EA Forums - Banner

Funds

Replies

• > @gamerdruid said:
    > Check that all your country settings (in Origin) set for Portugal. Change your location and language to reflect where you are. I don't think they'd be stopping sales in Europe with the Euro. Sales in the UK show GB pounds.

i am in argentina , so what can you tell me ? it's everything in dollars
  • > @gamerdruid said:
    > Check that all your country settings (in Origin) set for Portugal. Change your location and language to reflect where you are. I don't think they'd be stopping sales in Europe with the Euro. Sales in the UK show GB pounds.

I don't have the option to switch to Portuguese, even if I switch to 1 option in any European language, it always remains and only the option to pay in $ USD
  • gamerdruid
    4571 posts Moderator
    edited July 2020
    yes - it seems everything is in US $ for Argentina

I'm assuming it is due to a volatility or weakness in the Argentinian currency. They altered the Russian price a few years back for the same (Ruble) reason.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • JGC1311
    22 posts Member
    In Estonia same all price in USD...
  • gamerdruid
    4571 posts Moderator
    edited July 2020
    If you're in Europe you should be able to be able to pay in either your own currency (eg GB pounds or Polish currency) or in Euros. Complain to your representative in your parliament as complaining here is unlikely to change anything, an investigation of EA by the European Competition Commission (or whatever it is called) may get them to change!
    Post edited by gamerdruid on
  • JGC1311
    22 posts Member
    EA does not want to pay taxes in the EU?
  • gamerdruid
    4571 posts Moderator
    edited July 2020
    Were you able to buy in Euros in the past?
  • Yes, I have proof of that from the bank statements, that's where I saw that I paid 4 € less and without the current 34% discount
  • > @YettiDasNeves said:
    > Yes, I have proof of that from the bank statements, that's where I saw that I paid 4 € less and without the current 34% discount

@gamerdruid can someone clear up what this discount is? I asked previously as it really seems misrepresented - Either the current price displayed is the discounted price (meaning the prices have increased) or the amount of TA funds you receive are misrepresented
  • Hello everyone. I would like to inform you that EA no longer allows you to buy cheap funds in the Argentine currency. They change all currencies to dollar. The game is now much more expensive and no longer of interest to me. EA changed the prices without telling anyone what I think is an irresponsible attitude. To show our discontent we should all boycott the purchase of funds on all servers for at least 1 month! We will remain active but without buying funds. Pass this message on to everyone you know. This is theft! 40.99 usd for 50k. Follow what is happening in the forums, protest this theft! The Covid-19 crisis forced many people to rethink how to manage their economies. It is immoral to pay so much money in a browser game without graphics quality and without updates to the game plan. Envision is also to blame for what is going on, they develop the game and release security patches. I repeat, follow the forums. Express your opinion together we do the strength!

Nuno .
  • Mediv88
    22 posts Member
    Short facts:

-Envision has no say in this. Its all EA.
    -If you want them to notice, you have to make this post huge and put lots of likes on the owser of this thread.

My thoughts:

-40 dollars is far to expensive, and will finaly kill the game.
    -15 dollars is a fair price.

-Many players are students, or people with not that much money. Some of then got sponsered by other players with more money. But this is impossible for with 40 dollar price.
    This will lead, that only a small part of players willcontinue.
    This will kill the competition, of an already declining or stagnating game.

So please:
    Electronics Arts, notice the decline in income before its to late, and address this issue. Before the game is finaly dead!

