EA Forums - Banner

Vet 8 server PvP Issues

Prev1
For the second day I have issues with needing to reload after every attack during a PvP battle. After the 5th time the game stopped functioning completely. I restarted browser, cleared Cache and Cookies, nothing worked. Each time I reloaded I could access my base for a short while, but not make attacks as the attack view of the opponent base was blank.

I couldnt view other players attacks, again just a screen with the C&C logo.

Chat was not functioning either.

Being that the Vet server is predominently PvP based this just isn't good enough. Other players are having the same issues.

It appears the server is not able to cope with multiple players being online and hitting opponents at the same time.

Replies

• I have checked other Worlds that I am on and they all function correctly.
  • gamerdruid
    3827 posts Moderator
    Try disabling all scripts.
    Try changing the zoom level of your browser.

Although scripts may work on other worlds, it is possible the special nature of Vet servers mean they don't. There are so many scripts that it is impossible to predict what they will do on a Vet server. Similarly, the zoom level of the browser affects how things are displayed, this may be enough to see the opposition. Does this only happen in PvP or is it also happening occasionally when attacking the forgotten (either bases, camps, outpost or Guardian bases on hubs?
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • xxxPsychoPetexxx
    35 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    it happens regular
  • > @gamerdruid said:
    > Try disabling all scripts.
    > Try changing the zoom level of your browser.
    >
    > Although scripts may work on other worlds, it is possible the special nature of Vet servers mean they don't. There are so many scripts that it is impossible to predict what they will do on a Vet server. Similarly, the zoom level of the browser affects how things are displayed, this may be enough to see the opposition. Does this only happen in PvP or is it also happening occasionally when attacking the forgotten (either bases, camps, outpost or Guardian bases on hubs?

Zoom on the browser was set to 100%. The issues I tend to get really become apparent when a lot of players are on the server and there are multiple PvP battles going on. On 5 occasions now I have been in the middle of a PvP battle and after every attack I have to reload as the interface either stops showing the player base that I am attacking and just shows the C&C logo or it shows the opponent base as blank, having no def or buildings. At this point the frame rate is still showing as active 57fps or whatever.

It is very noticeable that this becomes more of an issue as more players come on, to the point where the in game chat stops functioning also. I am not the only one to have this issue.

When I posted originally I had been through this process. First I logged into other Worlds, all were functioning as expected. Next I tried turning off scripts, no difference. I rebooted browser, no difference, I rebooted PC, no difference. I updated scripts, no change. The issue didn't resolve itself until PvP battle had finished, players had logged off and everything had calmed down.

On a day-to-day basis this still happens even during small battles. I often have to reload the game two or three times when I first log in to get it fully working. First login UI loads, but no data (i.e. base is blank, world map is blank. Second load usually sorts this out, although sometimes it takes three.

I am not alone in these issues and it effects players in all Alliances.

I use Firefox browser on an iMac i9 with 64GB Ram
  • Something is wrong with the server. This happens with or without scripts:
    https://prnt.sc/vv1h3e

Invoke Battle failing to reach server or something. @EE_Elephterion @enigm

• Error 410 I have gotten several times too.
    If that is HTTP codes it means "data not found". so either server deleted it too early, or the frontend is asking for something that don't exist, would be my guess...
  • Hello comanders,
    have you experienced this on browsers without any scripts?
    If this happens reliably, we will need some more info. If you say it is frequently triggered during combat, please open the console of the browser with F12 and see if it gathers errors when the disconnect is occuring.

Envision Entertainment Community Liaison
  • tokenting
    38 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    I have experienced this at surprisingly critical pvp moments.. why only then it crashes and no other time, very odd.
  • been saying it for along time, is a script daast is making and selling to payers for a free game, he doest know what he is doing and updating wrong, how come when kids make cheat for games they get taken to court as they make money out of it, and this goof get a free pass, is a free game no one should pay for extras that give them an advantage, vet has been one of the worst ive seen, and the racist abuse from center drive, comments inciting Islamophobia the company do nothing to stop this, yet all go for a kebabs like fat cats, the cost for funds is too high, pvp on vet is a fraction of what it was, the game an the company are failing in providing fair balanced game, why never do you listen to players, and why can others say racist and personal stuff and iggy edwards gets silenced, when the germans treated the jews bad we joined forces and slapped them. so what am i missing, a german company acting not very german.
  • have to ask why is game so quiet, cheaper funds maybe the answer, £5 for 50k funds will get the game a bit more lively and easier to get people in, other games dont cost this. why did the policy change, no way can some country's afford to even play a free browser game, and buying scripts. ? when first thing blamed is scripts, maybe disable them totally,
  • gamerdruid
    3827 posts Moderator
    Reasoning behind policy changes are never explained here. There have been long discussions on the cost of playing, the changes in the cost in certain locations and the unease and un-sustainability that will result from the changes. Yet here we are, a few months down the road and players still play the game, some with funds and some without.

