conclusion of the first Fortress takedown.

That being said, what exactly keeps your alliance from using the same strategy and killing them? After all their bubbles only last until they fire the first shot.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • Xhailed
    16 posts Member
    The problem lies in the mechanics of the sector. For example, players were able to sector onto a lvl 42 reso with bubbles and there is no way to take the POI back once it is done. As a result, you can continuously cyle out players in sectors once you have good position. Yes, you can ask what keeps you from doing the same, the anwser lies above. Once you have the correct position, you can continue the sector cycle.

Also, it would be nice to see a real result of PVP. Instead, anyone can sector and gain immediate bonuses back... That defeats killing your enemy and is a net result of only a loss of RT and CP. That's not how I remember sector relocation working in the past. When you die, there should be a real penalty (i.e no bonuses for 24 hours, etc...) Instead, players are able to sector and defeats the purpose of engaging in PV in the first place.

My request to improve the game is that if a player sectors, then shoots another player, you lose all bubbles immediately on your cash bases and your main. Obviously, it is left up to the player to decide whether his/her bubble drops. Don't allow bases to land on top of a POI when performing a sector relocation.
  • BU667
    8 posts Member
    edited June 4
    @EE_Elephterion : Thanks for your reply on this matter and great that you acknowledge this flaw/bug in the game. Now there will be players who for sure will respond to you with more detail on this but here is my feedback to you in response.
    What keeps other alliances from using the same strategy? Simple, their position on the map. Only the alliance closest to center ("high-ground") can use this strategy that will allow their players to effectively land at more or less same spot after sectoring where they were killed just moment before. For all other alliances to initiate a sector jump will land us 20+places in the rear. I am sure that answers your question.
    "After all their bubbles only last until they fire...": Well that is correct but usually all players on WCS (or other servers) have only one Main attacking base and this flaw will allow them to sector jump and then only use Main base to attack meanwhile all their cash/support bases will be shielded for long time allowing them to be safe and provide full support weapon advantage to Main base. Now imagine you have 10 players applying this at the same time. Only 10 bases will attack enemy but currently 50 bases are still shielded and provide support weapons to attacking bases. You see the flaw in this?

Now when it comes to setting priority to fix this flaw. Looking at he current WCS and the way it is playing out believe me if no other "tactical advantage" is found then this server will take many more months. Schaffa taking advantage of the flaw/bug have buried themselves in the middle and all of us have surrounded them in every sector. We cant get closer due to the flaw/bug and we prevent them to get any further codes. This stallmate or gridlock needs to be solved. In my eyes this can only be done by EA getting this flaw/bug fixed asap to allow us to play the WCS properly.
    Please see as well the other players comments on how this can be solved i.e to prevent players to sector jump for 24 hours after they are killed and/or maybe once one of your bases starts attacking other player then all your other shields from support bases drop as well... Food for thought :)
  • BU667
    8 posts Member
    @EE_Elephterion : and it would be sensible NOT to introduce any challenge like "Infected camps etc" to the WCS meanwhile this flaw is not fixed - for obvious reasons. Thanks
  • bematz
    11 posts Member
    Hello Commanders,

let me start by saying that I can see how the sector jump can be used to gain a tactical advantage over an enemy that is not intended by design. so there will be a review of that mechanic necessary and then adjustments to the sector jump, you are free to make suggestions here. I can however not promise we can ship an update before the WCS 2019 reaches a conclusion of the first Fortress takedown.

That being said, what exactly keeps your alliance from using the same strategy and killing them? After all their bubbles only last until they fire the first shot.

If you recognize that its being used in a way thay it wasnt intended design for and we had lot of comments explainning how it couldn´t be done in a equal way, i don´t see the point of not fixing it as a devo. We got a few patches already going on Wcs to fix bugs.
  • LegionF9
    16 posts Member
    Lemme give a few thoughts on game balance.

This game has a number of mechanics that increase the advantage of the leader: such as poi, and now relocation bubbles. Whoever gets to the center first grows faster and has advantages in defending the center. This is not unfair because everybody knows this from the start and puts effort into getting to center first.

On top of this, there are only a few comeback mechanics, namely that alliances are capped at 50, that you can reasonably grow only one attacking base, that once you die the penalty for death is not very steep, and the cost of pvp has been reduced substantially so it is possible to more easily overtake a stronger opponent with numbers.

But if the comeback mechanics were stronger, e.g. there were no poi, and no bubbles, then most servers would end up gridlocked. No team would have a meaningful strategy/path towards creating an advantage large enough to secure a fortress hit. Such a server cannot be won, it can only be lost when one opponent does not have the will, or time or stamina to continue fighting.

Despite all the leader advantages, over the years I have seen a number of servers where the center gridlock was so prolonged that most originally strong people stopped playing out of exhaustion. I believe such outcomes are not desirable from the "balance" perspective. The game should be enjoyable and finite, and gridlock is the opposite of that. After a gridlocked server the game always loses skilled players.

On the other hand, servers differ in their settings, and there have been servers where the return to poi was so high, that one team that managed to get to slightly higher poi just a couple days faster - then managed to use that huge bonus difference to kill off all the opponents and secure the server very early. Too much of a leader advantage is also boring and unexciting.

So my message is basically that right now there are both types of mechanics, and they are reasonably close to balanced. If you move in either direction of reducing leader advantage, or increasing it, the game becomes less exciting. Being careful about keeping the existing forms of leader advantage is crucial to preserve game balance.

