EA Forums - Banner

Test Challenge on PTE 1 (not on 2)

Prev1
EE_Elephterion
1276 posts Envision Developer
edited October 24
Hello Testers!

As mentioned before, we are looking into the recent problems with the Challenge. To this purpose we are putting both PTE worlds into Challange mode on Friday, 18th October until Monday, 21st October 2019. starting 10:00 UTC.

This Challenges won't award Veteran Points, it is purely for testing purposes to generate data to analize. To that end it will also be significantly easier to reach the rewards phase, the phase that was cut short last time.

We still hope for you to participate and shoot many infected, especially since on PTE the CP/RT costs are made redundant.

See you on the battlefield, Commander.
Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
Post edited by gamerdruid on

Replies

• Tik, tak, tik, tak… O:-)
    Always testing something
  • gamerdruid
    2940 posts Moderator
    edited October 18
    Challenge has now launched.

It seems PTE2 means Private Test Environment 2, it doesn't seem as if it's going to be launched for public use.
    Post edited by gamerdruid on
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • gamerdruid wrote: »

It seems PTE2 means Private Test Environment 2, it doesn't seem as if it's going to be launched for public use.

then why announce it publicly?
  • i killed some infected but shows none
  • nevermind challenge is over just reward banner at the top
  • gamerdruid
    2940 posts Moderator
    gamerdruid wrote: »

then why announce it publicly?

Good question. Probably plans changed from the initial posting to the actual running of the challenge. It may have had something to do with the problems they had starting the challenge on time.

• KG5IZE wrote: »
    i killed some infected but shows none

If you destroy infected camps after the end of the event, do not assign them to yourself.
    If you destroyed them during the event it is good that the development team knows.
    Not a part of EA / Envision teams - My comments are only mine.
  • Too late for me, when I entered again the event was over.
    Always testing something
  • Can I get in on PTE 2? :D@EE_Elephterion
  • gamerdruid
    2940 posts Moderator
    edited October 21
    The Test Challenge concluded today with a FAIL!

In one sense the test was a success as it means the developers have more accurate data about where the failure occurred.

As it was on the PTE, the only 'loss' to the players was the fact that the bonus Research Points gained won't happen for longer. The other normal gains in a Challenge don't affect the PTE.
  • Thanks everyone who participated in this little test on Friday!

We think we narrowed down the origin of the bug and are addressing that already. We will inform everyone once we are ready to start another test. :smile:
  • Hello Testers!

We just implemented a fix for the challenge bug. We will start another quick test challenge today, at 10:00 UTC, until tomorrow 10 UTC.
    If all goes according to plan we can include this fix in the next Patch still.

See you on the battlefield commanders! :smile:
  • EE_Elephterion
    1276 posts Envision Developer
    edited October 22
    We are delaying the challenge start from 10:00 to 12:00 am today.
    Post edited by EE_Elephterion on
  • But challenge is ended now. :-(
    Not a part of EA / Envision teams - My comments are only mine.
  • Yes, that came and went over pretty quick. :D

That also means we can set the end point of the challenge to 14:00 UTC today. No need to wait for tomorrow to find out if the challenge is still broken in the final phase or not.
  • @EE_Elephterion Would there be a reason a lvl 4 camp follows my main around when my def is at 38?
  • gamerdruid
    2940 posts Moderator
    I'm not EE_Elephterion (I know you know it) but as it is a weekend you probably wouldn't get an answer until Monday. The low level bases are because you did not follow the 'missions'. If you kill the low level bases they will keep appearing until around level 10 or 12 then start to appear at the level of you offence.
  • lol, it's because you do not pay attention. Shoot it about 10 times and it will be at 38. But it will still be haunting you.
  • Hahaha, ok thanks!
  • I think I mentioned it elsewhere, that would be the "Tutorial" camp from the missions. As @Katayalin said, shoot it and it will respawn with one level up until it hits level 10, then it should stop spawning among the regular camps.