EA Forums - Banner

New Patch?

Cugs
2 posts Member
Hello,

Can a Dev please explain the reason for this change in the recent patch?

Calibrating support weapons on or from shielded bases has been disabled now

It changes PvP once again, almost the last nail in the coffin, once you die you lose any small advantage you have of possibly respawning in the same area and be able to kill anything... the enemy can have there non shielded bases just sit there with pre set support weps, and there you are like a noob with none, until you lose your shield, and would have to wait up to 12 plus mins pending where your support bases are?

I just don't see the reason behind this change?

thanks,
Cugs

Replies

• Corny5555
    2 posts New member
    Good Patch
  • basso2215
    3 posts New member
    I recon it is Rubbish I will not be spending anymore funds here. I recon EA has screwed up a good World. I have spread the word it is going to be the end of Tib 26 for me. I agree with Cugs I was happy with the game the way it was now I am not happy and don't want to play any more, I have played this game since World 14 and this is going to be the end game for many players like myself
  • Soixie
    457 posts Member
    There was a minor rare scenario (sectoring) this was useful, but it was so insignificant that it was not actually relevant in any capacity. About as useful as changing the color of the Crystal in bases from 255b to 245b.
  • inzomn1a
    57 posts Member
    edited July 13
    Cugs wrote: »
    Hello,

Can a Dev please explain the reason for this change in the recent patch?

Calibrating support weapons on or from shielded bases has been disabled now

It changes PvP once again, almost the last nail in the coffin, once you die you lose any small advantage you have of possibly respawning in the same area and be able to kill anything... the enemy can have there non shielded bases just sit there with pre set support weps, and there you are like a noob with none, until you lose your shield, and would have to wait up to 12 plus mins pending where your support bases are?

I just don't see the reason behind this change?

thanks,
    Cugs

The change was suggested last year while WCS was still going on but I didn't think they would actually implement like this.

Read more on here: https://forums.ea.com/en/commandandconquer/discussion/244508/the-shields-and-respawn-with-sectoring-on-wcs/p4

Sorrow and another brought it up where bubbles should drop if you precal their support. But dev's implementation is a bit different. I think they need to modify it to what was suggested; hence, if you elect to use the the SW on your shielded bases, it automatically drops the shields/bubbles.
  • agree with the above - to just remove it all together is without a doubt another anti-pvp move
  • Master161822
    21 posts Member
    edited July 15
    Not sure if this is what the Devs intended or if it's a game error from faulty code in the patch, but even if you 'pop' the bubbled cash bases early by putting a small army on it and attacking another base, you still cannot calibrate the support from that cash base onto a main base that also has no bubble.

This doesn't seem right; if it has no bubble, you should be able to set supports from or on it. Period.

I would also like an explanation on why this patch was created. Even if it was requested during WCS, the Devs already did a good job patching the advantage alliances get from sectoring, by making move recovery timers cumulative. What Schaffa did on WCS after getting killed was take a 40 field jump next to the fort, and then relocate back to the enemy sector with 24 hours of bubbles and only a 12 hour move timer. Now if they did that, they would be stuck on move recovery for 2 days or worse. So what exactly is the patch trying to fix, and why apply it to all pvp situations, instead of just the bubbles you get when you relocate?

Soixie is wrong btw. This change has significant implications on pvp. Early or mid-server pvp (before center) depended heavily on advantage you get from 24 hours of bubbles. Alliances will sector in pvp teams of 10-15 players, and since they are facing larger numbers of enemies and 50-player grids, they depend on bubbles for that initial push into enemy territory. Without bubbled supports, the 'homefield advantage' the enemy has is even more skewed.

The other effect that this change has is on 'ghosted' cash bases. When an alliance succeeds in clearing an enemy grid, the enemy can stay in the air for 24 hours, and then counterattack with bubbled supports for an hour. This helps smaller alliances have a chance of winning pvp battles against larger opponents. It also created some interesting strategies and pvp dynamics, since alliances had to be cautious of counterattacks when advancing forward, and being careful of not overextending themselves and then getting slaughtered by a grid of bubbled supports. And it made the game interesting since teams that weren't ranked 1st still had a chance to win if they used grids and supports effectively and came up with clever counterattacks and strategies.