• one_cIown
    47 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    LOL you pay for scripts? You pay one of your friends for scripts? LOL OMG that is almost like you are financing another players CnC game time, lol, that just don't seem right, one of your team mates is leeching your hard earned money ;-(

I use Chrome with FREE scripts used them now for several years and i honestly cannot remember the last time i had issues with them.

A free game requires free scripts https://prnt.sc/vwrtri any problems with them then drop the owner an email and he will then fix them. Free Scripts for a Free Game.

You can bet your house too that bought scripts will be collecting other data from you too and the author will be gaining more than just your cash. 🤡
  • tokenting
    38 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Elephetarion should look into pvp in this server. In this server you are alive and running with full alliance bonuses with 4 hours. So all people are doing is suiciding because death doesn't mean anything in this server.

In any game, death should have consequences, someone has decided in this server that there should be no penalty. All you need in this server are the numbers and what you can do is send half of them to suicide to keep the enemy busy and waste thier cp/rt. Hell this works so good that they don't even bother to get their alliance bonuses back so they are back straight after they are dead.

Elephetarion , please look into these rules again, something is not right.

Send anyone dead back twenty spaces with reduced respawn range, give them something to worry about. You have provided them an exploit here for abuse.

You have top players on the server coming at people like zombies without a care in the world if they live or die, is that really how pvp should be?

If they want to do this braindead zombie nonsense then get rid of their 1hr shields and we will see how long they keep up that behaviour... they are relying on a fresh set of defences every time they respawn.

Post edited by tokenting on
  • gamerdruid
    3827 posts Moderator
    edited December 2020
    Unfortunately, changing the rules in the middle of a server has consequences that are unpredictable - look back at when it has been done in the past. The likelihood of a change now is, in my opinion, remote.

This is the first time (or it's a long time since) that a Vet server hasn't had Forgotten attacks. The behaviour you're describing is likely because of this and a starting level 45.
  • tokenting
    38 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    I don't want the rules changed in the middle of a server, I would like to know why death has zero consequences - that must be a mistake.

• @one_clown hi mate been a while, you on the vet? if so why you so quiet lol, vet is an all round unfair server, its impossible for new players to develop interest in the server because legacy gives players an unfair advantage, the vet server is dying with the same players controlling it, nobody else stands a chance, takes a new player to the server 5-6 days for base 2, the players with high legacy it takes 2 days! the players start with a 45 army, the forgotten bases start at 44, the forgotten bases only go to level 60, teams reached the middle in 12 days of the server and its a 93 day server, so now its like 60 days left to do what? sit on a hub? they whole layout of it is stupid and not new player friendly! i find it so hard to find players to join vet and its even harder getting them to stay on the server because of the unfair advantage! make it fair for everyone, the pvp thing also is a big issue, it seems to freeze when you are about to get the kill shot, i only experienced this when hitting CD 'center driven' bases, and YES @one_clown Xdaast is charging money for scripts, who actually knows what these script guys can do? can they make the game freeze? can they tamper with the game? what exacty can they do? i think charging for a script is wrong and it must contain something more than the other otherwise nobody would buy it, so please look into this aswell, we just ask for a fair game, thanks
  • gamerdruid
    3827 posts Moderator
    edited December 2020
    ... so now its like 60 days left to do what? sit on a hub?
    Hubs need to be vacated on a regular basis due to forgotten fighting back.
    ..... i find it so hard to find players to join vet and its even harder getting them to stay on the server
    isn't that because the vet is aimed at Veteran experienced players?
    .....Xdaast is charging money for scripts, who actually knows what these script guys can do? can they make the game freeze?
    I suppose they could!
    can they tamper with the game?
    Not if you don't use their scripts!
    i think charging for a script is wrong
    I'm sure he would argue it is fair to be paid a small fee for updating old scripts and packaging them together and ensuring they work in harmony with each other.
    and it must contain something more than the other otherwise nobody would buy it, so please look into this aswell, we just ask for a fair game, thanks
    As always with scripts, you do so at your own risk. If you believe there is malicious code in there, don't use it. The game doesn't run on the basis of scripts so they can't adjust the game, only doing what the developers allow. If scripts cause an issue with the running of the game (it has inadvertently happened in the past) then the entry requirements for the routines called by the script can be changed or the game altered to prevent the issue. (One example I can think of was the upgrading of bases via the the Warchiefs script. Another example is the simulation feature. The frequency you can call the simulator -either built in or external - was altered to slow multiple simulations down.)

