EA Forums - Banner

Tiberian 40 - Request to Developers to Reduce Malus

Replies

• Not only the Malus is bad, resource of FG also terrible, no incentive to dig, farm ops is more rewarding.
    Too many player, too few progress. We are reduced to farmers or lose trying to dig. I like to dig.

And something wrong with OPs generation in territory. way too few OPs so also take long time/very inefficient to farm
  • mikkelknop
    1 posts New member
    Agree with the others it takes all the time to move forward,and yes if you shoot bases instead of camps / opcamps you lose distance to the others. this becomes an expensive and slow game
  • Look Guys your not getting the Point
    The Object is to spend you Hard earned Cash to get CP and Repair time so you can do 10 runs on a level 24 OUTPOST with a level 20 Army God Knows what will be Required to kill a 24 Base
    SPEND SPEND SPEND
    Keep EA Owners Happy

Remember this is Advertised as a Free Game
  • popetoledo
    2 posts New member
    weeks into the server and we still havent made any progress due to the extreme malus, think of the people that started late, they dont stand a chance. I will be withdrawing my funding from this server as I feel this is an excessive rule to draw the time out and collect more money
  • yes please reduce malus
  • please change the willingness to fight, or increase the resources, this is nuts to play this way
  • I loved playing this game, but the life is being sucked out of it. For the love of god, make it enjoyable again.
  • kyleh215
    2 posts New member
    Please reduce the Malus
  • well.looks like no one cares.just ignoring our post.so im ready to look for any new game again.like already did my friends,one play SC other AW.other goes to eso,next to wow.i have lot of ways where is more fun
  • gamerdruid
    2727 posts Moderator
    edited July 22
    No-one is going to reply over the weekend and a change such as to the malus level will involve a detailed review of the implications. I wouldn't expect any response for a few WORKING days as other discussions and changes will also have been planned.

Also, I notice that a large number of the people posting here have not posted in the past and many are in the same alliance or family of alliances.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • even i think the malus is hard but its a challenge ..... as is the RP less fruitfull .... never seen RP rewards been so stingy
  • Salmoranes
    44 posts Member
    edited July 22
    I don't understand why there are always changes in the game mechanics. We play always a new server after we finished one, more or less with the same team starting with w8, w14, w21, t26, t36, t38 and now t40 ... I bet I forgot some.
    And we always choose the so called classic ruleset with morale system and without forgotten attacks because we like that set up very much.

So if we choose this setup from the announcement of a new upcoming world, why is it different? Tib 38 and tib 40 are equal from size and player capacity.... but they have different morale and resource rules... and that without being announced?

What is the point of doing that? Why can't you just have a standard set up and launch the world like announced... no one would complain. But looking to t40 now it is unplayable. No one has fun playing farmerama 24/7 .... we want dig out Pois and play pvp with a bit needed farming between. That's how classic morale worlds always have been and have to be ...

@EE_Elephterion
    Pls reduce the malus to the normal standard ... you already showed on w21 that it is possible to do ... so pls do it again.

Thx in advance.
  • EE_Elephterion
    1185 posts Envision Developer
    Hello Commanders,

we read your feedback. I'm just a little confused why only now so many players have trouble with the Malus worlds and not with the last one, Tiberian 38. Because both a basically the same configuration, in size and morale.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • Hello Commanders,

we read your feedback. I'm just a little confused why only now so many players have trouble with the Malus worlds and not with the last one, Tiberian 38. Because both a basically the same configuration, in size and morale.

That can't be ... we played t38 aswell with the same team and there wasn't the same malus. It was lower ...
    We were able to dig straight through the forgotten , some of us without or with very little farming.... so it was 100% a lower malus world.

And that's why we brought your attention to t40 cause we played / play both worlds.
  • M1soH0ney
    6 posts New member
    T38 had a morale of +6. T40 has a morale of +4. Both worlds are same size. If morale is 1% of world size then it makes sense. If not, then morale seems to be set based on what the developers want it set at.
  • EE_Elephterion
    1185 posts Envision Developer
    Salmoranes wrote: »
    Hello Commanders,

That can't be ... we played t38 aswell with the same team and there wasn't the same malus. It was lower ...
    We were able to dig straight through the forgotten , some of us without or with very little farming.... so it was 100% a lower malus world.

And that's why we brought your attention to t40 cause we played / play both worlds.

An in comparison from the earlier worlds? Or just compared to the last Morale active world?
    I'll see how quick we can get a change online.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • Salmoranes wrote: »
    Hello Commanders,

An in comparison from the earlier worlds? Or just compared to the last Morale active world?

Both ... but mainly from the fresh experience t38 to t40 .... there was almost no time between the two worlds for us o my like 1,5 weeks or so ... that's why it is in our mind how "easy" the digging through forgotten bases on t38 was compared to how "difficult " it is on t40.

But also on all previous worlds we played we had lower malus and like I wrote we only play classic with morale and without forgotten attacks.

I don't know which is the correct malus value, but we and most players I know have the most fun with the malus we had on t38 or t26 or t36 or w8 or w14 or w21 (okay w21 was to low due to a bug and was changed later to a higher value)

If you can change it and lower it to a "normal" value our team and many more players which like this set up more the others will appreciate it very much.
  • Hello Commanders,

I remember 1 other world sometime in the last couple of years where the malus was too high, similar to what we are experiencing on t40.

When we played tib38 I remember thinking that's the malus setting all worlds should be from now on, EA finally got the game balance right.

But you seem to have tinkered with it and this is just a painful painful world.
  • Really appreciate @EE_Elephterion responding so quickly to this thread!

And the level of malus on Tib 40 may be perfectly fine on a larger 30,000 player server. We're not saying you should never have this kind of malus again. But because it’s a smaller world, the level on forgotten bases increases rapidly and that stalls progression when combined with the higher malus. Hence all the farming. Guys who play classic servers obviously like some farming, but there should be a good, fun balance with digging too.

To respond to gamerdruid’s point, there are players from multiple alliances who are posting in this thread. All major alliances on Tib 40 are aware of it. Based on feedback we’ve gotten, some players feel like it’s a waste of time to post in the forum and that nothing will change. So that may help explain why there isn't an equal number of players from all alliances responding yet (although thread is also only 2 days old).

Thanks again for considering our request and taking the time to reply.
  • dude they totaly launch worlds without malius if you do not like the malius , like me id rather shoot my self . just do not play them.well i guess unlessyou just like to have something to talk about in forum. i get that. i am bored alot too