EA Forums - Banner

CAN I PLEASE have in game chat like blocked completly

FaLcOn9X
24 posts Member
out coming or at least in going? as like parental restriction cause ? sure blocking everyone that can possible say in chat is possible but my "son" is an idiot just as well and can not be trusted not to type dumb stuff

Replies

• gamerdruid
    3490 posts Moderator
    An interesting idea - totally block chat, but what about messaging too? There needs to be some way for at least a CiC to communicate with him to get bases moved out of the way or onto POI's.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • FaLcOn9X
    24 posts Member
    mail seems no problem. never cared much for holiday spam or like when u login to your alliance like wiped. then the days following 3-10 pages of gripe complaints what all should/would do and who is bring the marshmallows and beverages next so i do not to start that
  • EE_Elephterion
    1501 posts Envision Developer
    edited May 4
    Hello Commander,

right now all i can recommend is disabling the chat window by clicking the little x-Button..
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • gamerdruid
    3490 posts Moderator
    Parental controls in general can be set within Origin - but the game was written before these were introduced so probably aren't recognised by the game. They are also more about spending of money rather than in-game interaction.

As it was introduced after the game launched, it is probably a great deal of work to introduce access to them for TA so is unlikely to happen. I've raised it with the developers however and they will discuss it internally.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • methuselah
    406 posts Senior Moderator
    FaLcOn9X wrote: »
    ......but my "son" is an idiot just as well and can not be trusted not to type dumb stuff

I'm not on topic at all here which is kind of my super power but I chuckled out loud at this. I'm imagining your 'son' talking crap to the #1 player on the server who then engages in jihad on you for the rest of your days in the server :p