Since its still a great game at its core.
  • > @YettiDasNeves said:
    > Yes, I have proof of that from the bank statements, that's where I saw that I paid 4 € less and without the current 34% discount
  • > @YettiDasNeves said:

there is an error, I paid 4 € more and not less
  • H1W4y
    2 posts New member
    They unified the portal with other games with IGP. It's a limited currency setup versus the old portal. The rollback would be simple. I have yet to determine how many currency types are now available but the old VPN method now works again at least with web RTC blocked to stop geo locate. When I started testing I realized this ancient game isn't worth that kind of trouble to search around anymore for a loop hole. The bottom line is I spent more and had more fun at $10-20 for 50k funds than I ever did at $40-50 for 50k funds. Hear that EA. If it costs lets, many of us spend more because of value added. Basic econ.
  • Forgot I was on my new account posting that, anyway, from an OG vet this is ridiculous and I hope it reaches someone with half a brain and basic Econ 101 skills.
  • Just adding my 0.02 cents - hoping for a price re-assessment. This game has aged and unfortunately the "norm" for years has been for players to use the Argentina trick (and tricks before then) to purchase "cheaper" funds...so now in the mind of players we will be paying more (in some cases DOUBLE) for the same old game...There's no way of justifying spending that much on a game like this...but it's a double edged sword...most still enjoy playing the game and the camaraderie that comes with it. but due to it's free nature I'm sure EA depends on the funders to keep it running, so if that revenue gets slashed now with less players funding (I believe there will still be some who fund at full price, but revenues will still be lower as quantity of funders will drop drastically), means the game will likely close. Maybe that's the goal if the game isn't bringing in enough revenue anymore? Only the team at EA truly knows its intentions...

Here's to hoping for a price adjustment so we can all continue playing!
  • Totalement d'accord , EA ce fiche de bien nous . Quel est votre But exactement ? Mettre fin à ce jeu ? Si les joueurs sont un minimum solidaire , j'invite tous le monde à la grève des TA Funds , plus personne ne paie pour ce jeu histoire de les ennuyés un peu plus ! Les Prix sont devenu Hors de Prix , sachant que pour jouer à ce jeu il faut un minimum Funder , sinon ce jeu est injouable avec 100 PC et 12 Heure de réparation . EA arrêter de prendre vos joueurs pour des Con SVP , vous faites râler tous le monde ici , et je peu vous dire que plus d'un joueur ne vont plus payer de Fund avec vos conneries . Ce qui va être au résultat un gros manque à gagner pour vous . Va être temps que vous remédier à tous cela et très vite si vous voulez pas perdre du monde sur ce jeu , ou alors faire plus régulièrement des promos des cadeaux à vos joueurs car là ça ne va plus . Et pourquoi pas changer directement les ressources de bases pour que ce jeu reste un peu plus jouable vu les nouveaux tarifs , comme par exemple mettre 200 PC et 1 jours de réparation pour que les joueurs puisse un minimum s'en sortir sur le jeu . Sinon avec les ressources de bases votre jeu est injouables dans c'est nouvelle conditions et prix exorbitant !! Faites vite quelque chose , sinon j'invite tous le monde à fuir très vite ce jeu . :s
  • JGC1311
    22 posts Member
    > @gamerdruid said:
    > Were you able to buy in Euros in the past?

Until I moved to Argentina, I could buy in euros.
  • EE_Elephterion
    1899 posts Envision Developer
    Hello Commanders,
    a user in the german forum has given us the hint that in their case the browsers Pop-Up blocker was suppressing the PaySafe dialogue that should open when you proceed with that option. I hope that info helps some of you out.

We also received the message that EA has looked into the missing payment methods on some locations and was able to identify why some locales had not all options on offer and addressed that accordingly. Let us know which locations you think are still missing options.
    As for currencies, some countries with fluctuating currencies have indeed changed to USD, but all European regions should offer €, naturally. If you still see the wrong currency on display, please make sure you have the right region set in your Origin Account and if you use a VPN that your endpoint is also set in the right region.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • Soixie
    576 posts Member
    Lemme see if I fully understand this thread correctly. Envision (German) working collectively with EA (US), have for the past 8 years allowed most countries outside the US to pay $15 USD for 50k funds. Players have been using VPN to pipe into Argentina and elsewhere to avoid paying $40. Recently, EA closed the loophole and now globally, everyone pays the same price. Now, you snowflakes are threatening to quit after cheating the system and having a 400% advantage over the rest of the world? Let me go get my violin for you.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.