I would not call it an anti-pvp move, but it seems like the Devs only want one kind of pvp. I predict that because of the patch, pvp before center will decrease since the advantage of sectoring on top of an enemy has been taken away, and overall the game will become more expensive (and probably more boring) for players.
  • gamerdruid
    3490 posts Moderator
    The popping of bubbles but not being able to calibrate support with bubble popped is discussed in another thread - that is an unintended consequence of the change - and is being looked at to reverse.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • EE_Elephterion
    1501 posts Envision Developer
    We are going to patch the worlds from last week with a hotfix for this issue, the worlds that received the update this week have this already included. Please let us know tomorrow if this problem still persists afterwards.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • New Patch notes? Be nice to know exactly what you've resolved!
    Thanks for your continued attention to our beloved game btw.
  • jbl3ck
    66 posts Member
    edited July 16
    What about the "swap 2 of your bases with each other on their locations" in version 20.2 ?
    This is very pro PvP... just do it and use it before your enemies will.

The SW disable for shielded bases is anti "kamikaze" as i see it... Dying is to be avoided at all costs and the "martyrs" are stupid.
    The only advantage that a kamikaze sector jump should give you is the surprise moment. But not an undefeatable cluster until the bubbles drop that you can only fight back at the point your opponent chooses.
  • inzomn1a
    57 posts Member
    edited July 17
    This is nice.
  • We are going to patch the worlds from last week with a hotfix for this issue, the worlds that received the update this week have this already included. Please let us know tomorrow if this problem still persists afterwards.

Thank you, I have not noticed any problems since the hotfix.

@Bruellhusten1 It's not undefeatable. The bubbles last 24 hours, and half that time bases are on move timers when you relocate, usually 12 hours if the war is before center. After the bubbles pop, the alliance defending its home sector can counterattack. But the alliance that relocated is usually outnumbered, so those 24 hours of bubbles helps even the odds. As soon as the bubbles pop, it's a 15-man pvp team facing 50 players in an enemy grid.

For counterattacks with bubbled supports that are respawned after getting killed, the bubbles only last an hour. An alliance with big cash base defenses will be able to withstand counterattacks from enemies, since enemies will not be able to clear the whole grid in an hour. Also, if your alliance has big players with taxi armies, they can kill enemies through preset bubbled supports.

Just seems like this new change ruins any kind of pvp before center.
  • I disagree.
    The way it was before bubbles gave you PVP team a big big advantage - you could move close to the enemy and hit them with a protection. If executed correctly it will cause much more damage than a regular PVP attack. I think you should be able to set support weapons directly after relocating, but it should drop your bubble.
    "Undefeatable" was a bit exaggerated, but it is a big advantage, that is not intended. Bubbles protect sector jumpers from getting hit when they land. But as soon as they interfere with PVP the bubble drops in most cases, just not for support weapons. Why not for all cases?
  • 123wellz wrote: »
    .....without a doubt another anti-pvp move

100% agree!

There is already no PVP at every single world (by comparison to old worlds). I don´t have to explain the reasons - everybody knows them!

Make it easy -> don´t allow players to attack others players.
    So it´s a 100% farming game. Whoever is first at center wins.

Awesome:-(

Serious -> PVP has to be profitable again for each player! That would be the important change for the game!!!!

• I've posted a solution to the problem. Reverse morale for PVP. :)
    All these ideas do not fix the fundamental problem here. The game is one-note. If you PVE really well, it will cover up the lack of PVP skill. The game has completely nixed PVP. It's secondary to PvE. The best PVP players in the game are the best PvE players because the game is based on a power law progression.
    Since EA dev's refuse to fix PvP because of problems with cheating, an artificial fix must be added. Reverse morale for PvP. The game checks to see the largest of either defense or offense in the defending and attacking base. If the difference between max levels is 4 then zero morale. For every level higher than 4 levels, morale increases by 10%.
    < 4 Levels: 0 % Morale
    +5: 10%
    +6: 20%
    +7: 30%
    +8: 40%
    +9: 50%
    +10: 60%
    +11: 70%
    +12: 80%
    +13: 90%
    >14: 100%
    Also, make SW more impactful. The easiest way is to make SW cost cheaper by player score. This will allow weaker players to increase SW with up to a 50% discount.
    These artificial PVP morale additions are needed since PVP has been severely reduced in the game.
    Sandbox server not needed. PTE server accomplishes that goal, and helps devs out.