EA Forums - Banner

Multiple accounts

Many worlds ago EA stopped the ability to 'farm' bases. This was mainly due to the use of multiple accounts by single players. It has left the game stale, and biased heavily towards those that can afford to fund their accounts. I realise that EA want to make money, but it has taken away a lot of the equality that farming brought to the game.
I'd like to suggest that making it impossible for multiple accounts on the same IP address to farm, attack, or otherwise assist another account on the same IP address would allow the game to get some of the fun back into the game. The epic months long wars have gone. Hitting the fortress in a few months is something only the heavily funded can do. The tech exists, and is used on games like 'Forge of Empires'.
The ability to grow quickly using farming, even in some limited way, would go some way to equalizing the very obvious difference between highly funded and non funded players.

Replies

• gamerdruid
    3892 posts Moderator
    edited January 8
    Using IP addresses has been discussed many times and every time is rejected by the developers for a lot of reasons. Technically it may be possible but I don't think it's going to happen. You plan would prevent two people in the same household (they'd share IP address that is visible externally) from playing co-operatively. Also, accommodation halls for students would effectively prevent the same as their IP address viewed externally is the same.

Similarly, your plan wouldn't prevent the use of substitution for the farmed accounts.
    I am not an employee of EA/Envision. The views expressed are my own!
  • Soixie
    530 posts Member
    Nope.