Personally, I think that the bubbles themselves are helping the team that is holding center, but only marginally. On the wcs, for instance, we have seen multiple cases where coalition players jumped into the central circle, and could then relocate back onto the battlefield where they had just been killed, but they either chose not to re-engage in battle and jumped away, or chose to relocate into a quiet sector. This tells you that the advantage was not in the bubbles per se but in something else. Probably the strength of armies/defenses/bonuses is a lot more important than the bubbles.

Right now it is kinda quiet on the WCS, probably because Schaffa can easily kill any coalition base except maybe a dozen, but they for some reason prefer to keep farming. I am sure they could get the codes if they wanted, but some form of german efficiency tells them that now is not the best time. The coalition is not attacking because they cannot kill anybody, and when they can, they cannot hold the territory they might temporarily gain. So everybody is just farming, and the leader advantage keeps growing.

This does not sound like gridlock, this sounds like complete domination, and a change to bubble mechanics is unlikely to change anything about the outcome.
  • inzomn1a
    37 posts Member
    @LegionF9, Complete domination? No!

Have you seen Shaffa fight without bubbles? I'm talking about bases their sizes and not small alliances. Let me give you an example, kommerizialrat and condorsc13 from schaffa got cocky thinking they can fight one-on-one so they decide to jump to us without bubbles, guess what happened? That's right both died--even tho they were bigger and have better bonuses. Only advantage schaffa has is those bubbles against 5 teams gunning for them. Without that, this would be a different picture.

Another proof of your claim of Schaffa's dominiation: have you seen them get codes? They got 1 in 2 weeks but good luck with the rest. That is the gridlock that BU667 is talking about--they locked themselves in center along with their wings so they can grow them and maybe finally dominate like you're alluding to. But as of this moment, they are using the bubbles as their only advantage and ofc the highest POIs. How is this balanced when those outside could never utilize it because we can't get closer?

And who are you really anyway in WCS? What is your real gamename? You seem to talk a lot about what's going on there but aren't using your real account. Why don't you post with your real account.

@EE_Elephterion:
    "I can however not promise we can ship an update before the WCS 2019 reaches a conclusion of the first Fortress takedown.

You sound like you picked a winner for the WCS already. Is it the same team that complained about multis and you rushed 19.1 to get it out in a short time?

Really? Why don't you consider what others have suggested here and look into your own team and experience to find a solution and get on it. I'm sure if you really try hard, you'll come up with something. Or maybe you want to hear it from the world champs?
  • LegionF9
    16 posts Member
    inzomn1a wrote: »
    And who are you really anyway in WCS? What is your real gamename? You seem to talk a lot about what's going on there but aren't using your real account. Why don't you post with your real account.

@inzomn1a
    I am not playing the WCS this time, but I played WCS before in the top alliances, under various accounts. Also I have first-hand sources of information on both sides in this WCS so I see the situation clearly enough.
  • Again, I am not just talking about just the shields and support, I am talking about the ability to relocate immediately after being killed on a major POI two squares away from the spot where someone died, and taking over the POI all over again with a shield lasting 24 hours. That is an outrageous flaw.
  • As an option - for such small maps limit the number of possible sector changes (3-4 times per server). To avoid suspicion of cheating, there should be statistics about who and how many times changed the sector.
  • Mediv88
    16 posts Member
    > @eddi1313131 said:
    > As an option - for such small maps limit the number of possible sector changes (3-4 times per server). To avoid suspicion of cheating, there should be statistics about who and how many times changed the sector.

You don't have statistics? Well we have those, it's called ccta-stats. As far as I know everyone can look those up :)

As for changes I liked those from xhailed:
    -If you shoot with the main base, you loose all bubbles
    -relocate next to POI's shouldn't be possible.

Please keep up the good suggestions, not just blaming and flaming, that doesn't help anyone except you venting your anger.
  • EE_Elephterion
    1124 posts Envision Developer
    edited June 5
    I'm going through all the suggestions here, but without revamping the sector jump the only immediate changes we can make to the feature are adjusting the cooldown times or increase the setback range. JFYI
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • HI ,well with the Patch 19.1/19.2 a lot of old bugs or let say hidden features are back. CoveredParajute Units ,overflying Rocketeers/ Paladins etc. Same as Sector Rumble Jumping and so on.....

@ inzom1na : So you guys start with 15 Players in TIB 32 ? I'm just wondering because Fortress 6 will be an
    TtD as well but as EA said :It is part of the Game to Hit the Fortress with the same Accounts numberours
    Times. It is part of the Game to support "Friends" and "Allies" to get their Badge and some others have to
    find a way to kill the BigBullings in the Middle ,maybe in 12 Month or so when the last real Players there
    are big enough to kill the "best" Players in the Middle. I just try to calculate the Bonus in the Middle since 1
    Year sorry cant calculate that anymore.
    And yes Tib 32 it is just an example what every other Alliance will do if they are in this Position and Part
    and Art of Winning Server all over the CNC-TA Univers.
    Maybe thats why EA have to start an lot of worlds because everybody switch the World before he / she
    waste money in "dead" worlds without any chance to get an Badge without Mega founding or "nice"
    partnerships.

@ EA
    But this all was an discussion last year not yet not here so maybe EA could make it easy for every Player and let everybody know about the old and new Bugs which are known and actual not to fix in an short announcement.Just out of Fairplay to everybody.
  • Of course, you can use third-party resources and scripts from the side. But you do not think that you are often accused of cheating, because you use scripts that others do not have. Better that all this was already from the developer built into the game.