EA Forums - Banner

Limit time an account can be played via holiday replacement

I´ve noticed that many accounts are played only via holiday replacement. They´re leveled up, placed at POIs and are only used by trolls in center to block other allies forever. It just takes too much resources to attack fully leveled up bases again and again, without any costs for the guys who play them. Why not limit the time a holiday replacement is valid? It should be used for a common holiday, maybe max for 4 weeks. Since nothing is done to give other allies (which spend a lot of money too) a chance to hit the fort when some trolls sit in center at least let time work for them. When more and more player leave the world their accounts have to stay dead when shot.

Replies

• gamerdruid
    3316 posts Moderator
    There is already a limit to the time that a substitute can be played, 50% of the time on a world. Unfortunately the system isn't perfect.

The ability to control other peoples accounts via substitution is more important now than ever because of the covid-19 pandemic. 4 weeks may not be long enough if someone is self-isolating or shielding and lives in a house with only one PC. 12 weeks is the time the UK have told people with certain problems to avoid contact with others. Sharing a PC certainly wouldn't be maintaining social-distancing.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Sorry... using Corona for this ^^ Kind of funny, since this problem exists way longer than the pandemy. And I would see it the opposite way: millions of people sitting at home, have more time than ever to play their accounts if they want to. Anyway: I suggest to make some changes here, may it be the substitution time or account sharing. Someone should make sure a player who left the server isn´t played forever by several other player. It´s the only chance for other allies to shoot the fort somewhen. Or finally find a way to get the trolls out of center. It can´t be many people spend a lot of money and are never able to reach something and the answer is only: bad luck, we left the game to the cheaters and trolls and we do nothing about.
  • jbl3ck
    45 posts Member
    edited March 29
    @GeorgeSilver1776
    "shoot the fort somewhen" - What's your estimated time to get a decent OL for the fortress? Did you know that the fortress won't die if you stare at it long enough?

If you can't beat them, join them? U can "spy" on their tactics and apply them later on (the ones that you notice and like).
  • gamerdruid
    3316 posts Moderator
    Sorry... using Corona for this ^^ Kind of funny, since this problem exists way longer than the pandemy. And I would see it the opposite way: millions of people sitting at home, have more time than ever to play their accounts if they want to. Anyway: I suggest to make some changes here, may it be the substitution time or account sharing. Someone should make sure a player who left the server isn´t played forever by several other player. It´s the only chance for other allies to shoot the fort somewhen. Or finally find a way to get the trolls out of center. It can´t be many people spend a lot of money and are never able to reach something and the answer is only: bad luck, we left the game to the cheaters and trolls and we do nothing about.

A new world started recently and another starts on 1st April - maybe start there. Millions are sitting at home worldwide and can play one or more accounts as time and money allows.

If a world is 'dead' because you can't kill the fortress, maybe you should join a new world and a successful alliance. We have had many, many, many discussions about ways of changing the rules so that others can kill the fortress- but it remains the case that this is a king of the hill type game, first one to the centre generally controls the centre for a long, long time. That isn't going to change. Try the next Vet server (if you qualify) where it is not a king of the hill game.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • So, just to make sure I understand you correctly, what you´re saying is: we´re not able or not willing to change anything, if you can´t hit the fort because of cheaters and trolls you can´t beat or ally with, all the money spent is lost (estimated a single ally with about 30 people buying funds this can be, just a guess, about 25000€ over the years). But we do nothing for you, because we hand over control of the world to the trolls of the hill, we don´t care how they do it, how long they do it. In fact we care about nothing regarding fair play. Hope you enjoyed being beat without a chance for years. Maybe try another server, put even more money into it (understand the intention here), try to join a cheater ally, or even better cheat yourself to have a chance. Is that right so far? :-) I mean... seriously... you know how that sounds to me, don´t you?
  • @GeorgeSilver1776
    What you ask is a live limitation on "new" worlds. I do not know the exact time but it might have been changed about a year ago. An account can have a substitute for 50% of its presence on the world and for 30 days per case. (owner has to renew the sub personally)
    - adding to your description about your "problem": On the world where you are playing, (TIB26) there is a war for more than 3 years now, and both of opponents have heavy and small accounts being run by replacements. Still not against the rules...
    - On new worlds, you can taste the new rules. As @gamerdruid told it, it is not perfect but I am sure that you will not be successful without good tactics. ...in neither world.
  • Funny that you answer here, since you´re of the earlier mentioned trolls who block others just for fun and no good reason for years, thanks but I don´t need any advise from you. And I will for sure not start a new world, nobody should. The game is lost to cheating trolls, and nobody seems to care, and that should be told to all newcomers before they waste time and money.
  • BambiByte
    124 posts Member
    edited April 2
    You wish a strict substitution system, and - here you are - you already got it. Now, you do not want it... Strange. I mentioned the new worlds because the new system is working there.

I use only my own bases and it is me who has a single account, not more. So, your problem is not here at my site. :) ...and more, your team is bigger than mine on the ranklist. Start playing like others. Being succesfull is not guaranteed for all.
    Existing enemy on a world is not a mistake in a military style strategic game. There are farming games out there, several. Try them instead TA.
    Post edited by BambiByte on