EA Forums - Banner

Tiberian 40 - Request to Developers to Reduce Malus

1235Next

Replies

  • Oknhapich
    6 posts New member
    Lol I know, I wasn't expecting an immediate reply :) I'm actually very satisfied at how fast the developers have been replying. Players here need to take a step back and realize it's only been a week since this thread started, so if malus did indeed get reduced, then that was an incredibly fast change.
  • M1soH0ney wrote: »
    I have never had a problem with morale on T40. If it’s boring. Leave. If you don’t want to spend funds. Leave. These are dumb reasons to change the game.

    The current morale system makes it almost 90% farming and 10% digging. The changes to the system was documented within the first day of the server by a post in these forums clarifying that the morale was +4 instead of +6.

    If the developers tweak it, then just adjust back to the required dig and farm cycles used on most worlds. There are countless strategies that can be used.

    I don’t think using the excuse of +4 making the world boring or hard is a valid excuse. If you don’t like farming; quit and wait for the next FA world. Farm worlds are just as challenging as FA, pure digging, worlds. Have fun shooting OPs in one shot, and with RT under 1 hr. That makes it challenging.

    Lol .... what is your ingame nick ... it seems you dont get the point. We wont leave ... cause we are winning the world no matter what malus.... it is just about the fun. If you have fun to farm to core and get your 3rd or lower badge then do it ... but don't tell us how to interact with the devs and how to play a world. There is No problem asking to change the malus, cause it us not a good balancing. And that's all ...
  • its war game or farm game?pvp you cant play bcs will fall on resources.and on rating.now its like farm game.i saw much better farming simulators :)game was almost good when start on 2013 y.but this game will never so good like was C&C red alert.red alert 3 was best of C&C and will be.
    game is boring,and what is wrong,all things are listed in this forum.
    for today pvp "removed" team work "removed".farm game
  • M1soH0ney
    6 posts New member
    [quote="Salmoranes;c-2078986"]Lol .... what is your ingame nick ... it seems you dont get the point. We wont leave ... cause we are winning the world no matter what malus.... it is just about the fun. If you have fun to farm to core and get your 3rd or lower badge then do it ... but don't tell us how to interact with the devs and how to play a world. There is No problem asking to change the malus, cause it us not a good balancing. And that's all ...
    [/quote]

    I’m not quite sure what your point is here. IW has the world wrapped up. I’m not contesting that. I’m also not contesting the fact that morale at 6-7 is much better and makes the world more competitive. However, based on how the development of the game has gone, it has become a farmer’s world, especially when playing a morale world.

    From this thread, I simply see a group of entitled players complaining that the morale system is too much, and they don’t like it because it’ll take too long to play. Since you shared your opinion of the game, and I’ve shared mine, I think it’s rather pointless to discuss this further.

    And quite frankly I can tell you anything I want as long as I follow the rules of the game. So calm down Salmoranes, and keep farming/digging. Based on what I can see from your ranking, you’re just an average player that is lucky enough to be leading a group of better players.

    And a better farmer means a better digger since an efficient farmer means a better simmer.
  • gamerdruid
    2839 posts Moderator
    Complaints about C&C becoming a farming game aren't new, in fact they'v existed for years.

    MOD NOTE: Keep comments away from insulting individual players.......
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • M1soH0ney
    6 posts New member
    No insult intended. Merely using player A rank to measure player A’s ranking amongst a population of other players. I apologize if it was taken as an insult.
  • M1soH0ney wrote: »
    I’m not quite sure what your point is here. IW has the world wrapped up. I’m not contesting that. I’m also not contesting the fact that morale at 6-7 is much better and makes the world more competitive. However, based on how the development of the game has gone, it has become a farmer’s world, especially when playing a morale world.

    Indeed you dont see the point ... and not only my point more the point of all players ... but well, from your ingame message I dont see you are unhappy with the changes.
    M1soH0ney wrote: »
    From this thread, I simply see a group of entitled players complaining that the morale system is too much, and they don’t like it because it’ll take too long to play. Since you shared your opinion of the game, and I’ve shared mine, I think it’s rather pointless to discuss this further.

    I dont think it has anything to do with being entitled ... and I dont think a discussion is pointless. You wrote above you agree a lower malus is better. And only the fact that the malus level is extremly high dont means it is the correct thing. The world is small and so a lower malus brings more fun in general.
    M1soH0ney wrote: »
    And quite frankly I can tell you anything I want as long as I follow the rules of the game. So calm down Salmoranes, and keep farming/digging. Based on what I can see from your ranking, you’re just an average player that is lucky enough to be leading a group of better players.

    wow ... getting personal is your style to discuss, tells me all about you. I didnt even knew I m talking to such a pro player who can see all my game history, skills, hard work / only luck - based on my current ranking. Sorry, but I dont think you know anything about me and so better dont get personal ....
    M1soH0ney wrote: »
    And a better farmer means a better digger since an efficient farmer means a better simmer.
    Last but not least: thats just totally wrong ... but I think you have your opinion and I m also wrong here again.

    Anyway ... thanks to the developer that you changed whatever you did ... the basekilling is possible again and the balance seems to back to a normal level. Thats great.

