EA Forums - Banner

Funds

Replies

• Bosmer
    2 posts New member
    > @EE_Elephterion said:
    > Just so everyone knows, pricing and billing are not the domain of Envision Entertainment, that is entirely up to EA.
    > My guess is they did not like to see the game flooded with cheap funds so they closed the loophole.

Maybe it's your fault too if player have to find ways to pay less (argentine) and use "cheap funds".

If you want to play in good condition, you can't if you don't pay. 100PC per day and 12 hours of repair time, it's RIDICULOUS. You can't destroy a base with that in a certain level, you can only farm.

So yes, EA change to price policy. But you have your responsability too. Your game push players to buy funds only for having good conditions to strike ennemies.

If I want 300PC, 2 days of repair and 4 packs, I can't to that with the first pack (4000 funds). I have to take the second one (11000 funds) for ten euros... it's too much for a browser game for just having PC & repair time.
  • eddi13131 wrote: »
    There are 3 stakeholders in this game - EA, Envision and the gaming community. If the gaming community gets out of this deal, this game will die. I think both EA and Envision knew about the possibility of using Argentina before.
    Envision introduced this patch at the request of EA - that's why Envision should give feedback to EA about the negativity of such changes. Few people are willing to pay that kind of money to participate in this game.

To be clear, the price adjustment is independent from our patch and was introduced shortly prior with the rework of the landing page for the game. That is the sole domain of EA and not Envision Entertainment.

The community it doesnt say otherwise . In few words with such prices, no more than a total of 10% of your current clients will continue playing and thats a fact .And those who will stay, dont expect to spend much.... Nobody will gonna accept to paying for anything in almost 3 times up the previews price. Yes the Argentinian funds was an exploit, nobody can deny it, however was the main reason that the last standing clients have remained to play . I guess most could accept a bit more expensive funds but not triple the price....
  • Soixie
    549 posts Member
    redmatch1 wrote: »
    @Soxie

Im glad you have a well paid job in a 1st world country...
    But most 3rd world country players and middle class Europeand and Americans cant afford 40usd for 50k funds.
    As another player mentioned it will cost hundreds of euros to finish 1 server.
    So it leaves the game to a 1% to play and win by default.
    Wont be much fun playing a world with 100 players willing and able to pay that much.

The argentinian funds trick made the game affordable for 99% of the remaining community.
    Business 101 you call it? Youre supposed to make a profit, not run it into the ground by chasing away most of your customers.
    Its not like this game is new and has a large community.

The means to make 6+ figures USD annually is limited by you and you alone. From the financial markets to global trade, obtain the necessary knowledge and skills as others before you.
  • peadawg
    13 posts Member
    Soixie wrote: »
    redmatch1 wrote: »
    @Soxie

Im glad you have a well paid job in a 1st world country...
    But most 3rd world country players and middle class Europeand and Americans cant afford 40usd for 50k funds.
    As another player mentioned it will cost hundreds of euros to finish 1 server.
    So it leaves the game to a 1% to play and win by default.
    Wont be much fun playing a world with 100 players willing and able to pay that much.

The argentinian funds trick made the game affordable for 99% of the remaining community.
    Business 101 you call it? Youre supposed to make a profit, not run it into the ground by chasing away most of your customers.
    Its not like this game is new and has a large community.

The means to make 6+ figures USD annually is limited by you and you alone. From the financial markets to global trade, obtain the necessary knowledge and skills as others before you.

Imagine that...the mouth flapping his gums once again..providing zero value. What does 6+ figure salaries have to do with the affordability of the game? I make well above, have no desire to pay $500+ per world. The fact the game is pricing everyone out of the space is the issue, not how much money a person makes. Get off the cross, we need the wood.
  • Bosmer
    2 posts New member
    And when I said developers are responsable too... Let's me remind you that's you change some rules on wrath 26... First, it's a morale server. Second, center level is 60+... this server is very slow, you have to farm, farm and farm again. And now, EA change the currency policy. So it's longer and now it's more expansive.

Changing server ? It's mean I wasted my time and my money since april...

I tell you again : 100PC and 12 hours per day, it's not enough. I'm okay to pay because I spent a lot of time on this game and I find it cool. But i'm not okay to spent a lot of money and having not enough benefits... now, I have to spent 3 times of I spend before.
  • helldoom23
    1 posts New member
    This question about funds, to triple its price, is just a bad excuse. Everybody knew about the Argentinian funds for a long time( more than 2 years and with all the ears they have here, right EE) ,I doubt that EA didn't know that. For me it is clear, they want us out of this game so they don't have to deal with many people and a bad advertising . After, they will end this game, closing all servers and use them for something more profitable for them.
    This game is going on for many time and many good players playing it and their profit is coming down.
    That is the only reason, believe me, I've seen that before.
  • im happy for that.... if the prices stay big that only help me stop playing this game and save evry peny what i spen for f funds for what??? to have 4d RT and 500PD for shooting..???? we all spend lots of our real money for some f expensive browser game..... madness.....
  • leman4o wrote: »
    EA - Thanks for your time!
    You have done for me, and for many Russians - a gift!
    If earlier I donated at least 500,000 funds to 1 world, now I will stop donating altogether.
    My team of 150 players and I will no longer continue to play.

