EA Forums - Banner

Insult by means of bases name

Prev1
I already sent a ticket to support yesterday. No response so far. Is nobody at EA is interested and I have to get outside help?

[url]http://prntscr.com/u17q6a[/url]

Replies

• gamerdruid
    3572 posts Moderator
    Unfortunately the system is not very responsive as many have found in the past.

I'll draw this to the attention of the developers who may be willing to react although it isn't their responsibility.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Imagine a grown man crying about trash talk in a game XD
  • Hello Commander,

I recommend you make a case with the Origin reporting form here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=cc-tiberium-alliances&platform=browser&category=report-concerns-or-harassment&issue=report-player&isChannelSelection=true
    Independent reports by multiple sources with screenshots are recommended to raise awareness faster.
    Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • Hi Elephterion

I already did that. There was only an automatic reply and nothing else. It's disappointing that EA obviously doesn't care that female players are harassed. Such an attitude promotes sexism and is personally reprehensible to me.

• StarVibez wrote: »
    Imagine a grown man crying about trash talk in a game XD

I know there are some members who like to be harassed by other men. It's different with me. I want to play and my basic rights as a person are violated.

• [url="http://prntscr.com/u2cfki"[/url]

I had already reported the incident through Help and received a confirmation email. Why am I being asked to do this again? I don't understand the delaying tactic. Either EA will accept such behavior or not.
  • methuselah
    412 posts Senior Moderator
    No one is delaying however no one here can address your issue. Folks are trying to help you, accept the help, or don't, as you see fit.
  • I had filled out a ticket and sent it off. Even confirmation came. How can I help?
  • methuselah
    I'm not aware of anything else you can do, I wish I had a better idea. Is there an option to follow up the confirmation, my guess is no based on past experience otherwise I would give them a few days to act on it and re report.
  • [url="http://prntscr.com/u2d9t5"[/url]

[url="http://prntscr.com/u2dao1"[/url]

Firestorm14

It's a multi-account, the rest of the alliance is ok.
  • I suspect a shortage of staff in the slow processing.. Players who make trouble don't invest in the game. This results in a lack of income. If players who buy founds are insulted, perhaps because they buy, that also reduces the budget for staff. I like the game, especially because of the nice people from all over the world. I would miss it very much.
  • methuselah
    I would not let one bad apple ruin your experience. People in general are kind, the bad part of the internet is that it allows people a shield if you will to say and do things you might not be accountable for. Ignore him, by all means follow up the report, re report if need be, but don't let him ruin your experience in doing so you give him even more power.
  • gamerdruid
    3572 posts Moderator
    Have you tried approaching the OBH of the alliance and asking him to get the player to change the base names?
  • Isn't it paradoxical to have to ask someone to get another not to violate my rights? The operator of the game is obliged to act immediately after becoming aware of the insult.
  • gamerdruid
    3572 posts Moderator
    The world isn't perfect, rights are ignored everyday. Hopefully when Firestorm is restarted after the hotfix it will be corrected. I'm an optimist!
  • Nothing has happened. I am aware that you are making an effort here. From Monday I will start processing and leave.
  • gamerdruid
    3572 posts Moderator
    I've raised it with the Senior developer - they may be able to take action (no promises!). Be patient, please.
  • Nothing happened. With us, sexualized insults are a criminal offense. I could go to the police and report them. EA, as a company that ignores this crime despite knowing it, would then be asked to act by the police.

I choose another way. Yesterday I bought a game from Ubi Soft. The seller assured me that Ubi Soft has a working support. He knows the conditions at EA and advised me to switch.
  • gamerdruid
    3572 posts Moderator
    @EA_Arcadia has been in touch with you - did you read the response that was sent by the EA representative?
  • I have that. Very nice of him, but apparently he has little influence on the process. I am about to search the pages of the EU for the competent authority. In addition, a deletion of the account is only possible if you hand over all of your personal data. I have a different opinion. The data given when registering should be sufficient for deletion.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!