  • > @M1soH0ney said:
    > Based on what I can see from your ranking, you’re just an average player that is lucky enough to be leading a group of better players.

    if you want speak about rating,check on start.who in first day have good rating that player is strong.bcs are all same on start.
    later,who put money-have good rating ,big base lot bases.if you just see rating, medals,i understand you are just i..t .
    when supply points is everhyday red,what rating you can get?
  • M8u8r4r4a0796
    40 posts Member
    edited July 29
    Oknhapich wrote: »
    > @M8u8r4r4a0796 said:
    > dude they totaly launch worlds without malius if you do not like the malius , like me id rather shoot my self . just do not play them.well i guess unlessyou just like to have something to talk about in forum. i get that. i am bored alot too
    This is an inane comment for multiple reasons. a) No one realized the malus was so high or how much it slowed progress until they had already spent time and money on the server. b) Most players commenting here like a normal level of malus, no one is saying reduce malus to zero. c) Most worlds without any malus are FA. d) New classic servers only open up every few months so it's not like a new one is starting anytime son.

    Also, a lot of guys who're longtime players are posting in the forum for the first time, because this is an issue that is affecting everyone in that world and it's annoying enough to convince them to post. Your account isn't even on that server so not sure why you're so upset with a thread that doesn't involve you.

    ^^^I AM BORED ALOT TOO>>>>LOL. I am not upset with the thread its a game i stop letting it **** me off a few years back
  • hey;)
    is it possible to announce level of morale for worlds with this feature..?
    (as i noted moderator and developer here)
  • > @bambaalis said:
    > hey;)
    > is it possible to announce level of morale for worlds with this feature..?
    > (as i noted moderator and developer here)

    im sure everhy new world +10% than last world.
    dev or mod will say its all same.but we know true :D
  • EE_Elephterion
    1221 posts Envision Developer
    I'll try and inlcude it into future announcements.
    bambaalis wrote: »
    hey;)
    is it possible to announce level of morale for worlds with this feature..?
    (as i noted moderator and developer here)

    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • sixtrojans_six
    33 posts Member
    edited July 30
    I'll try and inlcude it into future announcements.

    Elephterion, was morale changed from 4 to 7 on Tib 40? Some have commented that in-game all of the forgotten are still showing willingness penalties as if no changes were made. It's a little confusing where things are at right now. If you could simply say, "yeah, we dropped it to 6 now" that would be really swell of you to do.
    Post edited by sixtrojans_six on
  • sixtrojans.be silence.and OPEN YOUR WALLET .and all will be ok.morale is lowest in all servers.dont dear ask about lower %.just open wallet :)
  • sixtrojans.be silence.and OPEN YOUR WALLET .and all will be ok.morale is lowest in all servers.dont dear ask about lower %.just open wallet :)

    Well, I think morale was reduced because I have base next to me that says the penalty is 30% but when I refresh my sim over and over again the results don't change. It it was really 30% penalty then it should fluctuate wildly. So I think it's fair to ask the developers if they did make the change.
  • EE_Elephterion
    1221 posts Envision Developer
    edited July 31
    The level scale for the penalty is still the same, with severe penalties starting at ~5 level difference, mild penalty at 4 levels and no penalty on 3 levels or less.
    What you should find adjusted now is the malus, the severity of the reduction of willingness.
    The adjustments seem to have taken its first effects from what I can see, the frontlines have progressed quite a bit since the changes where made. Before progress was notably stagnant.

    I'm a bit hesitant to recommend making the penalties even smaller or the level range greater. Right now the speed of how fast players are advancing seems fair.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • ok so whens the new world starting ??

    this ones sewn up
  • The level scale for the penalty is still the same, with severe penalties starting at ~5 level difference, mild penalty at 4 levels and no penalty on 3 levels or less.
    What you should find adjusted now is the malus, the severity of the reduction of willingness.
    The adjustments seem to have taken its first effects from what I can see, the frontlines have progressed quite a bit since the changes where made. Before progress was notably stagnant.

    I'm a bit hesitant to recommend making the penalties even smaller or the level range greater. Right now the speed of how fast players are advancing seems fair.

    I dont fully understand your post cause English is not my native language but whatever changes were made, I agree, it seems fair and fun for all.
    We talked in-game a lot and ppl are happy to have a chance to advance normal as usual ...
    Thx for whatever you adjusted
  • FOXON4
    25 posts Member
    edited August 4
    omg.game is boring x2 like 2 years back.im happy that i not bought limits for next month.i saved my money and saved time from totaly broken game.its so slow,all the time no repair.but have CP.i hope next year will game be fixed then i will play.i better will play 3 time of c&c 3 again.but not this garbage
    Post edited by FOXON4 on
  • swagbucks
    1 posts New member
    Personally, I prefer the challenge of the Forgotten over pvp. But pvp players are going insane knowing pvp will slow them even further than the environment. Combined the element and the lack of meaningful pvp for top alliance spots is wearing on even the most seasoned cic's to become bored and well, sometimes abusive just to pass time. Its not their character normally, and even I have had time to become an ugly troll, I don't like me this way. So because the server has slowed, and many are consuming a tunnel diet just as I am, I believe spending less time here (duration each day) will help and consume some sun. Its summertime, maybe fresh air and some change will make this a better experience for all while here. I don't like farming, not now or ever, I prefer to attack forgotten, not other players so much, so the challenge fits me fine in that sense(forgotten). May as well leave it be as it is, its our attitudes more than anything that needs to be adjusted, including my own, lack of digging has caused it for us all. But the challenge remains and that, well, that's a good thing.

    Bird
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!