EA Forums - Banner

Does the base lose defense bonus if it does not have defense facility?

When you have a cash base in 1 wave, it is very common to remove defense facility (DF) and use the extra construction slot for something else, like a refinery. However, many people have come to believe that if you remove DF that removes the defense bonus from the base. Here are a couple screenshots.
With DF:
https://gyazo.com/d0f0f29d56b489567d50cdfde5d4b995
Without DF:
https://gyazo.com/b0a13c7b2b3316d528588b75e51a31c4
Presumably a base is losing bonus if it is not reported in the second case.
Personally, I suspect though that this is just a reporting error, because if you simulate a base with defense facility and without, you get identical results.
Could the developers please clarify what actually happens here.

p.s. this is a followup/clarification inspired by this thread in the german forum
https://forums.ea.com/de/commandandconquer/discussion/283/resobonus-ja-oder-nein

Replies

  • gamerdruid
    3182 posts Moderator
    edited January 2018
    The German version appears to have a response (in German that google translated for me) that confirms that without a defence facility there is no defence of the base (and therefore no bonus can be applied).
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • That is correct. Without a DF, defenses are disabled and no defense bonus is applied.
    gamerdruid wrote: »
    The German version appears to have a response (in German that google translated for me) that confirms that without a defence facility there is no defence of the base (and therefore no bonus can be applied).

    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • defense is disabled if DFHQ is sold, but I am asking about DF
    the screenshots show the defense is enabled in both cases
    Can you be attentive and not reiterate the same confusion again?
    whether your base buildings receive defense bonus is a separate question of interest though
  • EE_Elephterion
    1366 posts Envision Developer
    edited January 2018
    chertosha wrote: »
    defense is disabled if DFHQ is sold, but I am asking about DF
    the screenshots show the defense is enabled in both cases
    Can you be attentive and not reiterate the same confusion again?
    whether your base buildings receive defense bonus is a separate question of interest though

    Well i DID test that just yesterday internally for the topic in the german forum, and in both cases the units, and with that the bonus, should be disabled during an attack. Even if defense units are displayed on the defense screen of your base. What are you using for simulating?

    Also the Resonator tooltip clearly speaks of defense units, so the bonus is not applied to Base structures.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • in both cases the units, and with that the bonus, should be disabled during an attack.
    Even if defense units are displayed on the defense screen of your base.
    What are you using for simulating?
    Any simulator works. I use TACS but it's not important.
    Here is a simulation via replayshare:
    https://replayshare.petui.net/YFrbFUR8SG
    The base has no defense facility, the units are not disabled (and they shouldn't as anybody regularly playing the game would know).
    If I build a defense facility, the simulation is identical, so I think the defense bonus does not actually change if you sell DF. But I want to confirm that that is the way it's designed.
    https://replayshare.petui.net/GM2UzKH8Eu



  • Def Units will retain the bonus (provided user is not on recovery from dying) without a defense facility (DF). You can check this by going into your DL and clicking on each def unit where it shows defensive boost, a percentage that matches your alliance Defense from the resons they possess.
  • inzomn1a wrote: »
    Def Units will retain the bonus (provided user is not on recovery from dying) without a defense facility (DF). You can check this by going into your DL and clicking on each def unit where it shows defensive boost, a percentage that matches your alliance Defense from the resons they possess.

    However, the units will be deactivated during combat without a DF, so the bonus won't matter that much without a DF at all.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • inzomn1a wrote: »
    Def Units will retain the bonus (provided user is not on recovery from dying) without a defense facility (DF). You can check this by going into your DL and clicking on each def unit where it shows defensive boost, a percentage that matches your alliance Defense from the resons they possess.

    However, the units will be deactivated during combat without a DF, so the bonus won't matter that much without a DF at all.


    This is not correct. First to clarify two buildings:

    Defense HQ (Or in German: Verteidigungs-Zentrale): This building defines how much supply is available to use in defense. If the supply is not enough for the defense, the defense is disabled. E.g. no Defense HQ - means 0 supply - deactivated defense.

    Defense Facility (Or in German: Verteidigungs-Einrichtung): This building is needed for faster repair of the defense after beeing attacked. It is common knowledge it should be on the same or higher level as highest defense unit, or the repair takes longer. If this building is sold, the defense is NOT disabled. The only known effect is, that the repair of the defense takes far longer, same as if it would be destroyed in PVP.


    With that out of the way. The topic author wanted to know if it makes any difference for the defense Bonus (gained through Resonator-POI), if they building "Defense Facility" is available or not.
  • chertosha
    97 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Mediv88 wrote: »
    Defense Facility (Or in German: Verteidigungs-Einrichtung): ... If this building is sold, the defense is NOT disabled. The only known effect is, that the repair of the defense takes far longer, same as if it would be destroyed in PVP.

    It used to be the case what you say, and that was indeed my question. But. There have been some recent patch that changed this.

    Actually, I just checked on Wrath 24 and on WCS. If you sell Defense Facility and keep DFHQ, all units are disabled. This is now based off of the requirements for building defense units. To build a wall you need level 1 DF, so if DF is absent the wall is disabled. To build an mg nest you need a level 3 DF, so if DF is level 2 or lower, the mg nests are disabled but walls are not, and so on.

    So now you need a DF, preferably above 12 level, for all of the units to be active. However, I could not find where this change was introduced and do not remember reading about this in any patch notes.

    p.s. I just noticed that also if you do not have an infantry repair building say, offense infantry is disabled, you can't send infantry to attack. It used to be that you could send them but could not repair, but now you can't use them at all.
  • gamerdruid
    3182 posts Moderator
    edited September 2019
    From patch notes for 19.2:
    • Offense units now always need to have their associated repair time building present in the base or they will be deactivated
    • Defense units that violate their technology requirements and are deactivated should now be displayed as such properly

    https://forums.ea.com/en/commandandconquer/discussion/243779/completed-patch-notes-19-2-maintenance-07th-also-completed-hotfix-16th-may

    From the second bullet point I understand it was previously introduced, but didn't work as intended. From 19.2 it did work.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • I guess we were so busy with the wcs that did not notice the changes. :)
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!