As to who you expect to 'look into it' I don't know. The developers monitor the game via internal metrics but don't support scripts.

• one_cIown wrote: »
    LOL you pay for scripts? You pay one of your friends for scripts? LOL OMG that is almost like you are financing another players CnC game time, lol, that just don't seem right, one of your team mates is leeching your hard earned money ;-(

A free game requires free scripts https://prnt.sc/vwrtri any problems with them then drop the owner an email and he will then fix them. Free Scripts for a Free Game.

The ONLY reason this is a FREE game for YOU is that a lot of us are actually paying so YOU can play for free!

Updating those scripts from time to time when the server changes takes time and I am happy that someone is willing to do so and I gladly pay a couple of bucks for it.
    While you are playing a free game with free script? Who is the leech?
    Don't get me wrong, I don't mind you playing for free, but you need to be a little humble of WHY you are able to do so!
  • @Keyser_888 lmao you paying for scripts does not allow me to play for free 🤡 you paying for scripts does bring a sad smile to my face why pay for something people are willing and enjoy giving for free. Your money no matter how little would be better spent on the game so that EA and all that run game can continue to run game for us ALL to play. Giving your cash to third parties on the back of the game like xdaast (sorry xdaast but its your scripts that have been mentioned hence why your name keeps popping up) take good money away from the game and into others pockets. Example most people pay to play and to be honest so do I, my normal capacities for my 3 accounts are 20dayRT and 3000CP because that is how i enjoy to play the game and because our game providers need some cash to keep delivering our game that we all enjoy sorry EA but that is all i can afford at moment. Players should be able to play for free but it is less possible when guys give their cash to guys that take money FROM the game FROM charging for scripts its such a shame that that money will no longer go into the game instead it will go into a GAMERS pocket. And yes it might seem small amounts and insignificant but your bucks all add up.

@xxxPsychoPetexxx you should know by now buddy Vet servers is the format that CD play, they are amazing at it, a good team/family and only way to do well on them servers is to play with them and then they choose how you rank and finish. It would be nice to see a few more of the big FAMILIES of teams battle it out on a Classic server like TIB42 which has recently been a pretty good server one of the best in a long time with some big teams too, we need more of these true challenges with real digging and real fighting real enemies and real allies. Maybe something can be organised for 2021??

PvP on TIB42 is greeeeeeaaaaat no problems there hehehe, it must be a problem with scripts that guys are using on Vet8 that are causing their issues 🤡

By the way i wish all that read a Merry Xmas and all the very best for 2021, keep safe.
  • you would be shocked if you seen the new CD lineup, hardly any, if any are the old guys from vet6, its a total different line up now, they always have advantage because of the higher legacy, which means it will always be an unfair server, they say it is a server for vet players, long term players? yes it is but most old players have been forced into making new accounts because the funds are so expensive, so in order to get a discount they make new accounts all the time! why should a player who has been playing for years pay more than a new player? seems abit of a **** take to me, surely players with numourous badges,medals etc should surely be getting some kind of discounts regarding funds right? seems you pay more of a price for having badges lol, I will continue my fight against CD, but obviously we have no chance, the server is exploited, CD even have a HOLE FIXER alliance which they use to fill holes, and they have constantly being shooting these bases, why is this allowed? it is cheating and just sums up the game! they even shoot their own bases with alt accounts so they can jump bases further, there is so much going on ingame and it gets ignored, i will be surprised if this game survives another year, do us all a favour and get rid!