You took me off the drug - called command & conquer tiberium alliances!

Firestorm 14 - 472000 funds! :D
    bxlt3gpars25.png

brilliant agree 100% ****..k this expensive funding im as well in drug of this game i try quit and evry time next world coming out... but now i dont care no more so much money spend (loose) for a browser game
  • JVSTFVN
    1 posts New member
    Nice with me,,,, I am blocked to buy any funds, not single or triple.... I just cant acess the purchase...

Thank you....
  • I agree with Sorrow. The only reason why I still play was because I found out about the exploit. I understand that EA wanted to fix the bug, but triple+ the price is just too rich for a browser game.

I also disagree with @EE_Elephterion. EA controls the pricing, but I would wager that your input and others who have a direct line to the right people at EA would be a speedy adjustment to the prices.

Historically, when enough of the community complains loud and urgent enough in the forums; magically things happen to rectify the issue.

• Conclusion:

Many players already have left the game long time ago because of EE (bad updates, random decisons, no communication and so on). EE is also not willing to make the game more interesting again (see appropriate threads).

And now, EA change the currency policy because as a company they want to make more money. Thats fine but lead to the fact that more and more player will quit the game forever.

R.I.P C&C
    (unfortunately)

• I think EA doesn't even read this thread and don't care about this.
    They know that 80% of players that complain will continue to play and buy expensive funds, they already changed funds price many times in the past, and players are still here, even when we had not choice to buy 30€ funds.
    Every month they see players saying that C&C is now dead, and it's still here.
    With Argentina funds, lot of players were funding 100% of the time on this game, this is good for players because it require less money to play against big funders.
    But that's actually the problem, they not want everyone to be able to funds 100%.
    Lot of players that can't afford to pay more than Argentina funds, will continue to play with less funds but will pay the same amount of $ to EA.
    And some players that can afford to funds 100% no matter the price, will now pay more to EA.

Not happy with these changes too, but we all know that this exploit was not intented by EA. Funds price are not choosed randomly, these kind of packages have the same price on lot of games for a reason. it's their optimal price for a better profitability, saying "cheaper funds mean more money for EA" is wrong.

Sorry to say the opposite of many players, but every update, funds price change, we see players complaining, nothing changed, main players are still here, some leave but for other reasons, mainly because very few players play now this kind of browser games.

I prefer to see this funds price fixed rather than seeing this game closed, I'm pretty sure it's barely profitable for EA, that's why we will not see big updates anymore.
    AlkalyneD4, cnc-map.com/ccta-stats.com developer
  • eddi13131
    4 posts New member
    Anyone who played full donate at Argentine prices will no longer be able to play the same way. Therefore, the player will simply leave. Better not to play than looking uncompetitive compared to players who can pay a higher price.
  • @AlkalyneD4

I keep every bet that you´re wrong! Most guys can´t afford these disproportinate price of 30 Euro for a simple browser game. Ofc there will be some "Hardcore players" who still buy Funds - but even these guys don´t have to spend that much money because there will be no competiton! By now there are only about 100-200 active players (3-4 weeks after start of a new world). With the currency changes there actually will be less players!

I agree that there will be no more significant updates -> player are no longer interested (boring+expensive) -> game will be closed soon!
  • kOeGy
    18 posts Member
    Just open a world with an entry fee of dunno 20€, supplies can be bought for 0 funds and 900 cp & 4days RT expansions for free (:

I don't think that there are many ppl who will afford funds anymore then for cp/rt expansions, because if you really push your supplies you can spent about 200k funds in the 2nd month of a world ---> 135 € lul
  • peadawg
    13 posts Member
    If EE is saying he doesn't control funds pricing, might be accurate. I'm guessing they have the ability to control the package pricing. If the costs will continue to stay elevated, they should consider reducing the costs associated with packages; i.e premium supply pack currently "discounted" for 19,999 funds. Reduce that by ~30% so you get an additional purchase out of your 50k funds. It doesn't solve the issues of the purchasing, but it offers options for those that are continuing on with the game. Should reduce all the costs associated tbh...
  • With the new change to payment in $ USD, instead of € euros as usual and even with the 34% bonus, I still lose close to € 4 for each 50,000 fund transaction.
    I don't know what the intention is when making this change, it is not certain that we will buy funds or even play much longer.
  • gamerdruid
    3951 posts Moderator
    @YettiDasNeves Which country are you physically signing in from? Why would it offer US$ and not Euros?
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • I am in Portugal
    After the last update it was only possible to pay in $ USD and not in € euros
  • gamerdruid
    3951 posts Moderator
    edited July 2020
    Check that all your country settings (in Origin) set for Portugal. Change your location and language to reflect where you are. I don't think they'd be stopping sales in Europe with the Euro. Sales in the UK show GB pounds.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!