EA Forums - Banner

Funds cost ... toooooo expensive .......

ScareyBillie26
219 posts Member
edited November 2019
come on EA .. this is not good .....
£30 for 50k ta ..... now ...
£25 for 50k ta ...... before

you really want to drive the last remaining loyal fan base away with no new content ... and expect us to be shelling out more cash ... really ????
not everyone can afford such things

poor choice to up the funds cost by £5 ...... not much alone but it adds up in time :(

Replies

• gamerdruid
    4754 posts Moderator
    Your memory is short, for a long, long time it was £29.99 for 50k. The pound has dropped a great deal against the $US (where EA are) and it is probably an adjustment for that. BREXIT could be blamed for it, but I won't go down that route :wink:
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • gamerdruid wrote: »
    Your memory is short, for a long, long time it was £29.99 for 50k. The pound has dropped a great deal against the $US (where EA are) and it is probably an adjustment for that. BREXIT could be blamed for it, but I won't go down that route :wink:

well.... if they are going to increase the costings for said funds ... shouldnt it be courteous to at least announce it. not sneak it in and .. ok then ... theres gonna be a few who will not carry on .........

ok so the prices have risen, then why not any new content ... its been at least 4 years since we had any new units or upgrades etc .. do not include the forgotten attacks , as we have had a gut full of the dominance overload and bloated forgotten attacks servers ....... probs why many have gone elsewhere to play ...... it to me and many others .. this game is looked at as an afterthought.... same old infected .... or the occasional classic server ....... and dont get me started on the WCS ......

so imho opinion the game has suffered the same as many other products out there ... shrinkflation

if we are expected to pay more currently for the product ... give us more for our money ... not years of nothing ...

also this old chestnut again ... but its been a millenia since we had any fund sales ....... jeez the fund sale chest must have more cobwebs and spiders than a disused abandoned building

• gamerdruid
    4754 posts Moderator
    I think the game is very much 'an afterthought' for EA. Newer titles are what make them money, not old 20-25yr old ones. Envision are working flat out to correct issues within the game not of their making (and some of their making) but for EA they probably haven't asked Envision to do anything other than maintain the game. IF they had, we'd have had what you want, new units, new upgrades etc.
  • awww.could b gouging due to the new players that may b coming in from stream.agree.they need to fix some ****.or think may b death nail for many
  • sometimes games can cut noses off to spite faces ... meaning pricing some people out of the game ........ in this house .. 2 players 50k TA would cost £60 ... almost a weeks grocery shop in the UK .... not good imho .. and dont ty blame brexit either
  • gamerdruid
    4754 posts Moderator
    OH, you're saying the Pound v US dollar hasn't changed because of BREXIT? Of course it has, it has dropped dramatically!

Funding 2 players is always going to be expensive. £50 is also nearly a weeks grocery shop for some, if they have the money. People have to set priorities and food, for me, would come before funding a pastime such as a computer game.
  • you still sounding like you justifying the price rise .... thers no justification for increasing ther price without notification or new contenbt .....
  • gamerdruid
    4754 posts Moderator
    Not justification, an explanation of the realities of international purchases.
    Not justification, an explanation of the realities of international purchases.

maybe so .... but a message from EE_Eplherterion saying the prices risen .. would have made it less of a snuck in thing

nvm ... probs see the emd of loyalty from a few at this rate
  • gamerdruid
    4754 posts Moderator
    It's highly unlikely that anyone at Envision knew of the impending rise to be able to announce it.
  • From what I am aware the last prize adjustment was quite a while ago, so I'm not surprised this happened eventually and neither should the community. After all some people where quite eagerly capitalizing on some favorable currency exchange rates. That change seems to adress that loophole.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • > @ScareyBillie26 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > maybe so .... but a message from EE_Eplherterion saying the prices risen .. would have made it less of a snuck in thing
    >
    > nvm ... probs see the emd of loyalty from a few at this rate

I agree with Billie - My view is, no thanks, total rip off.

Favourable currency rates? June 2016 USD to GBP $1.46 today $1.29, How is that favourable?
  • gamerdruid
    4754 posts Moderator
    I suspect he means with respect to other currencies and the US$ - look up the Russian, Iranian and Mexican currencies..... what do you see?
  • See GD has jumped on the old BritX excuse to justify the Increase
    But sorry ALL BALL SH look at exchange rates over past 6 months between Euro.Pound.Doller
    to justifies a rip off

As for EA not asking the Devs for permission for new upgrades or units
    PERHAPS the Devs might bring it to the notice of EA that players are asking for them and seek permission to develop some upgrades
    JUST A THOUGHT that is not to happen

ps what other games are like this where you can work with others/make friends etc
  • gamerdruid
    4754 posts Moderator
    You may see my statements as justification for an increase, I see them as an explanation. Look at the exchange rate of the Pound v Dollar (only one that matters for the British costs) over the last 3 1/2 years.
  • In Hungary the standard of living and thus the salaries are lower than anywhere in the UK. We pay the same amount here, but there is no reason to whine. You have to decide what you are buying. If high prices reduce the number of players, game manufacturers and operators will reduce it - to normalize revenue.
  • gamerdruid
    4754 posts Moderator
    The discussion on world-wide pricing has taken place before. Mexico and Russia were the places where their currency was weakened and the cost, in relative terms, was reduced. Pakistan and Palestine are other places where this happens too. The seems there are sufficient people willing to sacrifice the amount of money required, whether that be 1h wages or 1months wages, in order to play, not just here but elsewhere.

As you state, you have to decide are you willing to pay the price - if not then, here at least, you can participate for free. It may take you a lot longer to win a badge, but it is possible with free2play here.
    but it is possible with free2play here.
    Surviving a shark attack is also possible.