EA Forums - Banner

ONE FOR THE DEVS YES/NO Answers so there not to Taxed

Is it possible for GDI and NOD to have New Attack/Defence Units
Is it Possible to have a second Tier of Upgrades for NOD and GDI Attack/Defence Units
Is it Possible for a 3rd Faction GDI, NOD, ?.
Will It Ever Happen in our life time

Replies

• STRANGE Quietness from the DEV team
    Perhaps a YES or NO Answer has Stumped them
  • Tiberiumz
    15 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Is it Possible to have a second Tier of Upgrades for NOD and GDI Attack/Defence Units
    Not a developer but:

Personally, I'm not thrilled with every part of it but the existing units do have a sort of balance. Not that I would object to new units either.

Nice idea but would still have to watch out for messing with the balance.

Another good idea and I think it could be fun to terrorize the humans as Forgotton or something. However I also think it would be hard to put into the game without changing a lot. Not to mention that PvP could get ugly (uglier?) if players started taking the whole factions thing too seriously. Kinda neat to think about such suggestions though.

;D
  • gamerdruid
    3951 posts Moderator

As @EE_Elephterion has not seen fit to reply here are my opinions:
    1) Yes, it is 'possible' - with investment
    2) Yes, it is 'possible' - with investment
    3) Yes, it is 'possible' - with investment
    4) Unable to determine your (or our) lifespan so unable to answer.

(BTW - don't take my answers seriously, they're 'tongue in cheek' replies!)
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Players are all ready investing by buying credits in a deteriorating game
    So lets have some thing for our money
  • I think I can give a, non-definitive, summary for 1-4:
    IF EA deems it a worthy investment, then you will see new content.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
    Is the dev team considering it as a worthy investment to complete at least one of the 1-4 with the current situation ?

Personal opionion It seems that more and more players are quitting exactly because none of those 1-4 things havent introduced in the game for years now :) and imho either you should call it dead or try to introduce at least of the 1-4 to get the interest of the old-and new players
  • Yes, players leave (not all are leaving because of lack of new functionalities) but 1 2 and 3 are big features that cost a lot (more than 300.000$ I guess) to develop.
    Because it require lot of time (designing, development, testing, balancing, fixing the bugs introduced)

Considering this, even if 1000 players come back to the game, it will not worth introducing new functionnalities for EA.

I'm already surprised to see that this game is still online so we should enjoy this game as long as it's running
    AlkalyneD4, cnc-map.com/ccta-stats.com developer
  • Imagine that they release the code from the servers and we can run our own server in our homes, setting up a free community in which everyone can continue enjoying the game when EA decides not to continue with it.
    The truth is that it sounds nice but think about the amount of resources that would be needed:
    - Dedicated server for the game 24x7
    - Dedicated server for databases 24x7
    - Backup system?
    - Fixed URL
    - High speed internet connection
    - Game monitoring and for the different elements involved
    - Time to manage the server and its possible failures
    - Etc.

That in each house that wants to make a server, where they would run more or less worlds depending on the hardware used.
    It would also be necessary to have a website to host the information of the existing servers/worlds and also their maintenance and cost.

Remember, this would be analyzable with the announcement of the abandonment of the game by EA but crazy today.
    Not a part of EA / Envision teams - My comments are only mine.
  • Imagine that they release the code from the servers and we can run our own server in our homes, setting up a free community in which everyone can continue enjoying the game when EA decides not to continue with it.
    The truth is that it sounds nice but think about the amount of resources that would be needed:
    - Dedicated server for the game 24x7
    - Dedicated server for databases 24x7
    - Backup system?
    - Fixed URL
    - High speed internet connection
    - Game monitoring and for the different elements involved
    - Time to manage the server and its possible failures
    - Etc.

That in each house that wants to make a server, where they would run more or less worlds depending on the hardware used.
    It would also be necessary to have a website to host the information of the existing servers/worlds and also their maintenance and cost.

Remember, this would be analyzable with the announcement of the abandonment of the game by EA but crazy today.

Oops, I forgot ... who would we shout at then when something failed? O:-)
    Not a part of EA / Envision teams - My comments are only mine.
  • Salmoranes
    74 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    I think I can give a, non-definitive, summary for 1-4:
    IF EA deems it a worthy investment, then you will see new content.

Well, maybe with the remastered old c&c game tiberium wars and red alert coming out there might be a chance ... fingers crossed.
    Looking forward to play the old games in a new style ... hehe.